[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

Draisaitl has been invisible since Vancouver series. I called him hurt in game 5. He hasn’t scored since Game 4 vs. Dallas also. Points haven’t been there either and he hasn’t been good defensively, just makes dirty plays when he isn’t putting up points. 

Panthers in 5. McDavid is capable of winning games on his own and I think we will see his best game of the playoffs before they get blown out. Panthers have too much will to win after losing to Vegas last season. Let’s face it, this oilers D is way easier play against than Vegas last year.

Oilers got lucky when Demko was injured & BB couldn’t lace up. They also got lucky facing an injured Dallas core. 

I think with how fast LA and Canucks are coming up, this is McDavids only window. If they lose watch he Prongers out of town. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, BestCanuck said:

Draisaitl has been invisible since Vancouver series. I called him hurt in game 5. He hasn’t scored since Game 4 vs. Dallas also. Points haven’t been there either and he hasn’t been good defensively, just makes dirty plays when he isn’t putting up points. 

Panthers in 5. McDavid is capable of winning games on his own and I think we will see his best game of the playoffs before they get blown out. Panthers have too much will to win after losing to Vegas last season. Let’s face it, this oilers D is way easier play against than Vegas last year.

Oilers got lucky when Demko was injured & BB couldn’t lace up. They also got lucky facing an injured Dallas core. 

I think with how fast LA and Canucks are coming up, this is McDavids only window. If they lose watch he Prongers out of town. 

Maybe his fiancée will get jealous of what he's doing with Singh just like Pronger's wife did.

• Haha 2

Just watched the game!

Awesome!

Skinnnn-eeeeerrrr!!!!! Lol

Fuk ANOTHER BAG SHOT!?!?! 

After Hogz that guy should be suspended for 2 games. Fk those cheaters.

RODRIGUEZ!! VATO!! MAN ALWAYS LOVED THAT GIYS TENACITY.

GOOD ON HIM.

Hahahaha announcers so butt hurt lol.

Big Bob comes through again. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Maple Leafs, Blue Jays, and Oilers.

Why even cover other Canadian teams? They’re so unbelievably biased.

I hate those three teams, so it gets easier by the day to watch Sports on other platforms. They’re literally making my mind up for me.

Ladies and Gentleman, Sportsnet is imploding before our eyes. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I love watching the Oilers honing their skills at explaining why they suck when it matters the most. 

No questions about the cheap shot on Barkov.

Investigative journalism at its finest. Lol

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Everyone on Sportsnet saying the puck over glass was a missed call.

Ferraro on ESPN is the only one that knows the rule. It’s when the puck leaves your stick. His stick is clearly over the line.

Cant believe not a single person can consult a rule book.

That’s the beauty of tuning in to the ESPN feed. You don’t get a steady stream of bullshit. Just call the game, and know the rules. It’s a bridge too far for the SN “experts”

2 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I know the Oilers have lost both games by significant margins, but I don't think the final scores reflected how close the games were.

I think the Oilers are not playing up to their capabilities... they are missing a lot of passes which they would complete normally.

And missing a lot of shots they'd put in the back of the net.

Sure there is the "Bob's in your head" factor, but I don't that explains the Oiler scoring drought completely.  I think they are capable of better play.

First game in Deadmonton is the key.  Oilers need to solve Bobrovsky big time with a lot of goals.

I expect them to play better... question is, will that be enough?

I think they are missing a healthy Kane... if he was hitting Panthers D the way he hit Hughes, would be diifferent series.  Doesn't help that none of the rest of the Oilers are hitting...  (exception... Dirty Drai on Barkov)

Does anyone know if Barkov will be back or if there is a suspension considered for Draisaitl?

The league needs to look at this hit.   Barkov is their star player and Captain, that deserves at least one game, if not two, or longer if he's out of the series.   If Barkov is concussed or has a broken jaw, and can't play,  Draisatl needs to be suspended.    Otherwise it's open season on McDavid and himself.    It should be anyways.   Once the players see the hit and  LD's comments  (hard to believe he said it wasn't dirty when he literally went head hunting with his elbow, both feet off the ice to get the height needed to get there,  Draisatl would have been better off saying no comment, instead he flat out lied),  he's going to have a target on his back.    This was a Mark Messier moment i'm sure to Oilers faithful, bet they are cheering over on their site for the small victory taking out the guy who's shut McDavid and Draisatl down the first two games.    

If that was QHs, how would we feel as fans?   Not very good, and want some blood.    My desire to see a cup in Canada no matter what team, has been tested to the breaking point.   

If they don't suspend him, then,  fuck the Oilers completely.    And McWhiner's band of cheap shot artists.   Prior to playing them was concerned for the welfare of our team, turns out, so should Florida fans.   

My bet is the hit either concussed Barkov (the chin is one of the KO punches, most athletes know this), or his jaw is broken.    Could see Barkov come back with a cage helmet.   

Oilers.  Man your team is making it very hard to stick to my guns in wanting a cup back in Canada no matter what, and reciprocate that you'd cheer for us if we beat you in Game 7.   Like really hard.   

Florida, hope you tear them a knew one in Edmonton,  want to see some humility out of that locker room.   Make them earn it. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I'd be shocked if anything comes from it. Maybe a fine.

If they don't suspend him, at least a game, they lost a huge opportunity to regain fan trust and player trust in the system.     This sort of stuff used to be handled then and there on the ice with someone who's willing to take an instigator.    Look at Wendel Clark's reaction to McSorely's hit, which was clean (Gilmour was trolly tracking with his head down) at the time.   It's still a key moment in playoff lore.   PHI in the 70's, once after a cheapshot,  the closest guy literally punched the guy all the way across the ice, guiding him to the penalty box.    Games lost some of its soul.    This stuff happens, when it does a response needs to happen, either from the players or the league if not both.    If Bennet did this to McDavid, guarantee he'd be out for the series (suspended).    Naslund, no suspension and look how that ended up for Bertuzzi.    Sure hope they do the right thing.   At least one, if not two games.     Regardless if Barkov comes back or not. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Such a simple playoff recipe to beat any team and we nearly had it too;

1 - top defensive center

2 - 3 or 4 scoring lines

3 - great forecheck and evade their forecheck pressure

4 - great goalie

No need for a top elite forward or Norris calibre defenceman anymore when you play like this. I though Dallas would but for some reason they came out flat and lacked number 1.

We were close - Miller was great defensively but nothing like Barkov so far. Silovs was good but not Bob/Demko level. Our forecheck had been great during the season but dropped off when the pressure rose which is the deciding factor in the playoffs. 

I'd say we're pretty close. This Florida team would probably wipe us but I think we could have beaten Dallas and NYR so we're probably a top 4 or so team.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

1 - top defensive center

2 - 3 or 4 scoring lines

4 - great goalie

No need for a top elite forward or Norris calibre defenceman anymore when you play like this. I though Dallas would but for some reason they came out flat and lacked number 1.

We were close - Miller was great defensively but nothing like Barkov so far. Silovs was good but not Bob/Demko level. Our forecheck had been great during the season but dropped off when the pressure rose which is the deciding factor in the playoffs. 

I'd say we're pretty close. This Florida team would probably wipe us but I think we could have beaten Dallas and NYR so we're probably a top 4 or so team.

Not sure we'd of beat Dallas, we could have beat EDM for sure if Demko and Brock were healthy and playing.   

Depth.   You need that it's vital in the playoffs, no team gets to the final unscathed. 

Thankfully this was the first crack with our core now all in their primes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

1 - top defensive center

2 - 3 or 4 scoring lines

4 - great goalie

We will see who Allvin can retain from the UFA group. Last year was a special run and I doubt the Canucks can repeat those early winning streaks. That said they are more experienced and have some nice pieces. Miller was the backbone of the forward group. Can Petey return to form and what of Lindholm and Joshua? A lot of the success last year came from the 3rd line which in essence was the 2nd line for much of the year. 

• Cheers 3

59 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

We will see who Allvin can retain from the UFA group. Last year was a special run and I doubt the Canucks can repeat those early winning streaks. That said they are more experienced and have some nice pieces. Miller was the backbone of the forward group. Can Petey return to form and what of Lindholm and Joshua? A lot of the success last year came from the 3rd line which in essence was the 2nd line for much of the year. 

Petey was phenomenal until his knee issues. He will be phenomenal. We will be 105 or more points again. The key in the playoffs is to have Demko healthy. Tocchet didn’t have confidence in deSmith so Demko had to play too many in a row. Tocchet has confidence in Silovs. Demko will be rested and healthy for the run to the Cup in 2025. 
And …. F the Coilers and their city and fans!!! 😀

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Not sure we'd of beat Dallas, we could have beat EDM for sure if Demko and Brock were healthy and playing.   

Depth.   You need that it's vital in the playoffs, no team gets to the final unscathed. 

Thankfully this was the first crack with our core now all in their primes. 

We beat Dallas easily. High end talent is key in the playoffs along with depth. Dallas has no elite players. Heiskanen is very overrated. He needs a babysitter. 

Just now, Alflives said:

We beat Dallas easily. High end talent is key in the playoffs along with depth. Dallas has no elite players. Heiskanen is very overrated. He needs a babysitter. 

Ok.   Maybe.   Didn't beat EDM so who knows.    Had Dallas beating CAR/FLD in the final so what do I know.    Do know we lost.     Dallas is loaded with good young players and a good mix of vets with game still.    Felt we could beat them too.   Not without Brock and Demko though. 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Next season is truly up in the air until the dust settles and have a clearer idea of who comes back, and who we don't sign.    It's also the last good cap window we have until a few years later.  If Miller can't keep it up...then we are in trouble.    He is the backbone. 

12 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Ok.   Maybe.   Didn't beat EDM so who knows.    Had Dallas beating CAR/FLD in the final so what do I know.    Do know we lost.     Dallas is loaded with good young players and a good mix of vets with game still.    Felt we could beat them too.   Not without Brock and Demko though. 

F Dallas. Loser team in loser city with loser fans and overrated players. 
hate feels good. 

10 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Next season is truly up in the air until the dust settles and have a clearer idea of who comes back, and who we don't sign.    It's also the last good cap window we have until a few years later.  If Miller can't keep it up...then we are in trouble.    He is the backbone. 

Demko is the backbone.

• Like 1