[SCF] Florida Panthers (A1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Panthers in 7
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Because they had already decided it was the Oilers year.

I never understand hyping a team because of one player. It makes no sense to me. 

Yes McDavid is the most skilled player in the world so what? Does that mean he’s owed something?

If you’re watching this series and you still think Edmonton is in the same class as Florida I don’t know what to say. The Panthers are playing like champs. The Oilers are playing to get their next powerplay. 

McDavid is this era’s Dionne. Puts up grotesque amounts of points and fun as hell attacking with puck on stick. But is never going to be a Cup winner. 

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is why I want people to take note. Next time a Canadian team is in the finals let’s see if they do the same hype machine they’re doing here. Sadly I already know the answer.

All they care about is squeezing every dollar out of McDavid. The fanboying and fangirling has been obnoxious.

Absolutely. I wondered at times, is it me? Nice to get reassure from a stable poster on the embarrassing suck up job we are all witnessing 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

McDavid is this era’s Dionne. Puts up grotesque amounts of points and fun as hell attacking with puck on stick. But is never going to be a Cup winner. 

Some players aren't built for the playoffs, some step up and shine, cleary he isn't/didn't.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Man @stawns I hope edmonton paid you well to shill for them I thought this was the best team since the Oil dynasty. What happened? 

Interesting how some posters don’t show in the PGT when the Coilers lose isn’t it? 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Absolutely. I wondered at times, is it me? Nice to get reassure from a stable poster on the embarrassing suck up job we are all witnessing 

When I hear people say they wanna see McDavid win the cup, or it would be wrong if he didn’t, Im like what?

You gotta earn a Stanley Cup you don’t just get it because you’re the best player in the world. That’s not how sports work. Lots of great players in all sports never win championships.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Rekker said:

Some pains never go away. Yip, agreed. 

My daughter was born a month before those finals, she really became a hard core Canucks fan this year and we've had so much fun for our run. Now we're in Edmonton having fun, wish it was more, enjoying the SCF.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I was confident in 1994 and 2011, didn't work out too well. It aint over til it's over and I'd bet everything I have more than 1/2  of all Canucks fans would still be worried.

I am not sure what you are saying or how it relates. I believe you are cheering for the Oilers and if so you made a big mistake because they are dirty, gutless and have no character. This has been proven and shown and how you do not see that they do not even deserve to be in the Final is beyond me.

Enjoy the rest of your trip in Edmonton 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

When hear people say they wanna see McDavid win the puck, or it would be wrong if he didn’t?

Im like what? You’ve gotta earn a Stanley Cup you don’t just get it because you’re the best player in the world. That’s not how sports work. Lots of great players in all sports never win championships.

It's the pom poms and cheerleadering that gets me. Constant and very seldom do you see it for the Canucks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

When hear people say they wanna see McDavid win the puck, or it would be wrong if he didn’t?

Im like what? You’ve gotta earn a Stanley Cup you don’t just get it because you’re the best player in the world. That’s not how sports work. Lots of great players in all sports never win championships.

I want McDavid to win a cup, but he’s gotta go get it. It doesn’t come to you. 

Just now, Rekker said:

It's the pom poms and cheerleadering that gets me. Constant and very seldom do you see it for the Canucks. 

These people don’t seem to understand it’s not the flashiest players that win it’s the hard nosed workers that win.

McDavid can be the regular season champ. The playoffs are a whole different beast.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1