[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Nah, well I mean probably, but not the guy I was thinking about. It was one of the poster who just speaks confidently about every hockey take like it's fact not opinion not a poster who cosplays as a drunk alien. Can't remember who though.

1 minute ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Nah, well I mean probably, but not the guy I was thinking about. It was one of the poster who just speaks confidently about every hockey take like it's fact not opinion not a poster who cosplays as a drunk alien. Can't remember who though.

How many alts does @Alfliveshave now. I think it is three so far but not confident in the third. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

How many alts does @Alfliveshave now. I think it is three so far but not confident in the third. 

I'd rather not think about it. There are 100% alts on this forum, but it's no skin off my ass. I think it's weird, but I don't judge people for how they get there freak on if it's not hurting anyone.

Edited by MeanSeanBean

8 hours ago, Darius said:

“Your team is a joke”

this is a clown that they are presenting as an objective analyst on sportsnet these days. 

For someone who made the NHL as a "tough guy" he's so mentally fragile that some twitter comments from strangers really get to him.

How sad. Hope he's replaced with someone more respectable next year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I'd rather not think about it. There are 100% alts on this forum, but it's no skin off my ass. I think it's weird, but I don't judge people for how they get there freak on if it's not hurting anyone.

@fuzzyI think he is talking about you. 
And I think the alts are all in good fun.  Have no problem with them, it is the Russian/Chinese misinformation machine posts that are annoying. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BarneyKook said:

Can you imagine asking a Liverpool fan if they would support Manchester United in the Champions League Final. This crap about having a Canada's team needs to die once and for all. 

The Boston pizza add is so out of touch and so very obvious marketing ploy that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth almost as bad as their frozen pizzas.

A good friend of mine is originally from North London and a fan of Spurs....Chelsea was playing in Champions League and I asked him if he was cheering for them. He said, "It's another London side, so yes."

Then I asked "What if the Gunners were playing?"...

....If looks could kill.....

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

@fuzzyI think he is talking about you. 
And I think the alts are all in good fun.  Have no problem with them, it is the Russian/Chinese misinformation machine posts that are annoying. 

I don't even know what that means. I'm just a hockey fan with thoughts and ideas. Some people agree with my takes, others don't and that's fine. 

It's funny how Gazdic started off his panel job as a nice respectable analyst, and yes, a Canucks fan. He said some nice things about the Canucks when they were playing, but now he's calling our team and the fanbase a bunch of Losers?  This goes to show the arrogance of the Oilers and their fan base. The media can try, but Canada is cheering for the Panthers. Suck it SN and TSN.

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

It's funny how Gazdic started off his panel job as a nice respectable analyst, and yes, a Canucks fan. He said some nice things about the Canucks when they were playing, but now he's calling our team and the fanbase a bunch of Losers?  This goes to show the arrogance of the Oilers and their fan base. The media can try, but Canada is cheering for the Panthers. Suck it SN and TSN.

Agreed, it's almost like he was instructed to slag the Canucks. Reminds me of the US news propaganda machine 

Just now, fuzzy said:

Agreed, it's almost like he was instructed to slag the Canucks. Reminds me of the US news propaganda machine 

I want to see Bieksa vs Gazdic in the ring

Let's settle this

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fuzzy said:

I guess we really gave Edmonton a scare 😆 

Seeing OEL lift the cup is a small price to pay to see McDiver cry. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Nothing will ever match the hack job that douche Ron MacLean did on Burr. 

Oh no, Gadzawho doesn't like Canucks fans. Now tell me what Jen thinks. 

It's crazy, maybe I'm delusional but it sure seems to be coordinated.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, fuzzy said:

It's crazy, maybe I'm delusional but it sure seems to be coordinated.

I think it's easy to confuse regularity with coordinated. It's just the usual Canadian media stuff. Run out of topics, slag Vancouver. 

I don't care. If we ever go the distance the cup is for us, and only us. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think it's easy to confuse regularity with coordinated. It's just the usual Canadian media stuff. Run out of topics, slag Vancouver. 

I don't care. If we ever go the distance the cup is for us, and only us. 

Well they run out of subjects in the first round every year when the Leafs are eliminated.

Let them take their shots, we should just keep turning them off which is the worst thing for them.

Show them that alienating one of their biggest markets is not how you make your $4B back.

I can't imagine making a $4B investment and then making Ron MacLean your face, Ron MacLean the ineffectual father none of us ever wanted.

• Vintage 1

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Well they run out of subjects in the first round every year when the Leafs are eliminated.

Let them take their shots, we should just keep turning them off which is the worst thing for them.

Show them that alienating one of their biggest markets is not how you make your $4B back.

I can't imagine making a $4B investment and then making Ron MacLean your face, Ron MacLean the ineffectual father none of us ever wanted.

we've been paying for streaming, but I think next year I'm going to try some "alternate" ways of viewing. 

23 hours ago, Bob Long said:

FLA needs to turn this into an aggressive series from the puck drop. Can't be afraid to take penalties and play timid. 

Bang on Robert. You've got to punish McDick and Drai each and every time they touch the puck. They need to be made to feel uncomfortable on a shift to shift basis. And if you are going to take a minor penalty on them make it worth while, just don't draw blood.

• ThereItIs 2

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

we've been paying for streaming, but I think next year I'm going to try some "alternate" ways of viewing. 

Have been doing that this year.  Funny enough I got cable back for the playoffs and found the Roger's ignite to be less stable and less reliable than most of the streaming sites.  Goodbye cable.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

image.png.eb28b1f0e009d299d6d3b22797630c53.png

2014 draft finally played out 10 years later.

Despite the top 10 blunder, Canucks actually did very well overall in this draft:

• McCann who eventually became a 40 goal scorer and 2-way centre-men
  • Demko: elite Vezina calibre starting goalie
  • Forsling: A solid top-4 Defenseman

Problem is, we gave up on 2 of them way too soon.