[Speculation] Hurricanes Rumors: Jake Guentzel Likely to Hit Market, Rights available for mid round pick  

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

If we can't get guentzal I'd be ok with Teurovainen, Stammer, Lindholm (7.5), Reinhart. I'm not keen on offering 8+ to anyone else. If those fish are gone then I think we round out the dcorps with a Pesce like player and add some grit to the bottom 6. We can then head into the season with a little bit of cap space to play with at the deadline.

I have the feeling that Lindholm does not want to play for the Canucks next season......likely due to how they had him at the 3C spot with a more defensive role.

3 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I have the feeling that Lindholm does not want to play for the Canucks next season......likely due to how they had him at the 3C spot with a more defensive role.

And the fact it was rumoured we were trying to dump him to land Guentzel at the TDL lol.  I'm sure that pissed him off.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

“We’re trying very hard on that one,” Tulsky said. “We are not that far apart. I’m still optimistic it’s going to get done. But it’s not done yet and we’re running out of time.”

- Eric Tulsky in regards to Guentzel (From the Athletic)

If Guentzel extends with the Canes do we circle back to Lindholm? 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

At this point I think lindholm both foot is out the door. Gotta think Boston have to be the front runner.. he’ll instantly slide in as the center for pastrnak which would almost guarantee his revive his production

1 hour ago, chris12345 said:

or he doesn't want to live in Van

or Boston offers more money

Who in the world would not want to live here if they could afford it? Certainly, Lindholm and his family can live comfortably here in Vancouver. I think it's probably relational strain from when the Canucks management attempted to "trade" Lindholm after landing him because he was struggling. That wasn't a good look for Allvin and Rutherford. And also, he probably wants a larger role offensively rather than be behind Miller and Petey at centre. 

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Lindholm is not coming back. If Carolina signs and gets it done with Guentzel before free agency, then Canucks need to go to the secondary route - some fans have suggested Toffoli. I can't see how he's a fit in Tocchet's system which demands speed, and Toff isn't known for that when he was last here, and I can't imagine how much slower his foot speed is now

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Lindholm is not coming back. If Carolina signs and gets it done with Guentzel before free agency, then Canucks need to go to the secondary route - some fans have suggested Toffoli. I can't see how he's a fit in Tocchet's system which demands speed, and Toff isn't known for that when he was last here, and I can't imagine how much slower his foot speed is now

Maybe then we go after Nescas? 

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Who in the world would not want to live here if they could afford it? Certainly, Lindholm and his family can live comfortably here in Vancouver. I think it's probably relational strain from when the Canucks management attempted to "trade" Lindholm after landing him because he was struggling. That wasn't a good look for Allvin and Rutherford. And also, he probably wants a larger role offensively rather than be behind Miller and Petey at centre. 

people who don't want to have strangers constantly approaching them on the street, while dropping their kids off at school, out for dinner, getting groceries, while also getting torn apart in the media. 

lots of people don't want that scrutiny. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Wouldn't mind Arvidsson.  Pass on Toffoli.  Zucker only if really cheap.

And that’s the thing he won’t be. 

Teams are gonna overpay on dollars and term for players like this after striking out on the big fish. We don’t need to be the ones overpaying for this level of player.

Id rather spend more draft capital and get better players that teams are offloading for cap space. 

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think he just wants to play C in a key role, not be a sometimes 3C, sometimes top 6 W behind Petey/Miller.

20 minutes ago, RWJC said:

According to Sat Shah, apparently our targets outside of Guentzel are now Toffoli, Arvidsson and Zucker. 

🤮

Arvidsson maybe...the rest we should save our money.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I am guessing there is more than one NHL player?

How about taking a flyer on Druin, Colorado is gonna be tight to give him any sort of raise especially if Landeskog returns 

Druin is still looking to elevate his stock and might sign for 2 million for 1 year to cash in a bit more on a retirement type deal

his numbers this year were decent second line production and could slot nicely with petey

3 hours ago, tas said:

people who don't want to have strangers constantly approaching them on the street, while dropping their kids off at school, out for dinner, getting groceries, while also getting torn apart in the media. 

lots of people don't want that scrutiny. 

I mean, that kind of comes with the territory of being a professional hockey player in Canada. Not exclusive to just Vancouver.