Luke Gazdic Rant against Canucks and Twitter Trolls

Shekky

10 hours ago, IBatch said:

We had Cheech.   There is absolutely nothing working with former players having their biases.    Most of the time, they keep it under wraps.    

True. Was it unprofessional? Yeah. But you don't see people complaining about Paul Bisonette and he does this weekly. People are just upset it's our team. 

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, MikeyD said:

True. Was it unprofessional? Yeah. But you don't see people complaining about Paul Bisonette and he does this weekly. People are just upset it's our team. 

SN for sure had a hard-on for the Oilers last post season.   These guys are people/human too, and nothing wrong with them having their favourites.   Personally loved Cheech.   And hope in the future we have some homerism calling our games.    Craig Simpson is also a bit of homer.   Doesn't bother me.   Rhudey does his job with at times obvious bias, doesn't bother me.   Maybe we as fans should have thicker skin, Whitney and Luke and the banter was over the top for sure.    Without some grudges things would be pretty vanilla ... can bet EDM vs VAN is better with a rivalry.    

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, IBatch said:

SN for sure had a hard-on for the Oilers last post season.   These guys are people/human too, and nothing wrong with them having their favourites.   Personally loved Cheech.   And hope in the future we have some homerism calling our games.    Craig Simpson is also a bit of homer.   Doesn't bother me.   Rhudey does his job with at times obvious bias, doesn't bother me.   Maybe we as fans should have thicker skin, Whitney and Luke and the banter was over the top for sure.    Without some grudges things would be pretty vanilla ... can bet EDM vs VAN is better with a rivalry.    

I agree, the rhudey and Simpson and even debrusk bias is tolerable as I still find them analytical in regards to a over all observance of hockey in general as apposed to the Jim Jones SN sports desk experience.when a single minded mantra is blindly pushed from up on high with no mention of the plus and minus play of different teams…..i also find Jason Bourne a bit of a knob who cannot admit the obvious sometimes when it comes to his opinions on certain teams and players.Kypreos has gotten better i think.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sargon said:

I agree, the rhudey and Simpson and even debrusk bias is tolerable as I still find them analytical in regards to a over all observance of hockey in general as apposed to the Jim Jones SN sports desk experience.when a single minded mantra is blindly pushed from up on high with no mention of the plus and minus play of different teams…..i also find Jason Bourne a bit of a knob who cannot admit the obvious sometimes when it comes to his opinions on certain teams and players.Kypreos has gotten better i think.

Alf tries to watch the French feed. Have no clue what they’re saying but the play by play is exciting as hell. The French guys are fantastic. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Alf tries to watch the French feed. Have no clue what they’re saying but the play by play is exciting as hell. The French guys are fantastic. 

I really miss watching the habs vs The nords on the French channel!! The whalers vs Boston!the French channel is like listening to Mexican soccer commentary.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sargon said:

I really miss watching the habs vs The nords on the French channel!! The whalers vs Boston!the French channel is like listening to Mexican soccer commentary.

Yup. French radio out here used to broadcast all the Habs’ game. Dome games are just better in certain languages. Hockey in French and soccer in Spanish. 

• Cheers 1