[Speculation] Hurricanes Rumors: Jake Guentzel Likely to Hit Market, Rights available for mid round pick  

On 6/13/2024 at 2:08 PM, HKSR said:

Yup.  But also means we would have him signed to 38yo instead of 37yo.  So there's that.

Although the thought of Guentzel on a 8 year x $7.875M AAV deal is pretty enticing (equivalent to $9M x 7 on the UFA market).  So maybe round to $8M x 8. 

But... 38yo though... yikes.

Guentzel will technically be 37 years old when his 8 year contract runs out.  His 38th birthday would be in October.  So he'd be the same age as Miller when Miller is done...

24 minutes ago, Gurn said:

At which point, the owner should have fired Lou.

Why keep a Gm that says he paid too much?

find a Gm that pays the right amount.

Yup. Lou should have been fired for getting bent over so bad on the Horfat trade. Hotfat is a proven loser. Surprised any team would give up so much for such a selfish player. 

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Guentzel will technically be 37 years old when his 8 year contract runs out.  His 38th birthday would be in October.  So he'd be the same age as Miller when Miller is done...

I'd roll the dice on him. We would probably get 4 excellent years out of him and another 2 years of really good hockey after that.  It's the last 2 years that might be an issue... but that's 6 years from now.  Worry about it then.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

On 6/15/2024 at 11:00 AM, Alflives said:

Yup. Lou should have been fired for getting bent over so bad on the Horfat trade. Hotfat is a proven loser. Surprised any team would give up so much for such a selfish player. 

2 time OHL Champion. Literally zero reason to continue dumping on Horvat. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

2 time Memorial Cup Champion. Literally zero reason to continue dumping on Horvat. 

Horvat is still a good player that is a 30+g 60-70pt.  He’s about $1M overpaid.  Worth around $7.5M in my opinion.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

2 time Memorial Cup Champion. Literally zero reason to continue dumping on Horvat. 

Horvat never won the memorial cup despite three straight appearances with the Knights.

He did win the OHL title twice and was a Ivan Hlinka gold medalist.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Grandmaster said:

The biggest need of this team is to get a legit top 6 player to be with Petey. Guentzel is priority over anyone else. If not him, we best be going for a trade to get one. There is no one else in the UFA market

Bingo. Solve the big issue first.

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Bingo. Solve the big issue first.

Still waiting for Allvin to solve any of our issues. Relatively quiet still with about 2 weeks to go before July 1. 

26 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Still waiting for Allvin to solve any of our issues. Relatively quiet still with about 2 weeks to go before July 1. 

Whole league is quiet because of playoffs 

• Like 2

If we can get more cap room I would get Genz and Toff.

But I am dreaming as that will not happen.

One is worth a shot,maybe bigger trade to get another great player or D.

Think we need a lot of work to get to the big show.Tje D needs 3 to 4 and Hronek and Zad seem to want to much.Myers wants to stay for less and I am ok with that.

43 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

The market is probably waiting for the final game tonight 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Horvat never won the memorial cup despite three straight appearances with the Knights.

He did win the OHL title twice and was a Ivan Hlinka gold medalist.

Oh right still getting used to hockeydb title icons but yeah regardless Horvat is a player you win with but he can only do so much on his own too. Isles have a great 4th line and good line 1, but lines 2 and 3 they’re thinner than the Oilers on depth there. 

On 6/15/2024 at 11:06 AM, HKSR said:

I'd roll the dice on him. We would probably get 4 excellent years out of him and another 2 years of really good hockey after that.  It's the last 2 years that might be an issue... but that's 6 years from now.  Worry about it then.

Ya I would be fine with it. His best years of the contract would be during our most/expected competitive window anyways.

• Cheers 1

On 6/15/2024 at 3:54 PM, Grinder1 said:

If things don’t happen  soon I think things will get done at the draft. 

Not a peep about Zadorov either. Thought the final contract offer was being made this weekend? Nothing from Zadorov’s camp or the organization? Does this mean they’re close? 

19 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Not a peep about Zadorov either. Thought the final contract offer was being made this weekend? Nothing from Zadorov’s camp or the organization? Does this mean they’re close? 

If Edmonton had just gotten swept like they should have it would have been announced by now 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

He has a hunch the Canucks will pursue  Guentzel 

Ohhhh a hunch old school nice 

I had a hunch I’d win the last 50/50 though 🥲

On 6/15/2024 at 3:31 PM, cripplereh said:

If we can get more cap room I would get Genz and Toff.

But I am dreaming as that will not happen.

One is worth a shot,maybe bigger trade to get another great player or D.

Think we need a lot of work to get to the big show.Tje D needs 3 to 4 and Hronek and Zad seem to want to much.Myers wants to stay for less and I am ok with that.

even with mikheyev gone, if we get guentzel thats basically it for upgrades at Forward

hroneks gotta get his 7.5 or w/e, and we need 5-6m to fill out the D bare minimum, more if we keep zadorov

i think its pretty clear they wont be able to solve all our problems in UFA, there wont be the money for it, theyll have to solve 1 or 2 things, then go try to make trades to solve the others