Luke Gazdic Rant against Canucks and Twitter Trolls

Shekky

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Why does the hockey world hate Vancouver so bad, is it that they all have a variety of problems… or could it be something about the way we carry ourselves and behave? 

Canucks fans are loud and proud and other fan bases hate that, because they think we should only celebrate our team when we win the Cup. F them, we're all Canucks. 

Edited by Nucker67
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Why does the hockey world hate Vancouver so bad, is it that they all have a variety of problems… or could it be something about the way we carry ourselves and behave? 

Luke Gazdick is not "the hockey world".

I have friends who are Flames fans, TO fans (sorry), Detroit fans, etc.

In one breath you say "they" then switch it up to "we". So which is it, are you with us or against us?

Tired of hearing how awful we are here. We don't give a sh...so there's that. Funny how people from Alberta (etc) live here...if "we're" so bad are they just....stupid?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

This guy says my team is trash. He looks exactly like how he presents himself. Like a giant dbag.

447603801_10160953443730549_101852727070

He must hate that tie. I see a Canucks logo front and centre.

35 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

This guy says my team is trash. He looks exactly like how he presents himself. Like a giant dbag.

Kinda looks like every crack-head in Deadmonton that I've seen....

• Haha 2

Bias aside, I just don’t think he is really that good on TV. His voice is weak, he looks slouched over like he is taking a shit half the time. He’s not funny, he don’t say anything memorable, he is just there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Bias aside, I just don’t think he is really that good on TV. His voice is weak, he looks slouched over like he is taking a shit half the time. He’s not funny, he don’t say anything memorable, he is just there.

He’s been on 650 too and is awful on the radio. He’s got a very boring tone and seems disinterested. He must come cheap because he’s really bad. Add to that he’s a friggin’ moran! 

14 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I really don’t care about social media so don’t care about the secondary outrage from it. 
I have no problem having Hrudey cheering for Calgary, Gazdic for Edmonton, Bieksa for Van. It makes for a fun banter and it is a better representation of fandom.   Everyone is required to cheer for Toronto and Montreal, that is the nature of the media. 

I tend to agree....still, I think it was unprofessional of LG to go on air and slag the team itself, even to the point of misrepresenting how the series between the two teams went.

Case in point: John Garrett is a pretty big Canuck homer, but you'll never find any tape of him going on a rant against the Flames, or Kings....

• Vintage 3

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He’s been on 650 too and is awful on the radio. He’s got a very boring tone and seems disinterested. He must come cheap because he’s really bad. Add to that he’s a friggin’ moran! 

If someone is entertaining like Whit for example I’m all for it. I see nothing wrong with shit taking other teams on a platform. It makes it exciting. I just don’t love Luke’s tone and he just doesn’t have the charisma. I get that he is a national broadcaster and shouldn’t exhibit bias but even so, his biggest problem is that he sucks. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, Keslers Ghost said:

This is going to be a very unpopular take but I feel a bit bad for the guy. Twitter is toxic and he snapped in a very public and embarrassing way and has totally undermined his credibility which should not bode well for his career.

It may be that he apologizes on HNIC and that will be that, but I'm predicting he releases a written statement and then Ron will tell some folksy story on HNIC that ties in with people making mistakes and being better because of it.

At the end of the day, if he isn't fired than those who want blood can rest assured that he clearly was deeply affected and struggling enough mentally to go on a podcast and act that childishly. His points were so emotional and obviously unsubstantiated, if he really meant every word its pretty easy to shrug it off (though I don't think he did). It's also only going to get worse for him now.

The real play would be for Canucks fans to show an outpouring of support, not for his comments, but on mental health terms. Not that we need him, but the guy would become an allie for life, not to mention it would be great example of the real Canucks fans Elliotte was talking about.

Great point.

A flood of messages from Canuck fans telling Luke that they were sorry he was treated so poorly on Twitter, would show him what the fanbase is really like. It would also likely make him feel pretty lousy about what he said.

Piling on and/or calling for his firing would just confirm what he already thinks of us....

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Luke Gotshits is as boring and lifeless a personality as one can imagine. He was a forgettable player who got tuned by Sestito.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

It gets worse every time they have to break out the snow shovels....

I didn’t mind him on the broadcasts, and always thought he was fair towards the Canucks. I’m willing to give him a pass on this one as a one off that’s out of character for him. Some of those comments must have really got to him haha, must be tough having to deal with that. It will probably be worse for a bit now because he will get even more hate.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Great point.

A flood of messages from Canuck fans telling Luke that they were sorry he was treated so poorly on Twitter, would show him what the fanbase is really like. It would also likely make him feel pretty lousy about what he said.

Piling on and/or calling for his firing would just confirm what he already thinks of us....

Why would we do that without him apologizing to begin with. 

Doing so without him showing remorse would give him the impression that his takes are justified and it works. It will be negative reinforcement. 

You have to treat these people like your typical high school jocks and bully until shown otherwise.

26 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

I didn’t mind him on the broadcasts, and always thought he was fair towards the Canucks. I’m willing to give him a pass on this one as a one off that’s out of character for him. Some of those comments must have really got to him haha, must be tough having to deal with that. It will probably be worse for a bit now because he will get even more hate.

Why give him a pass without any apology? He crossed a hard line and has yet to say anything about it. 

He isn't remorseful cause anyone who did this out of a moment of rage would have already came out and apologized or at least addressed it at this point. The fact we are hearing silence from him indicates thisbis how he truly feels. 

23 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

I agree with your statement of one off. We will see what his response is. Needs time to mature as a media person , if he's allowed to.

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Why would we do that without him apologizing to begin with. 

Doing so without him showing remorse would give him the impression that his takes are justified and it works. It will be negative reinforcement. 

You have to treat these people like your typical high school jocks and bully until shown otherwise.

It's called "taking the high road"....

And I disagree with your assertion. I think it would demonstrate to him that he has mischaracterized the fanbase because of some Twitter trolls.

The fact that he hasn’t been told to apologize by those he reports to suggests to me that it will be addressed in a once and done manner on Saturday and nothing will be said until then as anything said would just add fuel to the discussion. 

Just now, RupertKBD said:

It's called "taking the high road"....

And I disagree with your assertion. I think it would demonstrate to him that he has mischaracterized the fanbase because of some Twitter trolls.

I am not saying go pile on. I say we ignore him until he demonstrate otherwise. Disengage as silence is death to media. 

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

The fact that he hasn’t been told to apologize by those he reports to suggests to me that it will be addressed in a once and done manner on Saturday and nothing will be said until then as anything said would just add fuel to the discussion. 

If he is told to apologize than it is not sincere. Major transgression like this need a written apology and not some halt hearted sorry on a broadcast. 

He can say whatever he wants about toxic Twitter users... it really can be a cesspool and I'm sure he read some pretty shitty comments. But he totally crossed the line with "your team is a joke". That's so incredibly biased, never mind untrue especially after this incredible season, that I can't ever enjoy a broadcast with him on the panel. Also, if I'm part of Canucks management, I'd be putting in a formal complaint because those kinds of comments reflect badly on the league. So unprofessional.

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

I am not saying go pile on. I say we ignore him until he demonstrate otherwise. Disengage as silence is death to media.

For sure. I totally get what you're saying....I just don't agree.

Make the first step. Otherwise, nothing happens, IMO.

1 minute ago, 24K said:

If he is told to apologize than it is not sincere. Major transgression like this need a written apology and not some halt hearted sorry on a broadcast. 

Of course if he apologizes it will be because he’s told to. If not an outright order, it would likely be highly recommended for the sake of his broadcasting career (i.e read between the lines Luke).

If it wasn’t a public apology and it was simply a written statement, people would brush it off as a ghost-written piece. Truth is - his public apology (if it happens) will be ghost written too. 

He made a mistake and how he handles it going forward will determine how I feel about him. He’s young and fresh to the broadcast game. He made the mistake of breaking the fourth wall. 

I personally don’t mind that he said what he did.