[Specualtion] Canucks Rumors: Latest on Teddy Blueger's Future in Vancouver

3 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Not something I would worry about. There seems to be a notable amount of people here who don't appreciate what Blueger brought to the table this season in Vancouver. It is very important to get him extended here. You can find a multi year deal around $ 2 million per. He can play third line, 4th line and PK. He is quite valuable to the team. I also like his maybe underrated edge or physicality. 

Have been satisfied with Aman's progress. He started to figure things out more as the season went on. I think he will be an option for the club moving forward. One of those cheaper younger players the team will utilize to fill out the roster.

Until we see a signing I am just assuming Lindholm is a 50/50 on extending ( Captain obvious I know ) in Vancouver but if he wants an opportunity to be a top centre in another market that will present itself with a higher AAV but less term I would suspect than Vancouver can offer. Lindholm and Blueger are separate here, one does not require the other to walk.

I'd really like to see the guy we've supposedly been grooming into this Blueger/Lindholm role - Raty. We acquired him, threw him to the AHL and forgot about him. He's supposed to be the perfect big body physical strong defensive 3C we need. He had a good year last year but when do we bring him up? I'd like to see him have some 4th line games next year and try and then transition him from wing to center over the course of the year.

If we can get Blueger for 2M and Joshua for 3ish then I'd happily keep them. That trio for 10M does more damage than most 10M players.

• Cheers 1

Agree with the sentiments about Joshua leaving. We can find a replacement and we do need to make room for cheaper in-house guys at some point.

Keeping Blueger, we need his versatility, and it's affordable.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

Joshua has likely priced himself out of Vancouver, so the next best thing is to bring back Blueger to play with Garland on the 3rd line.  I'd put Podkolzin on that line and groom him into a long term Dakota Joshua.

Yep.  Something will have to give.   

Just now, IBatch said:

Yep.  Something will have to give.   

Unfortunately... but that's the territory of a good team.  The key is identifying our core, and rotating support players through until the stars align for us.  I feel our best opportunity will be when Willander and Lekkerimaki make their way here.  Guys like Petey, Hughes, etc will be in their prime, and these young ELCs will provide strong secondary support and energy with their skill.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Agree with the sentiments about Joshua leaving. We can find a replacement and we do need to make room for cheaper in-house guys at some point.

Keeping Blueger, we need his versatility, and it's affordable.

Anthony Duclair 

massive upgrade 

will be similar contract AAV and term 

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd really like to see the guy we've supposedly been grooming into this Blueger/Lindholm role - Raty. We acquired him, threw him to the AHL and forgot about him. He's supposed to be the perfect big body physical strong defensive 3C we need. He had a good year last year but when do we bring him up? I'd like to see him have some 4th line games next year and try and then transition him from wing to center over the course of the year.

If we can get Blueger for 2M and Joshua for 3ish then I'd happily keep them. That trio for 10M does more damage than most 10M players.

I agree.... i liked Raty at the draft and have had high hopes for him at 3C after we acquired him. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Unfortunately... but that's the territory of a good team.  The key is identifying our core, and rotating support players through until the stars align for us.  I feel our best opportunity will be when Willander and Lekkerimaki make their way here.  Guys like Petey, Hughes, etc will be in their prime, and these young ELCs will provide strong secondary support and energy with their skill.

Don't have to convince me of this.   Going back to Brock.    It's a tricky business.      It's going to take a mix of vets and young players for us to win a cup.     Best part is the core is just getting started.    And yes we will also need very good secondary players.  

The best part is, Tochett gets the game.  As do his pals Berube and yes Green.     At least Tochett called them out, what's next is up to Allvin, the coach can only work with what he's got.   It's still amazing to me, that there were higher expectations amongst the fanbase with Green and WD.     Not at all a JB apologist, he should have done what Linden said and ripped it up.    What happens next is absolutely going to depend on what Allvin does though.   His draft picks, I highly doubt we see any of them next season though.   And not sure we shouldn't be going for it next season either.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jayinblack said:

I agree.... i liked Raty at the draft and have had high hopes for him at 3C after we acquired him. 

With a good off season working on his skating he could surprise out of camp

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Against weaker players (bottom six and bottom pairing D) yes. That’s a good third line. 

On 6/3/2024 at 1:27 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

I was thinking the same. I like Blueger but would it be smart to let him go and bring Raty up hoping he'll be a younger, cost effective version of him? 

• Upvote 1

On 6/3/2024 at 2:05 PM, canucks curse said:

Anthony Duclair 

massive upgrade 

will be similar contract AAV and term 

I completely agree with pursuing Duclair, but I don't think he's a DJ replacement. Entirely different play styles. I'm not convinced he would be a fit with Garland. I'd try him with Petey, it even Miller and Boes.

8 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I completely agree with pursuing Duclair, but I don't think he's a DJ replacement. Entirely different play styles. I'm not convinced he would be a fit with Garland. I'd try him with Petey, it even Miller and Boes.

I can see Duclair singing with CGY to partner up with Huberdeau again and try to rekindle that chemistry. Low risk option for Conroy and Hubey needs a pick me up 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

I can see Duclair singing with CGY to partner up with Huberdeau again and try to rekindle that chemistry. Low risk option for Conroy and Hubey needs a pick me up 

That all seems pretty logical

• Cheers 1