Luke Gazdic Rant against Canucks and Twitter Trolls

Shekky

7 minutes ago, Shekky said:

To me its pretty pathetic to see these twitter trolls. With that said though he goes off on the Canucks which have nothing to do with the situation at all but on top of that he is letting these twitter trolls get to him. Donnie and Dhali say it best in their response to it that he needs to get some thick skin in order to handle the pressure of it all. There are toxic fans on both sides Canucks just happen to have a much larger fan base then Oilers so your bound to have the fringes of twitter be this toxic towards you.

twitter itself is a cesspool of toxicity and no one should take it seriously.

I agree - I think Donnie and Dhali nailed it. I don't find Gazdic that insightful but he has been given the opportunity and will hopefully improve with experience. His attack of the Canucks team came across as him getting heated from the overall situation, but it was definitely unwarranted and really just makes him look less credible. I do think taking him off the Stanley Cup Final broadcast may be warranted but I doubt anything will happen and I don't think he should lose his job. My expectation is that he has a choice now - he has stepped in it, and there may be consequences, but it's up to him to grow or step in more piles.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)

Honestly never been a fan of this guy since he joined the broadcast, and don't remember him at all as a player - but this all seems a bit out of character.

Even the way he's talking in that clip in his relaxed "with the boys" tone just feels weird. He's usually a total square on TV.

I seem to recall him liking a lot of things about this Canucks team throughout the season...

Also recall watching with friends and family going "Who's that guy? Never seen him before" whenever he was on screen.

Edited by nergish
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

think this was just his thin skin/frustration boiling over

hes done an acceptable job all season long of being reasonably impartial in his takes

obviously we know that deep down hes an oiler homer but every broadcaster is gonna have some personal feelings about a team they like

this is the first time hes really cracked

nothingburger imo, he'll apologize and we can all move on. 

i think its quite petty to hope for a guy to lose his job over some childish comments

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

The twit's are toxic, haven't looked at that crap for a couple of years now and don't miss it one iota.

But Gadzawhiner needs to chill on the comments on the team and entire fanbase.

That guy is now a regular guest on the 650 shows. Our local Canucks radio is owned by a company who employs people who hate our city. And then the company puts those people on the local station. Fans should boycott 650. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

he may not be after this. 

I would add his spot on HNIC might be in question too.

I would expect an apology next time he’s on. It’s one thing to be a fan of a team like Bieksa, but to call an entire organization and fan base a joke?

Don’t know how you can stay credible when there’s that much bias. Oh wait we’ve known that for years. 🤣

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I would add his spot on HNIC might be in question too.

I would expect an apology next time he’s on. It’s one thing to be a fan of a team like Bieksa, but to call an entire organization and fan base a joke?

Don’t know how you can stay credible when there’s that much bias. Oh wait we’ve known that for years. 🤣

tbh I don't give flying ****. I mute these guys most of the time now. I've seen this stuff too many times now to expect anything else. 

• Vintage 3

Just now, Bob Long said:

tbh I don't give flying ****. I mute these guys most of the time now. I've seen this stuff too many times now to expect anything else. 

It’s all corporate sponsors pushing McDavid down our throats that’s all it is. Seems that’s all they serve now. Zero dignity left in sports broadcasts in Canada.

I’m honestly thinking about cancelling cable and watching the games in other ways. 

Do you happen to know if you get the NHL package would the games have the Sportsnet panel or an NHL network panel?

“Gazdic, who had eight points and averaged 6:35 of ice time over his 147-game NHL career.”

First, the guy is not much of a hockey player.

Second, if he lives in Edmonton by choice, well that says a lot.

Third, email HNIC to have him turfed for extreme bias.

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s all corporate sponsors pushing McDavid down our throats that’s all it is. Seems that’s all they serve now. Zero dignity left in sports broadcasts in Canada.

I’m honestly thinking about cancelling cable and watching the games in other ways. 

yep im looking at that too. 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Do you happen to know if you get the NHL package would the games have the Sportsnet panel or an NHL network panel?

tbh no idea

I don't blame Elliotte for backing up his teammate, as he put it, but he didn't address LG's bit about "dusting" the Canucks, saying "your team sucks"....

It's all well and good to lose your cool over comments from the fans, but that has nothing to do with the team itself, or the organization. IMO, that's where Gadzic crossed a line.

Donnie said it best, IMO, when he asked "What if the Canucks play the Oilers again? How do I take this guy seriously?" If I was an HNIC exec, I'd be wondering the same thing...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1