[Speculation] Hurricanes Rumors: Jake Guentzel Likely to Hit Market, Rights available for mid round pick  

If Carolina has met Guentzel's ask then it's pretty much a done deal unless he doesn't actually want to play there. 

I'm just worried whichever plan B top 6 we bring in won't work with Petey. Hopefully our pro scouting will nail this one. 

I also wonder if PA&JR will pull something completely unexpected. Someone mentioned Stamkos, is that completely out of the question if he's available?

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Wing said:

If Carolina has met Guentzel's ask then it's pretty much a done deal unless he doesn't actually want to play there. 

I'm just worried whichever plan B top 6 we bring in won't work with Petey. Hopefully our pro scouting will nail this one. 

I also wonder if PA&JR will pull something completely unexpected. Someone mentioned Stamkos, is that completely out of the question if he's available?

Stamkos and TBL are quite far apart in contract negotiations from what I've read by insiders.  IF that's true... then Stamkos could be a UFA in a few days.  I think he'd be about $8M to $8.5M.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wing said:

There's no guarantee that Guentzel would work out with Pettersson either. It is important that Pettersson put in a full season's worth of effort regardless of his linemates. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well the dream is over I guess. We really can't go to 10 for him.

I'm trying to find it, but apparently Friedman said something similar on the Jeff Marek show 

Sounds like it'll boil down to whether Guentzel takes it or not

Edited by Coconuts

21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's Dreger, but he's saying Carolina's likely met Guentzel's ask 

Whether he accepts it or not, we'll see

Elliote Friedman (on the Jeff Marek show) says he's hearing the same thing...says Carolina has agreed to meet Guentzels ask.

Thinks it's up to Guentzel now if he wants to be in Carolina

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

That’s a lot for Reinhart 

Agreed. Sam Reinhart had a phenomenal season, but so did Huberdeau while playing with Barkov. Barkov is one of the most elite passers in the league on top of his other skills. 

Yes, Petey is also incredible and Reinhart would do great with Petey no doubt. It’s just the price tag on Reinhart that I don’t like.

Edited by GrammaInTheTub

Just now, Coconuts said:

It's speculated that Florida and Reinhart already have a deal in place at around 9-9.5M

At the low end, 9M would equate to roughly 10M in Vancouver 

Will be interesting to see how FLA puts things back together...

$19.5M in cap space...

Significant pieces to their run to be signed:

Reinhart - $9M+

Lundell - $4Mish

Montour - $5M+

OEL - $4Mish

Montour and OEL walk I guess?  Massive holes on their D core then... maybe that's why they are shopping Ekblad.  Could pay for Montour and OEL.  At least keeps 3 of their 4 main D together.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

94 points is pretty much minimum $9.5M+.  The fact he scored nearly 60 goals puts a premium on him for sure... $10M+ would be minimum for Reinhart.  He's only 28yo. 

Oh I get it… and he’s actually one of the guys I think we should target… but that season was a 1 off for him. Great player…. Don’t know it’s wise to pay him based on that one season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Will be interesting to see how FLA puts things back together...

$19.5M in cap space...

Significant pieces to their run to be signed:

Reinhart - $9M+

Lundell - $4Mish

Montour - $5M+

OEL - $4Mish

Montour and OEL walk I guess?  Massive holes on their D core then... maybe that's why they are shopping Ekblad.  Could pay for Montour and OEL.  At least keeps 3 of their 4 main D together.

Probably exactly why, and it's something they can afford to do after winning the cup 

They may just go out and look for a different RD, I think they find a way to keep Montour 

Could see OEL coming back on another sweetheart deal, he's made lots of money 

Panthers have some tough choices to make but winning the cup buys a franchise a lot of grace

Edited by Coconuts