Luke Gazdic Rant against Canucks and Twitter Trolls

Shekky

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Francesco Aquilini should contact HNIC to get this guy's ass fired.  He literally called our team a joke.  How can he ever be on a panel when the Canucks play ever again?

I mean if the Coilers can complain to the NHL about the Green Men surely he can do this, right?

• ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Francesco Aquilini should contact HNIC to get this guy's ass fired.  He literally called our team a joke.  How can he ever be on a panel when the Canucks play ever again?

Ron McLean seemed to have made a good living out of it.  Even after sticking a shiv in Don Cherry's back.

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

Friedman defending him on Donnie and Dahli was cringeworthy. Gadzic should be out of a job after that garbage. 

Edited by Dizzle
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Gazdic. Just another dummy behind a podcast mic who's had too many punches to the head. Who gives a fuk what he says. He wasn't relevant as a player and certainly isn't relevant now. GCG!

Posted (edited)

It is one thing to call Canucks Twitter a joke. We know they are full of clowns there but to call the team and organization a joke is crossing the line especially to a team that you broadcast games for. 

That comment is grounds for losing broadcast rights and sn must be in damage control now trying to salvage the relationship. 

This is going to cost rogers and sn a ton of money. Either they lose broadcast rights to arguably the 2nd largest market they have access to or have to pony up a whole lot more to mend things. Don't be surprised we will have tsn broadcast soon and even a building name change. 

Edited by 24K
  • Haha 1

Find it odd some people always have something to complain about - should be happy and focused on YOUR TEAM in the Cup final - instead looking at other avenues of discussion.  Pretty sure if Vancouver was in the final (actually I am definitely sure) - not all Canadians would be supportive of us. Same goes with the Leafs, Flames etc.

You choose the team you want to support - and stop worrying over small matters of trying to convince everyone to support just one team. Personally, I wish the Oilers best of luck but I am not the type to start painting my car blue / orange and honking away.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Gazdic anbused his position as a media member to retaliate from tweeter trolls he should have held himself to a better standard

while this is true he did not rant on the media or platform he uses for his workplace so, you won't see any form of discipline.

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

while this is true he did not rant on the media or platform he uses for his workplace so, you won't see any form of discipline.

Matters not where this idiot expressed his true feelings about his hatred of Vancouver and those who live here. He should be fired from the national broadcast. Booted to the curb. Axed. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

Bieksa and Gazdic need to fight on air now.

Juice outclasses Luke in every aspect of Hockey as a fan, as a player, as an analyst, as a media member / public figure and as a leader.

Probably in a classroom environment too.

He'd also beat the breaks off of him in a fight imo. Haha

Luke losing his composure over some online hate and losing awareness of what his role / job position is on TV Media is quite funny to me.

I think in the end him losing his composure validates some of the hate going his way.

And if he thinks Edmonton Oilers Twitter and Online fans are a touch of class I dont know what to say... There's awful voices online for anything and everything, you want to be a public figure on national tv and on twitter in pro sports... thick skin or quit..

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Matters not where this idiot expressed his true feelings about his hatred of Vancouver and those who live here. He should be fired from the national broadcast. Booted to the curb. Axed. 

They either give him one massive strike here or just toss him for next season.

There's a lot more ex players who would do a better job not just in the role but as a representation of the league.

I agree though if Im a SN exec I prolly toss him and replace him with someone better. I mean Landon Ferraro would be a big upgrade to him even imo so many options

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Dizzle said:

Friedman defending him on Donnie and Dahli was cringeworthy. Gadzic should be out of a job after that garbage. 

I think he knows Luke a lot better than us and is being a friend / colleague here.

He was honest he said he has to have thicker skin and learn from this.

What's he gonna do bury him and say hes trash? Then he looks bad too.

Friedman just being real and professional about it. ITs clear Luke messed up.

Whether SN gives him some rope and keeps him on now and next year will be interesting. I do personally think Luke isn't cut out for it and think he should do something else.

Even saying I dont know if Canucks fans will even hear this on the podcast just shows how out of touch he is. Literally a gap in games for sports media coverage... It was bound to spread like wild fire.. His little baby rant. lol

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Im sure hes commented on it to people that matter.

I dont think a single Canuck fan or player will ever like this guy ever again.

I think he has to do the whole corporate apology thing and get slapped with a warning from SN or hes done hes through. He aint cut out for it either way should look in the mirror and say Im Luke Gazdic I got dusted by Canucks Twitter Trolls.

• Cheers 2