[Speculation] Stars Rumors: 3 Free-Agent Destinations for Chris Tanev 

Hughes gets a lot of credit for how slick he is offensively but man I saw Tanev just kill plays defensively vs VGK/COL with his skating and positioning, then a quick pass or skate it out.  It was impressive.

• Cheers 1

I'm torn on him in all honesty. Part of me would love to have him back, but another is still worried about his age and injuries. It would all have to depend on money and term imo. 

4 hours ago, Goose said:

Hughes gets a lot of credit for how slick he is offensively but man I saw Tanev just kill plays defensively vs VGK/COL with his skating and positioning, then a quick pass or skate it out.  It was impressive.

Ya he made a lot of high end plays. Suppressed shots, and got the puck out of danger a lot

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Pears said:

I'm torn on him in all honesty. Part of me would love to have him back, but another is still worried about his age and injuries. It would all have to depend on money and term imo. 

Ya that’s it. It comes down to a lot of factors but at the right price and dependent on the other moves we make there is a world bringing him back is a low risk / value addition that boosts the room and makes us a better team and helps the pk not take a step back with all the pk roster turnover but even maybe take a step forward 

im open minded.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

so you going to ignore the part that say keep telling yourself?? i think you are going to be hard pressed to find anyone that'll agree with your assessment Garland played in a top 6 role 2/3rd of the season and was great.. garland have been mostly invisible without joshua.. he has 4 goals and 3 assist during the stretch where joshua was injured.. 3 of those goals came against anaheim buffalo montreal... his minutes was reduced to 14mins during that stretch.. that's top 6 minutes for sure.. give the man a raise he deserves it.

He's got a .56 points per game over his career, where Boeser has .8 so yes he's a winger who has proven he can up in the top six. Either way you look at it his a mid six who can play up on the second line. 

Since a Canuck

21/22 19-33-52 .67 ppg 

22/23 17-29-46 .56 ppg

23/24 20-27-47 .57 ppg

His first year he played more often on a offensive role. Last year he played against teams top lines all year, taking the hard matches away from Petey. I don't get how he doesn't look like a guy who "can" play top six, scoring 20 or close and 50 ish points a season. If he played on the power play more and the top two lines his ppg would increase to a normal second liner player I have no doubt. Especially for not playing consistently in the top six, and often in a defensive role.All im saying is he has done enough to warrant a raise in two years and is worth something to trade right now. I'm done arguing with you bud. Peace. 

Edited by Rick_theRyper

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

He's got a .56 points per game over his career, where Boeser has .8 so yes he's a winger who has proven he can up in the top six. Either way you look at it his a mid six who can play up on the second line. 

Since a Canuck

21/22 19-33-52 .67 ppg 

22/23 17-29-46 .56 ppg

23/24 20-27-47 .57 ppg

His first year he played more often on an offensive role. Last year he played against teams top lines all year, taking the hard matches away from Petey. I don't get how he doesn't look like a guy who "can" play top six, scoring 20 or close and 50 ish points a season. If he played on the power play more and the top two lines his ppg would increase to a normal second liner player I have no doubt. Especially for not playing consistently in the top six, and often in a defensive role.All im saying is he has done enough to warrant a raise in two years and is worth something to trade right now. I'm done arguing with you bud. Peace. 

lol points without context is everything that’s why everyone wanted to get rid of him the past 2 years right? Yup I’m done arguing with you too. Garland is such a clutch top 6 teams are lining up to give him a raise who wouldn’t want garland at 6mil or more? Joshua is producing like a top 6 too someone better give him 5mil or more lol