[Speculation] Hurricanes Rumors: Jake Guentzel Likely to Hit Market, Rights available for mid round pick  

42 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Pete shouldn't require a high-priced linemate like Guentz and they need a placeholder

on his RW for Lekky.

I would go for UFA Duclair (LW) 4mx3  Duclair adds toughness and has an offensive upside.

P.Kane (RW) 4mx1  I know y'all hate 'em, but he was almost a pt per game for Detroit. 

Duclair  EP  Kane

duclair could be an upgrade on Joshua on the 3rd line 

3.5 x 4 yrs hes 28

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

3.5 x 4 yrs hes 28

He's much better than Joshua.  He scored 31gs for the Panthers and was almost a point

a game when the Sharks traded him to Tampa at TDL.  Put him with some players that

can play offence and he'll do the job, while protecting Petey.

10 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

3.5 x 4 yrs hes 28

Interesting idea. I suspect there will be quite a few buyouts this summer and we'll be able to sign someone at a substantial discount to their current cap hit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

He's much better than Joshua.  He scored 31gs for the Panthers and was almost a point

a game when the Sharks traded him to Tampa at TDL.  Put him with some players that

can play offence and he'll do the job, while protecting Petey.

I think Canucks should go after 2 of these middle 6 sort of guys rather than spend the cash and go all out for one of the top forwards. 

Two 45-55 point guys. 

milky out + 4.75

cap space then = 28.6

JG 8.75 x 7 yrs

Duclair 3.25 x 4 yrs

Bluegger 1.33 x 4 yrs

Tanev 4.5 x 3 yrs

Zads 4.5 x 6 yrs

Silovs 1.25

Myers 2.75 x 3 yrs

= 26.33

= 2.27 in cap space 

To NYR

Podkolzin (-1.00)

To VAN

Kappo Kakko - rfr sign at 2.5

per 650 this am, they had the rangers insider who said they would be happy to get a young NHL player on a cheap contract or kakko

CAP space = 1.27

JG Petey Hogz

Kappo Miller Brock

Duclair Blueger Garland

Suter Aman PDG

Hughes Tanny

Zads Myers

Soucy Juulsen/ 1.27 in cap 

Demko

Silovs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think Canucks should go after 2 of these middle 6 sort of guys rather than spend the cash and go all out for one of the top forwards. 

Two 45-55 point guys. 

duclair ande Stephenson and retain Joshua, 

that becomes a big lineup that is super hard to play against 

Guentzel I think would thrive in the bumper spot on PP1 get fed one T’s from miller 

8.5m/7 years 

he leaves money on the table but he’ll have a chance to win with people he is familiar with so I think it’s possible 

13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Two 45-55 point guys. 

For sure.  I would like to see a couple of guys that add some size and toughness, along with

add some offence.

1 minute ago, canucks curse said:

duclair ande Stephenson and retain Joshua, 

that becomes a big lineup that is super hard to play against 

Don't think we can afford those 3. I think we need some creativity in our top 6 as well on top of some guys that will grind out.

I wouldn't mind looking at a guy like Teräväinen. What he lacks in physical play he makes up for with defensive play. He's a good possession player. Can score or set up. Can skate. Has plenty of playoff experience. Tocchet would appreciate his two-way play. 

I think management has wanted Guentzel all along, and he'd be one of the best possible long term winger options for Petey out there. Can't discount his playoff experience either, so I wouldn't be completely surprised to see him get $7.5-$8m x 7. 

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't think management skimps out of top 6 help given had our top 6 been rolling we'd beaten the Oilers and probably swept the Preds.

We gotta a lot of prospects on the cusp for bottom 6 spots, that's probably where they make savings in order to find more scoring. 

JG is pretty pricey. He's one of the top forward on the market and will get paid. Lots of middle 6 guys in this free agent pool. 

Could see either a top forward or a couple 40-50 point forwards come in. I think they spend cap on forwards just not sure how.

For sure, though I doubt they'll go for two 40-50 point forwards but focus instead on a top winger for Petey. These playoffs haven't been kind to teams with good but not great scoring depth.   Podkolzin, Raty, Bains and Sasson all look credible for bottom 6 spots so I expect we go cheap there and take a big swing higher up the roster.  Sadly, that probably means saying goodbye to Dak and Blueger and a less effective 3rd line in the short run, but its a reasonable price to pay for Guentzel or (dare to dream) Reinhart.

Great player and quite likely a fit with EP. Given his age and grit factor though, I'm not convinced he's going to get what he thinks from a contender. This most likely comes down to a multitude of offers and Guentzel weighing where to play, money and fit. I can see an offer from the Canucks management but I highly doubt it will be the highest offer. 

650 had NYR insider on saying cap crunch might push out Kappo Kakko and they would love a 2nd round pick or a young cheap nhl player with upside.... hello podkolzin

To NYR

Podkolzin

To VAN

Kakko - sign to 2.5/ yr 

put on LW with Miller and Brock and leave him there in the regular season.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

For sure, though I doubt they'll go for two 40-50 point forwards but focus instead on a top winger for Petey. These playoffs haven't been kind to teams with good but not great scoring depth.   Podkolzin, Raty, Bains and Sasson all look credible for bottom 6 spots so I expect we go cheap there and take a big swing higher up the roster.  Sadly, that probably means saying goodbye to Dak and Blueger and a less effective 3rd line in the short run, but its a reasonable price to pay for Guentzel or (dare to dream) Reinhart.

I could see them trying for a top forward first but they could easily get priced out. There's isn't a lot of top end guys out there and I don't see us going balls to the wall for one. We still have other holes on the team and we have some dominos that have to fall(like Hronek).

Getting two 45-55 point type guys isn't a bad alternative. This FA has a lot of those types and you could get a couple and some cap to spare with what some of the top FA forwards might get. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I could see them trying for a top forward first but they could get priced out. I don't see us going balls to the wall for one. We still have other holes on the team and we have some dominos that have to fall(like Hronek).

Getting two 45-55 point type guys isn't a bad alternative. This FA has a lot of those types and you could get a couple and some cap to spare with what some of the top FA forwards might get. 

They definitely could get priced out of the winger market's top end and will keep an eye on bang for their buck.  But I do think they recognize that Petey needs a better running mate.  Like others have suggested Duclair could be a decent option further down the market, but I doubt they go much further than that into the bargain bin.  At some point moving Hronek for a good winger (Ehlers?) becomes an option.  This year, and very unusually, RD are easier to find in free agency than good wingers. 

2 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

They definitely could get priced out of the winger market's top end and will keep an eye on bang for their buck.  But I do think they recognize that Petey needs a better running mate.  Like others have suggested Duclair could be a decent option further down the market, but I doubt they go much further than that into the bargain bin.  At some point moving Hronek for a good winger (Ehlers?) becomes an option.  This year, and very unusually, RD are easier to find in free agency than good wingers. 

They do but they recognize they can't go crazy with the cap. Hence why Hronek's negotiations have stalled. They will do their part and try to sell the top forwards on Vancouver I am sure. 

I have mentioned Teräväinen being a potential target. Would seem like a decent fit with Tocchet. Despite being an offensively creative guy he does play a good two-way game and was relied a bunch on the Canes PK. Good possession player as well.

There are a lot of 45-55 point forwards on the market, just not a lot of top end forwards. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, canucks curse said:

You know JR will give him like 9 mill x 7 lol

hes a JR boy through and through 

cap space = 23.7 + milky dump best case scenario 28.6

JG 9

bluegger 1.33

myets 2.75x term 

tanev 4.75 x 3

zads 4.5x 6

joshya 3.25x 5

silovs 1.25 

I think JG can be had for around 8.5, I think JR and Allvin will tip the scales with relationship. We were close this year, I think he'll see that.

Blueger, I think, we let walk

Myers, I'd love to have about 2.75, I think he's going to go to about 3 million.

Tanev is probably pretty close if we give him 3 years term

Zadorov, I will be shocked if he signs for less than 5 million. If he's available on July 1st, someone will give him 6 million per with term.

Joshua, I think you're pretty close if we go to 5 years

Silovs has no leverage, he'll sign for about 1 million per on a 2 year bridge to see if he can dethrone Demko as our starter, which is possible.

Going to be a fun summer. I think you're on the right track with your estimates, I think there will be some surprising trades / changes as management try and push us over the top. I think they view next season as our first real one to go all in for the cup.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think JG can be had for around 8.5, I think JR and Allvin will tip the scales with relationship. We were close this year, I think he'll see that.

Blueger, I think, we let walk

Myers, I'd love to have about 2.75, I think he's going to go to about 3 million.

Tanev is probably pretty close if we give him 3 years term

Zadorov, I will be shocked if he signs for less than 5 million. If he's available on July 1st, someone will give him 6 million per with term.

Joshua, I think you're pretty close if we go to 5 years

Silovs has no leverage, he'll sign for about 1 million per on a 2 year bridge to see if he can dethrone Demko as our starter, which is possible.

Going to be a fun summer. I think you're on the right track with your estimates, I think there will be some surprising trades / changes as management try and push us over the top. I think they view next season as our first real one to go all in for the cup.

8.5 less tax penalty?

Nah, you’re looking at 9.5-10 just to compare with some US based teams. 
hope you’re right but I think that’s dreaming a bit 

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

8.5 less tax penalty?

Nah, you’re looking at 9.5-10 just to compare with some US based teams. 
hope you’re right but I think that’s dreaming a bit 

Aware of that, I'm hoping relationship will tip the scale, bit I know that's a long shot.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Grandmaster said:

JR will definitely try to land this guy. No doubt about that. 

Tofu would be plan B.

Keeping Lindholm is plan C

For me Lindholm is plan E and Tofu is definitely plan Z, and I don't mean Zadorov. 😆

I heard both Tofolli and Guentzel want to be in the States.