Luke Gazdic Rant against Canucks and Twitter Trolls

Shekky

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I just can't help but wonder what happens to Bieksa if he did this about Toronto. He's not that stupid, so it's an academic question, but I still wonder. 

That is just it, if any other analyst said that about any other team, it would still be unacceptable. It's completely unprofessional. No media head worth his salt would ever make such moronic comments on record. This guy doesn't deserve the privileged of working on the national stage. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

That is just it, if any other analyst said that about any other team, it would still be unacceptable. It's completely unprofessional. No media head worth his salt would ever make such moronic comments on record. This guy doesn't deserve the privileged of working on the national stage. 

Yup. How long would Bieksa be on the air if he said that about the Leafs and their fans? 

Just now, Alflives said:

Yup. How long would Bieksa be on the air if he said that about the Leafs and their fans? 

He'd be fired by text message before he got off the podcast....

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

It is a sour note and it's normal, but a bit more extreme for reasons like:

1. The dirty crap that was ignored in our series vs the Oilers (yet they whined throughout at the refs)

2. The fact that arrogant Leon was smug about "goaltending/goalposts". Like most give respect where it's due but not Mr. Slewfoot.

3. Oilers SHOULD be ahead of this team with their golden picks.

They're my new #1 hated team. Yes, above the Leafs AND the Bruins.

With number 3, that should be highlighted along with the fact that game 7 could have gone the other way. It just didn't. That Edmonton team that should be ahead of this team with their golden picks could have lost to us just as easily as have won.

Unfortunately, I did notice an arrogance about that fanbase just before the series and I wouldn't be surprised if they become insufferable if they win the cup.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2024 at 6:16 PM, DrJockitch said:

I really don’t care about social media so don’t care about the secondary outrage from it. 
I have no problem having Hrudey cheering for Calgary, Gazdic for Edmonton, Bieksa for Van. It makes for a fun banter and it is a better representation of fandom.   Everyone is required to cheer for Toronto and Montreal, that is the nature of the media. 

Yes, it is ok to be biased, but there is no room for being OBNOXIOUS. I think that's the issue. Bieksa is for sure a fan of Vancouver, but I haven't seen him bash any fanbase or any team while he's analyzing. He genuinely tries to understand each team that he talks about.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

Yes, it is ok to be biased, but there is no room for being OBNOXIOUS. I think that's the issue. Bieksa is for sure a fan of Vancouver, but I haven't seen him bash any fanbase or any team while he's analyzing. He genuinely tries to understand each team that he talks about.

John Garrett was pretty biased for the Canucks but to my knowledge he didn't resort to bashing other fanbases or teams. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

It's not about cheering FOR a team. It's about calling another team and their fans/city losers:

This is not great commentary from a guy who now makes his living delivering...commentary. Choose your words wisely. Especially when some consider the diving and whining from his team an absolute joke and loser stuff.

Maybe we can send Luke a matching beard bandaid to help him feel better.

Still don’t care what he has to say and refuse to be limited in my ability to call Edmonton and its fans losers.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, -dlc- said:

It's not about cheering FOR a team. It's about calling another team and their fans/city losers:

This is not great commentary from a guy who now makes his living delivering...commentary. Choose your words wisely. Especially when some consider the diving and whining from his team an absolute joke and loser stuff.

Maybe we can send Luke a matching beard bandaid to help him feel better.

Its suicidal... 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Still don’t care what he has to say and refuse to be limited in my ability to call Edmonton and its fans losers.

Who was that other former Coiler player that made a similiar rant during our series with the Coilers?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Who was that other former Coiler player that made a similiar rant during our series with the Coilers?

Pink Whitney. Err I mean Ray. (Who BTW owns Pink Whitney so don’t buy that over sweet crap). 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 4

9 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

John Garrett was pretty biased for the Canucks but to my knowledge he didn't resort to bashing other fanbases or teams. 

Yes, but that's the difference. You can be biased, especially as a team broadcaster, but NOT to the point of bashing teams or players, as you said. Garrett has always been classy with his observations and he never stops complimenting another team's players. Sometimes he'll bluntly say that a team is "not very good", but he won't go out of his way to prop up the team at the expense of another team.

57 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That was Ryan Whitney on the Spittin Chiclets.  He's another POS just like Gazdic...

The difference is Whitney is a shrewd business man using his comments to create podcast traffic.

Luke Gazdic had nothing to gain. This is nothing more than pure hatred. 

• ThereItIs 3

1 hour ago, NoHeart said:

The difference is Whitney is a shrewd business man using his comments to create podcast traffic.

Exactly. One was for clicks, the other was an overly emotional response to some trolls. Rule number ONE on the internet... DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NoHeart said:

can't he just be fired from 650 already 

3 hours ago, NoHeart said:

I don't even know if it is pure hatred... definitely immaturity issues...

Its like a child that has been bullied or teased and can't cope... incredibly poor self control, when you put yourself forward... How much crap do you not think, others are getting on X or what ever they call these things...

I got fed up with participating in discussions on these platforms long time ago, as there are professional shit stirrers, who manipulates everything you post, so you'll get hung out to dry, unless you follow the party line... 

So I did, what I preach, if you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, get out...

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

I don't even know if it is pure hatred... definitely immaturity issues...

Its like a child that has been bullied or teased and can't cope... incredibly poor self control, when you put yourself forward... How much crap do you not think, others are getting on X or what ever they call these things...

I got fed up with participating in discussions on these platforms long time ago, as there are professional shit stirrers, who manipulates everything you post, so you'll get hung out to dry, unless you follow the party line... 

So I did, what I preach, if you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, get out...

650 used to have this Godzik moran as a regular guest. I wonder if that’s over? 

• Cheers 1

On 6/8/2024 at 8:19 PM, MikeyD said:

Gazdic doing post-game away from the panel. 

He seems extra sad. Must feel like a cruel joke to him by Sportsnet.

:parrot:

amen, please 650 - no more Luke honestly, will lose respect for your station if he comes back on a regular basis 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

650 used to have this Godzik moran as a regular guest. I wonder if that’s over? 

Unless he grovels severely with an apology, I can't see how he can come back. 

He painted the Canucks organisation/players/fans as trash... and that's not a smart move, when its the same people you have to work with...

• Vintage 1