[Speculation] Hurricanes Rumors: Jake Guentzel Likely to Hit Market, Rights available for mid round pick  

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

For me Lindholm is plan E and Tofu is definitely plan Z, and I don't mean Zadorov. 😆

I heard both Tofolli and Guentzel want to be in the States.

There were tweets at TDL saying JG hopes he gets traded to VAN so whatever…

also JR and PA know him well so I imagine they would know if Canada was a no go 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canucks curse said:

Yup. Not too sure how much total money JG wants but he’s a fantastic winger and would be a great fit with Petey. 7.5 x 7 ?

5 hours ago, canucks curse said:

milky out + 4.75

cap space then = 28.6

JG 8.75 x 7 yrs

Duclair 3.25 x 4 yrs

Bluegger 1.33 x 4 yrs

Tanev 4.5 x 3 yrs

Zads 4.5 x 6 yrs

Silovs 1.25

Myers 2.75 x 3 yrs

= 26.33

= 2.27 in cap space 

To NYR

Podkolzin (-1.00)

To VAN

Kappo Kakko - rfr sign at 2.5

per 650 this am, they had the rangers insider who said they would be happy to get a young NHL player on a cheap contract or kakko

CAP space = 1.27

JG Petey Hogz

Kappo Miller Brock

Duclair Blueger Garland

Suter Aman PDG

Hughes Tanny

Zads Myers

Soucy Juulsen/ 1.27 in cap 

Demko

Silovs

🫤 not sure about trading Podz for Kakko.

7 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Oh, who said that? I tried looking but couldn't find anything reputable. Couldn't find anything on what I mentioned either. Came from a couple posters who are usually pretty solid but I can't remember who said it.

I could have definitely seen it for a playoff run but who knows if we wants to be in Canada for 7 years.

Got a feeling Guentzel lands in VAN, to play on Petey's wing. Guessing he'll be offered more by other teams, but decides to play for the Canucks (JR, Allvin, Tocchet)

Also, BUF has a lot of LDs playing RD, and only Clifton and Jokiharju as right-shot Ds. Just for fun:  Hronek for Tuch

Guentzel - Pettersson - Tuch

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

I doubt BUF would do this trade, but it would be great to get Tuch in a Canucks uniform

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Oh, who said that? I tried looking but couldn't find anything reputable. Couldn't find anything on what I mentioned either. Came from a couple posters who are usually pretty solid but I can't remember who said it.

I could have definitely seen it for a playoff run but who knows if we wants to be in Canada for 7 years.

Maybe JG wants to play in a hockey market, especially after experiencing the dead market of Carolina? Coming here he gets to play for a rabid market and with elite players on a team on the rise. Plus it’s Vancouver. Best city out there. 

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Got a feeling Guentzel lands in VAN, to play on Petey's wing. Guessing he'll be offered more by other teams, but decides to play for the Canucks (JR, Allvin, Tocchet)

Also, BUF has a lot of LDs playing RD, and only Clifton and Jokiharju as right-shot Ds. Just for fun:  Hronek for Tuch

Guentzel - Pettersson - Tuch

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

I doubt BUF would do this trade, but it would be great to get Tuch in a Canucks uniform

Luke Tuch is the best we could get by the way of getting a player named Tuch 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Maybe JG wants to play in a hockey market, especially after experiencing the dead market of Carolina? Coming here he gets to play for a rabid market and with elite players on a team on the rise. Plus it’s Vancouver. Best city out there. 

Maybe. I've hear the Carolina's are great and he loves it there. You never know what these guys value though. Maybe JR and PA can paint a pretty picture and convinces him Van is the place to be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Maybe. I've hear the Carolina's are great and he loves it there. You never know what these guys value though. Maybe JR and PA can paint a pretty picture and convinces him Van is the place to be.

Sure. It’s beautiful in the Carolinas. But the people don’t know anything about hockey. They are a low revenue team. And they are on the down cycle. 

It is an exciting time and many a GM gets caught up in this time of year every year. One thing is certain and that is inflated prices. We have seen this in Vancouver with the signings of Eriksson, Myers, Mikheyev to a degree in the past. You pay a premium for players and so very few do work out or earn their caphit so to speak.

I can't see Guentzel being a realistic option for the Canucks. I think there will be a valiant effort to retain a good portion of the Canucks pending Free Agents and at logical pricing. Myers if true for signing at 3m per is a god send for this club.

The numbers likely won't add up for Joshua to remain in Vancouver unless he feels he can justify earning under $ 3 million per season as a third line winger. Which is extremely fair. Lindholm could come back, he will get high offers from some clubs to be their go-to centre to play with some amazing talent to be sure, but there is an outside chance he extends in Vancouver. The dollars just don't seem to be there though.

Blueger ( 2m per range ), Myers ( 3m per range ), Zadorov ( 5m per range ) seem to be three players i'd bet are coming back.

People think it must be the time to add that elite winger. I just don't see it in the cards. The team needs a couple players on $ 1 million and under contracts to push for roster spots and the team needs more speed, size, and scoring punch. I have heard a mixed review when I bring it up but you need to look at guys like Daniel Sprong ( could be had under $ 4 million per ) who is fast, has good size, plays with an edge and has elite offensive skills. His production per time on ice is quite high. Teravainen could be an option and would be a slick winger to have for Pettersson's line as well. He could come in under the Guentzel asks and be closer to $ 6m per. Toffolli is a good choice as well. A few good options out there that you don't need to get silly about.

The Canucks probably shockingly to the doom 7 gloomers are one of the better cap positioned teams out there for Free Agency, having in the top 10 in cap space and roster size under contract already. Be patient and add some good pieces at fair prices. I think this management group will make a few moves that maybe come out of left field or don't follow the glory of bidding for the top talent out there.

Exciting times to have confidence in the club's management not to go crazy.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

It is an exciting time and many a GM gets caught up in this time of year every year. One thing is certain and that is inflated prices. We have seen this in Vancouver with the signings of Eriksson, Myers, Mikheyev to a degree in the past. You pay a premium for players and so very few do work out or earn their caphit so to speak.

I can't see Guentzel being a realistic option for the Canucks. I think there will be a valiant effort to retain a good portion of the Canucks pending Free Agents and at logical pricing. Myers if true for signing at 3m per is a god send for this club.

The numbers likely won't add up for Joshua to remain in Vancouver unless he feels he can justify earning under $ 3 million per season as a third line winger. Which is extremely fair. Lindholm could come back, he will get high offers from some clubs to be their go-to centre to play with some amazing talent to be sure, but there is an outside chance he extends in Vancouver. The dollars just don't seem to be there though.

Blueger ( 2m per range ), Myers ( 3m per range ), Zadorov ( 5m per range ) seem to be three players i'd bet are coming back.

People think it must be the time to add that elite winger. I just don't see it in the cards. The team needs a couple players on $ 1 million and under contracts to push for roster spots and the team needs more speed, size, and scoring punch. I have heard a mixed review when I bring it up but you need to look at guys like Daniel Sprong ( could be had under $ 4 million per ) who is fast, has good size, plays with an edge and has elite offensive skills. His production per time on ice is quite high. Teravainen could be an option and would be a slick winger to have for Pettersson's line as well. He could come in under the Guentzel asks and be closer to $ 6m per. Toffolli is a good choice as well. A few good options out there that you don't need to get silly about.

The Canucks probably shockingly to the doom 7 gloomers are one of the better cap positioned teams out there for Free Agency, having in the top 10 in cap space and roster size under contract already. Be patient and add some good pieces at fair prices. I think this management group will make a few moves that maybe come out of left field or don't follow the glory of bidding for the top talent out there.

Exciting times to have confidence in the club's management not to go crazy.

Canucks will find themselves in a similar spot as this year next year if we don’t add any top 6 talent. Podz/Hogs/Suter/Mikheyev are all 3rd or 4th line guys. Hogs might be ok as a tweener 2nd/3rd line guy but lacks the consistency. The other 3 haven’t shown the offence to warrant being in the top 6. If we don’t re-sign Lindholm we only have 3 bonafide top 6 players in Miller, Boeser, and Petey. 

The top 6 needs attention just like our defence does. Bottom 6 and goal tending will be fine.

11 hours ago, canucks curse said:

You know JR will give him like 9 mill x 7 lol

hes a JR boy through and through 

cap space = 23.7 + milky dump best case scenario 28.6

JG 9

bluegger 1.33

myets 2.75x term 

tanev 4.75 x 3

zads 4.5x 6

joshya 3.25x 5

silovs 1.25 

Joshua ain't gonna sign for 3.25mil.. he's looking on the team.. there's garland at 5mil.. mikheyev at 4.75mil.. and he's arguable as good if not better than both right now and plays the PK.. tanev.. easy pass.. coming off another injury because of his playstyle blocking shots at the worse possible time and then his team completely fell apart after that... and the canucks playstyle park the bus and block infinite shots.. bets are he won't even last half a season with our playstyle... i don't want to be missing the top pairing defenceman for any significant part of the season.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Toffolli is a good choice as well

Toffoli is so slow, I'm not sure if he would fit under Tocchet's system, and the way he wants his team to play. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

we only have 3 bonafide top 6 players in Miller, Boeser, and Petey.

Boy, that's ugly. There's a lot of work to do this off-season, but I'm not sure how Allvin and Rutherford finds another 3 top six forwards in one off-season. 

15 hours ago, HKSR said:

I can't agree with that.  Guentzel doesn't have the size, strength, or defensive acumen and ability to age like Miller.  Miller will age into a 2-way 2C, then a strong defensive 3C (like Jordan Staal) as he ages.

Guentzel has nothing to fall back on as he loses his scoring touch.  He also relies on speed much more than Miller.  Scoring, skating, and speed all deteriorate with age.

Is High End Hockey IQ not something to fall back on?

Special players seem to play to age 35 pretty well.

Age 36-37 depends more on injuries and how special the player is.

Justin Williams a lower end comp for regular season production and he was pretty consistent up to his age 38 season I think.

I personally think guentzel is a special player. And one that will play well in his 30s. Id be more concerned about his body holding up injury wise though with the way he plays and the price he pays to attack.

But ya any 7 year deal to anyone 28-30 comes with more Age/injury risk.

JG is one of the few players id be willing to take the risk on.

Also Miller has aging concerns to with how physical he plays. And we can always move him out to the wing if he slows down I think that would be more likely than a J Staal like comp but not sure hes not been very projectable as he surprises everyone constantly with what and who he is. JT Miller is a beast and perhaps J Staal comp is actually a slight to what he can be in his age 35-36 season. Maybe he will still be highly effective top 6 2 - way C on PP1. I wouldn't count that out for him.

5 hours ago, canucks curse said:

I think you can get duclair  for close to the price you get for Joshua 

Duclair isn't an upgrade over Hoglander imo 

And I would rather have a Joshua type forward added.

we need different player types, and PKing BIG guys that can hit and score 20 are hard to come by.

• Cheers 1

Insider Links Jake Guentzel to Very Unlikely Team in Free Agency 

Dave Litman Wednesday, June 05, 2024

The Carolina Hurricanes are still hoping to re-sign their big trade deadline acquisition Jake Guentzel, and the star UFA forward has been linked to some other contenders as well. But insider Elliotte Friedman has his own stunning pick for where Guentzel could wind up:

“My surprise July 1st pick is Jake Guentzel to Chicago.  

Guentzel is a midwest guy. Chicago is a Midwest location. Also, they do need to get (elite) players to play with Bedard. It just doesn't seem insane to me. And, I don't know if Chicago is looking to "accelerate the process", as much as they realize they have to move things forward and they have to begin surrounding Bedard with some players that will allow him to showcase even more...   

I don't think it's impossible based on what I'm hearing out there. “

The Blackhawks tried that direction last offseason, trying to surround the incoming celebrated top pick Bedard with some solid veterans that know how to play, like Taylor Hall, Nick Foligno and Corey Perry. That didn't quite work out the way they'd hoped (they batted .333, hitting on one of the three, though Hall was simply a victim of injury). 

But taking the plunge on a true star in his prime like Guenztel would be a whole other level of "accelerating the process" for the Hawks. 

Guentzel recorded his fourth 30+ goal season this year, finishing with 30 goals, 47 assists and 77 points in 67 games split between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Hurricanes. He's coming off a five-year deal at a $6 million cap hit, and is expected to be able to command north of $8 million per year over a long-term contract of at least six years. 

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/06/insider-links-jake-guentzel-to-very.html

4 hours ago, RWJC said:

Insider Links Jake Guentzel to Very Unlikely Team in Free Agency 

Dave Litman Wednesday, June 05, 2024

The Carolina Hurricanes are still hoping to re-sign their big trade deadline acquisition Jake Guentzel, and the star UFA forward has been linked to some other contenders as well. But insider Elliotte Friedman has his own stunning pick for where Guentzel could wind up:

“My surprise July 1st pick is Jake Guentzel to Chicago.  

Guentzel is a midwest guy. Chicago is a Midwest location. Also, they do need to get (elite) players to play with Bedard. It just doesn't seem insane to me. And, I don't know if Chicago is looking to "accelerate the process", as much as they realize they have to move things forward and they have to begin surrounding Bedard with some players that will allow him to showcase even more...   

I don't think it's impossible based on what I'm hearing out there. “

The Blackhawks tried that direction last offseason, trying to surround the incoming celebrated top pick Bedard with some solid veterans that know how to play, like Taylor Hall, Nick Foligno and Corey Perry. That didn't quite work out the way they'd hoped (they batted .333, hitting on one of the three, though Hall was simply a victim of injury). 

But taking the plunge on a true star in his prime like Guenztel would be a whole other level of "accelerating the process" for the Hawks. 

Guentzel recorded his fourth 30+ goal season this year, finishing with 30 goals, 47 assists and 77 points in 67 games split between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Hurricanes. He's coming off a five-year deal at a $6 million cap hit, and is expected to be able to command north of $8 million per year over a long-term contract of at least six years. 

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/06/insider-links-jake-guentzel-to-very.html

I guess Chicago has the cap to overpay him and not really care a whole lot about it, him and Bedard would be something to watch 

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I guess Chicago has the cap to overpay him and not really care a whole lot about it, him and Bedard would be something to watch 

Plus Guentzel has his cup, maybe the $$ weight into it more at this point. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Plus Guentzel has his cup, maybe the $$ weight into it more at this point. 

They've got nearly 34M to play with and not exactly a bunch of guys jumping out as guys who definitely need to be extended. If they're willing to overpay him it's not as if they don't have the cap/contract flexibility to do it. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

On 6/3/2024 at 7:23 PM, wai_lai416 said:

Joshua ain't gonna sign for 3.25mil.. he's looking on the team.. there's garland at 5mil.. mikheyev at 4.75mil.. and he's arguable as good if not better than both right now and plays the PK.. tanev.. easy pass.. coming off another injury because of his playstyle blocking shots at the worse possible time and then his team completely fell apart after that... and the canucks playstyle park the bus and block infinite shots.. bets are he won't even last half a season with our playstyle... i don't want to be missing the top pairing defenceman for any significant part of the season.

I wonder if he would on a 1 year deal take a little less this year 

one he gets one more year here and two he sets himself up for a massive pay day.

he builds on his year hits 20 goals or even has a similar year and he’s guaranteed a 4.75-5.5 long term deal by some team come summer.

he knows if he stays healthy he will be in an environment he can succeed and it could be best for his development to stay o e more year in the system and staff that believes in him and play with guys that he has serious chemistry with 

On 6/5/2024 at 7:01 PM, Coconuts said:

I think JG wants to win and be in a competitive window the next 2-5 years.

he signs in Chicago and he will know he’s 2-3 seasons away from even sniffing the playoffs  I don’t know. He’d have to really wanna live there and love the contract offer.

if they draft demidov too they are gonna have to add some size to that top 6 in the near future 3/6 under 6 ft

8 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I wonder if he would on a 1 year deal take a little less this year 

one he gets one more year here and two he sets himself up for a massive pay day.

he builds on his year hits 20 goals or even has a similar year and he’s guaranteed a 4.75-5.5 long term deal by some team come summer.

he knows if he stays healthy he will be in an environment he can succeed and it could be best for his development to stay o e more year in the system and staff that believes in him and play with guys that he has serious chemistry with 

i dont think he will someone is going to give him the contract he's looking for. he's big tough plays hard can put up some points someone will easily sign him to the 4+ mid term he's looking for. 3rd line guys ain't gonna get no 6-8 year terms so one more year ain't gonna make a difference for him other than potentially losing out big time. if he can get his 4-4.5x 4-5? he's going to take it.. he's made almost no money so far in his career.. 1.6mil after tax is prolly closer to 750k.. not even enough to buy a place in vancouver.. he doesn't have the luxury to gamble for a big contract.. say he signs for 3mil? and then he's back to normal.. no one offers him more than 2.5x2-3 years.. that's a giant L for him vs if he was to sign for even 4mil x 4.. he's not a top 6 player and prolly never will be.. no one is going to pay 4.75-5.5mil for someone to play on their 3rd line.

Milky + Woo + Klimovich to CHI for 3rd 

csp space = 30 m

Guentzel 9x 7

Lindholm 6.5 x 8 = 52 mil- does he say no to that ?

joshua 3.25x 5

Zads 4.75x 6

Tavev 4.25x 3

silovs 1

Myers 2.75x 3

Blueger 1.5x 4

= .250 in cap space 

JG Lindholm Petey 

Hogz Miller Brock 

Joshua Bluegger Garland 

Podz Suter Aman 

Hughes Tanev