[Speculation] Hurricanes Rumors: Jake Guentzel Likely to Hit Market, Rights available for mid round pick  

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Doubt any team would give up a top 10 pick for Necas.

Depending on the pick, teams would likely be happy if their pick turned into Necas 

Entering his 25-26 season

Last couple seasons are 73 and 53 points, both seasons he put up 24 goals or more

9 points in 11 playoff games this past season, 7 in 15 the season before

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Does Ottawa like paying a lot to see guys walk in a year or two? I can't imagine Necas wanting to end up there. 

I don't think Ottawa lands him, I wouldn't be surprise if Seattle (8OA) or Jersey (10OA) went for it though 

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Depending on the pick, teams would likely be happy if their pick turned into Necas 

Entering his 25-26 season

Last couple seasons are 73 and 53 points, both seasons he put up 24 goals or more

9 points in 11 playoff games this past season, 7 in 15 the season before

But you have to pay him immediately.

Most teams in that situation would want more cost control as they won’t be competitive for awhile.

38 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Fans here who value our picks with near religious zeal and will undoubtedly turn this into a Benning debate 

I for one would be willing to pull the trigger on that. My preference has been Necas over Guentzel though from the outset though.

Difference being that Necas is still young so giving up a 1st rounder for a player with one year left of RFA isn’t so bad

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But you have to pay him immediately.

Most teams in that situation would want more cost control as they won’t be competitive for awhile.

Seattle could, they also have Gourde's 5.5M coming off at the end of next season 

They gotta extend Beniers but they've most of their roster signed through next season and 23.4M in cap space

They actually have a lot of cap coming off next season, Tanev, Larsson, Borgen, and Dumoulin will be up too

Edited by Coconuts

29 minutes ago, Wing said:

Radio 650 just said Pierre LeBrun reports Carolina's latest offer os 8x8M to meet Guentzel's demands. I'm surprised that's all he's seeking.

He'll turn 30 when the season starts. That's his last contract so 8x8 = 64M$ or 7x9 = 63M$.  That extra year, that he probably won't be playing due to buyout or injuries is the advantage Carolina has.

Edited by timberz21

39 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This would be known as "Going for it within your window" I would think..

Seems like more of an Allvin “overpayment”if it goes past Carolinas offer.

Does Management want to look like hypocrites or the “hard ballers” they are with any other player to Canucks.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Seems like more of an Allvin “overpayment”if it goes past Carolinas offer.

Does Management want to look like hypocrites or the “hard ballers” they are with any other player to Canucks.

We’d have to offer more since we can’t offer an 8th year.

Also there’s the whole state tax thing.