[Speculation] BOS D Forbort to test Free Agency

The potential options list keeps getting larger:

Boston Bruins defenseman Derek Forbort is reportedly headed to the free agent market on July 1st (as per David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period). The former 15th overall pick spent a great deal of the season on long-term injured reserve and was limited to just 35 games. The 32-year-old has never offered much offense from the backend, topping out at 18 points with the Los Angeles Kings in 2017 and 2018, but he is a big body and can still skate. Forbort will have suitors in free agency, particularly from teams that are looking for a depth defenseman who isn’t afraid to engage the opponent physically.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/atlantic-notes-senators-coaching-staff-canadiens-forbort.html#ref=home

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

The potential options list keeps getting larger:

Boston Bruins defenseman Derek Forbort is reportedly headed to the free agent market on July 1st (as per David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period). The former 15th overall pick spent a great deal of the season on long-term injured reserve and was limited to just 35 games. The 32-year-old has never offered much offense from the backend, topping out at 18 points with the Los Angeles Kings in 2017 and 2018, but he is a big body and can still skate. Forbort will have suitors in free agency, particularly from teams that are looking for a depth defenseman who isn’t afraid to engage the opponent physically.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/atlantic-notes-senators-coaching-staff-canadiens-forbort.html#ref=home

serious bumper crop of 2nd and 3rd pair defensemen available this offseason

there are deals to be had

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I wouldn't mind depending the price. Has missed a bunch of games over the years though.

Going to need to replace Poolman on LTIR somehow, right? Jk

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, RWJC said:

Going to need to replace Poolman on LTIR somehow, right? Jk

Kind of leaning towards no with DF unless he comes in as a 7th D. He wouldn't be playing all-year and when healthy he'd be a better option than Juulsen.

That's the kicker though, "when healthy".  He brings qualities I like but I don't think I can trust him in a regular role. 

Rather spend cap on a 2nd pair D and Zadorov and we need to figure out what we're doing with Hronek.  Brisebois gonna be healthy and it'll probably be his last shot as 7th D. He's gonna be competing with Juuslen and others. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Kind of leaning towards no with DF unless he comes in as a 7th D. He wouldn't be playing all-year and when healthy he'd be a better option than Juulsen.

That's the kicker though, "when healthy".  He brings qualities I like but I don't think I can trust him in a regular role. 

Rather spend cap on a 2nd pair D and Zadorov and we need to figure out what we're doing with Hronek.  Brisebois gonna be healthy and it'll probably be his last shot as 7th D. He's gonna be competing with Juuslen and others. 

Brisebois is good as an 8th. Juulsen is more deserving and stable at this point 

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I doubt he gets more than $1 million on a one year deal considering his injury history.  I'd take him as our 7th Dman and have Juulsen as our 8.

Hughes      

Zadorov        

Soucy            Myers

Forbort         Juulsen

That's 6 right there.  If we trade Hronek then I'd go hard after Matt Roy or Dylan Demelo in free agency.  Trading for Artem Zub or Jacob Trouba is also an option...

We're going to need some depth to replace Cole and Forbort could be a nice addition for 1M but he's mainly a lefty. We've got to lock down Zadorov and Hronek first, they can solidify our top-4, then worry about Myers and Forbort et. for the bottom