[Speculation] Hurricanes Rumors: Jake Guentzel Likely to Hit Market, Rights available for mid round pick  

4 hours ago, Billabong said:

Be honest, did your heart skip a beat? 

only at the horrific photoshop work. 

1 hour ago, Jim McMahon said:

Twitter says a realtor was showing Guentzel and his wife homes in Vancouver 

I heard Marion Gaborik’s reduced the price on his.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Rekker said:

They could buy the home Gaborik was looking at awhile back?

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I heard Marion Gaborik’s reduced the price on his.

I didn’t even see your post but great(ly messed up) minds think alike!

• Haha 2

If we're going to spend 8 to 9 million on Guentzel, why not just give Lindholm that money instead?

Both players are the same age but I'd say Lindholm is more valuable to us given that he's a right handed centreman. Guentzel's another winger.

11 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

If we're going to spend 8 to 9 million on Guentzel, why not just give Lindholm that money instead?

Both players are the same age but I'd say Lindholm is more valuable to us given that he's a right handed centreman. Guentzel's another winger.

I think Lindholm wants to be 1st or 2nd C, not a winger for Petey nor a 3C.

We had a very productive 3rd Line with Blueger. So paying Lindholm 7mil for that spot is a luxury we can't afford.

I do agree player vs player Lindholm brings more, but the question is which type of player suits our needs the best....

53 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I think Lindholm wants to be 1st or 2nd C, not a winger for Petey nor a 3C.

We had a very productive 3rd Line with Blueger. So paying Lindholm 7mil for that spot is a luxury we can't afford.

I do agree player vs player Lindholm brings more, but the question is which type of player suits our needs the best....

Debatable whether Lindholm brings more.

Guenztel has had four 30+ goal seasons and showed last season in a small sample it’s not just because of Crosby.

That 40 goal season for Lindholm on the other hand is looking like an anomaly. He might bring good two way play and faceoff ability, but he may also only be a 60 point player.

Guenztel is by far the better goal scorer.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Guenztel has had four 30+ goal seasons and showed last season in a small sample it’s not just because of Crosby.

That 40 goal season for Lindholm on the other hand is looking like an anomaly. He might bring good two way play and faceoff ability, but he may also only be a 60 point player.

When I said "more" I didn't mean goals 🙂 He brings more options to be used in different types of situations. For sure JG is a better goal scorer. But EL is better at (in my opinion) all other aspects of the game. Our main priority is a top scoring winger for Petey. So JG it is I guess

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yup. We already have Petey and Miller at centre. We need another top six winger more than a third line centre. It’s why we moved off Horfat Wallet. He was a three C with us. Not a good fit. 

1 minute ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yeah, I don't think it's real

I wonder if Geuntzel is friends with Miller? Miller trained in summers with a lot of Penguin players. Miller could be telling JG how fabulous it is to live here? Maybe the wives are friends? Kids? No better city than where we are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if Geuntzel is friends with Miller? Miller trained in summers with a lot of Penguin players. Miller could be telling JG how fabulous it is to live here? Maybe the wives are friends? Kids? No better city than where we are. 

I know that Brock is trying to convince his agent because they both have the same agent. I agree that Vancouver is beautiful. I miss it

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, J-23 said:

Guentzel - Pettersson - Garland

We probably won’t be able to sign another top 6 winger if we get Guentzel and bring back Zadorov. So I would just run this line.

Garland will get the puck.

Pettersson will pass the puck.

Guentzel will score the puck.

Garland needs the puck to be successful. So does Petey. This is why Garland can't stick in our top 6.

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Garland needs the puck to be successful. So does Petey. This is why Garland can't stick in our top 6.

I like Garland on the 3rd line where he's high quality, vs being a fringe top 6. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I like Garland on the 3rd line where he's high quality, vs being a fringe top 6. 

Yup, and he's earning his salary there as is.  45 to 50 points is what we need from him as he's being paid $4.95M... he's right in that ballpark and he's driving a 3rd line that is very effective for us.

• ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I agree