[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'd be shocked if anything comes from it. Maybe a fine.

1 game (for the missed major) if Barkov plays, 2 if he doesn't.

No suspension should mean open season on Drai. I was a little surprised he wasn't clocked soon after Skinner was pulled... there was a great opportunity for some payback there on the near boards.

• ThereItIs 3

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'd be shocked if anything comes from it. Maybe a fine.

Not to say your guess isn't unfounded.

More worthy of a game than Soucy's crosscheck, IMO.

Maybe they can suspended Edler for it? :classic_wink:

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Of course self hating Canucks fan #1 THG Shannon not calling out Draisaitls hit for a suspension. Tool has to make sure Edmonton fans keep watching his stream.

He's not self hating. He's neutral. And he knows controversy means some viewers will get upset, and some will support his views. But views is his bread and butter.

So basically he's cutting his own throat. Steve Dangle couldn't believe how balanced his reviews are. He tries to stay out of the refereeing issues. He also said on his earlier videos (Like 5 years ago) he did get mad, and get upset. But it didn't bring him more fans. The other thing is clearly he's jaded, and to be honest, I partially can't blame him.

He is convinced the Canucks will never win a cup in his lifetime. That doesn't stop him from cheering for them. I'm just stupid, I have the silly notion that the Canucks CAN win a cup in my lifetime. I get to vent on here. Personally I didn't see the angle where Drai left his feet. But I clearly saw him elbow Barkov right in the jaw. That's why I was ticked it was a 2 minute minor. It should have been a major and a game.

You clearly don't like THG. Then don't watch him. I hate Sekeres and Price, because I see through the schtick. They post pod/youtube casts  with a certain slant. And it's all to get clicks. So I've solved the problem by blocking the videos and polls. In fact I told them they were basically doing clickbait, and I don't watch or listen to them because of it.

And I stated I wouldn't be surprised if their numbers started dropping. Then Price (I assume it was Price) replied "Well our numbers say otherwise.." Which was a pretty polite response. In the end if they are making a living, I'm happy for them. I just can't stand their takes.

I know the Oilers have lost both games by significant margins, but I don't think the final scores reflected how close the games were.

I think the Oilers are not playing up to their capabilities... they are missing a lot of passes which they would complete normally.

And missing a lot of shots they'd put in the back of the net.

Sure there is the "Bob's in your head" factor, but I don't that explains the Oiler scoring drought completely.  I think they are capable of better play.

First game in Deadmonton is the key.  Oilers need to solve Bobrovsky big time with a lot of goals.

I expect them to play better... question is, will that be enough?

I think they are missing a healthy Kane... if he was hitting Panthers D the way he hit Hughes, would be diifferent series.  Doesn't help that none of the rest of the Oilers are hitting...  (exception... Dirty Drai on Barkov)

Does anyone know if Barkov will be back or if there is a suspension considered for Draisaitl?

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The win was more important, but yea he deserves some payback. It was far worse than what Soucy did.

So nice to see them come back. I was a little sick seeing the Oilers score, and then missing most of the game. I wasn't too worried, given how hard the Cats came to play in comparison.

Just hope the streak continues!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I know the Oilers have lost both games by significant margins, but I don't think the final scores reflected how close the games were.

I think the Oilers are not playing up to their capabilities... they are missing a lot of passes which they would complete normally.

Sure there is the "Bob's in your head" factor, but I don't that explains the Oiler scoring drought completely.  I think they are capable of better play.

First game in Deadmonton is the key.  Oilers need to solve Bobrovsky big time with a lot of goals.

I think they are missing a healthy Kane... if he was hitting Panthers D the way he hit Hughes, would be diifferent series.  Doesn't help that none of the rest of the Oilers are hitting...  (exception... Dirty Drai on Barkov)

Does anyone know if Barkov will be back or if there is a suspension considered for Draisaitl?

Hitting? You mean slew-footing?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Losing 3-0 and 4-1 doesn't scream close to me.

If folks can praise Edmonton's play, they should be able to praise Florida's defensive play, and timely offence.

The first game, Florida didn't even play that well and still won 3-0.

This game they dominated for large stretches of the game and once it was 2-1, Edmonton seemed to run out of gas.

There's a difference between being dangerous, and not underestimating your opponent.

Edmonton really plays dirty. Far more so than I ever thought.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Losing 3-0 and 4-1 doesn't scream close to me.

If folks can praise Edmonton's play, they should be able to praise Florida's defensive play, and timely offence.

The first game, Florida didn't even play that well and still won 3-0.

This game they dominated for large stretches of the game and once it was 2-1, Edmonton seemed to run out of gas.

There's a difference between being dangerous, and not underestimating your opponent.

Edmonton really plays dirty. Far more so than I ever thought.

I don't dispute Edmonton can play dirty and does frequently.

I am not rating their chances on their moral superiority... rating it on what I think they can do on the ice legitimately.

3-0 game was close... this one was also closer than score suggested.

22 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Agreed Edmonton can be better, but not to take anything away from Florida. Unless they can storm back in Game 3, this might be over fast. Fingers crossed for a sweep.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

F the Coilers. With Demko we would have beat those losers. McWhiner is a selfish chest the game for points player. Loser team. Loser city. Loser fans. 

5 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I don't dispute Edmonton can play dirty and does frequently.

I am not rating their chances on their moral superiority... rating it on what I think they can do on the ice legitimately.

3-0 game was close... this one was also closer than score suggested.

As much as the 3-0 was close in terms of play, they were still 4 goals away from a win, which is a big hill to climb. Unfortunately, I expect Edmonton will have at least one high scoring game. They have too much talent not to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

F the Coilers. With Demko we would have beat those losers. McWhiner is a selfish chest the game for points player. Loser team. Loser city. Loser fans. 

If the Oilers do lose…maybe McBaby can buy one of Tikkanens rings🤣

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

As much as the 3-0 was close in terms of play, they were still 4 goals away from a win, which is a big hill to climb. Unfortunately, I expect Edmonton will have at least one high scoring game. They have too much talent not to.

They’re going to get swept and will have wasted their window with McDrai

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I agree on game one........this game wasnt close, imo 

This was not so different from game 2 in our series, with the Coil trying to assert themselves with dirty play.  The difference is that it didn't turn the tide and Sutherland wasn't there to win it for them.  We'll see if they calm down like they did later on in our series, but I doubt it.  Their dirty play is part of a panic reaction that includes outbursts in the corridor and entitled comments in post-game interviews.  Expect more of the same.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

This was not so different from game 2 in our series, with the Coil trying to assert themselves with dirty play.  The difference is that it didn't turn the tide and Sutherland wasn't there to win it for them.  We'll see if they calm down like they did later on in our series, but I doubt it.  Their dirty play is part of a panic reaction that includes outbursts in the corridor and entitled comments in post-game interviews.  Expect more of the same.

So much joy watching the Coilers lose and knowing their fans suffer. McWhiner will never touch the Cup. He will always be in the lesser group of great players with Dionne. Great offensive player but plays a losers game. 

• Cheers 1

Florida has shown they can be very affective at shutting down Oil offense,Oil got their work cut out for them, all pressure is on them and I think they fold.Knoblaughs riding his so called stars like rented mules will be their undoing