[Speculation] Hurricanes Rumors: Jake Guentzel Likely to Hit Market, Rights available for mid round pick  

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Garland needs the puck to be successful. So does Petey. This is why Garland can't stick in our top 6.

I dunno, maybe Petey is better being the trigger man........get him back to doing what he does best.  I think a line of hogz, Petey and garland has the potential to be very good.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I agree

9 mil for Lindy... man that just doesn't feel like it would be anywhere close to worth it very soon. 

I like it more for JG because I think what he brings is more sustainable over the long term than how Lindy has to play to be successful. 

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

9 mil for Lindy... man that just doesn't feel like it would be anywhere close to worth it very soon. 

I like it more for JG because I think what he brings is more sustainable over the long term than how Lindy has to play to be successful. 

Lindholm isn't getting $9m.  I assumed he meant if they're paying JG $9m, to give Lindholm his ask (or close to it) and save the rest to put in other spots.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Lol ,  is it any wonder why our local journalists do not get insider information!

If this true I’d fire my realtor if i was jake lol

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Lol ,  is it any wonder why our local journalists do not get insider information!

Photos or it didn't happen

Edited by Nucker67

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I like Garland on the 3rd line where he's high quality, vs being a fringe top 6. 

Yup, he's a GREAT 3rd liner (middle 6 guy really, just doesn't"fit" in our top 6). He is a bit pricy for a 3rd liner though. We can probably afford him but then the rest of that line probably can't be making much over $2m each (hence the dilemma with Joshua and extending/replacing Blueger).

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Have you not been reading the thread?

When I can, there is 20 threads I try to follow the best I can this one was burried down the forum a ways, can’t keep up with the refresh button crowd just had a buddy send me this sorry to bother yah man 

18 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

When I can, there is 20 threads I try to follow the best I can this one was burried down the forum a ways, can’t keep up with the refresh button crowd just had a buddy send me this sorry to bother yah man 

Doesn't bother me. It was tongue-in-cheek 😉

11 hours ago, stawns said:

Lindholm isn't getting $9m.  I assumed he meant if they're paying JG $9m, to give Lindholm his ask (or close to it) and save the rest to put in other spots.

I don't see Lindholm getting a number out of Vancouver's reach. He will simply just go East for a fair dollar. 

On 6/19/2024 at 5:20 PM, R3aL said:

Garland is a play driver but it doesn't mean he is the right fit for Miller or Pettersson. Guentzel is an elite top line NHL forward. You could say his skill set is more complimentary, sure. But that is what a Miller or Petey needs and vice versa. Miller-Boeser is a great duo they compliment each other well and Miller drives play. Petey and Guentzel would be similar and should be an even more high end duo. Guentzel is an elite enough player too that when Petey has an off night or struggles he can help Petey. Whereas this year Petey had Lafferty, Mikehyev and Hoglander. 

Comparing Boeser and Guentzel defensive game is kind of hard. But Guentzel has been strong enough defensively on two teams top lines and is very good at puck retrievals and board battles. I would say hes been more consistent year to year defensively than Boeser has been over their careers thus far.

A better skating Boeser is quite a comp.I would take that player for Petey any day of the week. 40 goal guy that can win board battles, perform in the playoffs, compliment a top line C, thrive in a matchup role and a great person / locker room guy and a solid skater. Sign me up.

-

The money is tough. This is hard for sure. But the reality of the league is we are going to start seeing big contract bumps with the cap finally starting to rise and projected to rise year over year for the foreseeable future as it was frozen for so long. 

We also have the opportunity to bring in a perfect puzzle piece for our forward group. He not only gives Petey a legit running mate but it brings balance to our top 6 and completes our PP.JG and Boeser as bumper and net front, JT to JG is going to be deadly and a healthy and confident Petey will certainly make a difference as well.

I would expect a top tier PP next year with the addition of JG.

Management also knows the player better than anyone. They know his work ethic, they know how he takes care of himself and would have a better reaction on how they think he will age.

It is safe to say he will be a very effective top line winger for the next 4 years though. Age 30-34. After that sure things could get dicey. But the players who do play well into their mid 30s are guys like guentzel imo. High IQ elite guys who take care of themselves and have champion habits. JG saw how Crosby did it too, I am sure would give him confidence that he can be a high end player at 35-36 too with the proper preparation and mindset.

Also - With Millers age, Hughes Demko Contract the next 2-3 years really is peak window for us. There aren't too many ways to add a player like JG in our forward mix. And a difference of 1-1.5M dollars shouldn't make the difference here imo.

I am 100% into signing him no hesitations. But I agree ofc I would love it being closer to 8 but I also would have loved Petey to be closer to 10, Hronek closer to 6 etc. 

-

Teurvo is still going to come at big ticket price and term probably $6M+ on Term. He is not a guy that practices hard from reports from Carolina media, which concerns me. And makes me think he's not a guy our management would target nor RT would want most either. He is also the same age as JG so the age argument is the same.

It is very unrealistic to think he would sign for half the term and money of JG imo. $4-5M at 4 years? Why would he do that? There is a lot of money available to spend this free agency unlike the last couple years and the caps projected to rise.  But if he does and I am wrong and thats the contract range he signs then yes I would certainly entertain the idea of doing: Teravainen-Petey-Toffoli or bringing in a Roy / Stephenson with him.

But I dont think he will be paid that little and would prefer JG as I think that is a home run hit.

-

Im open minded though and trust our management group.

I wonder if we can afford Stephenson and Roy if management brings in Guentzel? 

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don't see Lindholm getting a number out of Vancouver's reach. He will simply just go East for a fair dollar. 

I've come to terms with Lindholm leaving the Canucks. 

16 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Guentzel checking out the city. It's looking promising that he's seriously considering signing here. 

Unless there's a pic of him having sushi with boeser, it's fake news.

• Sad 1