Luke Gazdic Rant against Canucks and Twitter Trolls

Shekky

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

For sure. I totally get what you're saying....I just don't agree.

Make the first step. Otherwise, nothing happens, IMO.

If he just commented on trolls or the fanbase then I can agree but the issue is he characterized the team as an organization as jokes.

Until he corrects that and soon, why should any self respecting Canucks fan shower him with apologies first. He needs to apologize soon cause waiting for hnic reeks of forced apology to salvage his career rather than genuine apology if done on his own initiative.

This ain't the old days where you need to wait for a platform.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

If he just commented on trolls or the fanbase then I can agree but the issue is he characterized the team as an organization as jokes.

Until he corrects that and soon, why should any self respecting Canucks fan shower him with apologies first. He needs to apologize soon cause waiting for hnic reeks of forced apology to salvage his career rather than genuine apology if done on his own initiative.

This ain't the old days where you need to wait for a platform.

I get where you're coming from. I just don't agree with you. Take the high road.

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Of course if he apologizes it will be because he’s told to. If not an outright order, it would likely be highly recommended for the sake of his broadcasting career (i.e read between the lines Luke).

If it wasn’t a public apology and it was simply a written statement, people would brush it off as a ghost-written piece. Truth is - his public apology (if it happens) will be ghost written too. 

He made a mistake and how he handles it going forward will determine how I feel about him. He’s young and fresh to the broadcast game. He made the mistake of breaking the fourth wall. 

I personally don’t mind that he said what he did. 

He need to do both. Have a written apology and then address it on broadcast. 

Issue is the long time gap between the comment and the broadcast if he is even gonna be on it. If hnic is like today then fine he can do only one. 

Also you don't mind him calling the whole Canucks team as an organization jokes? 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I get where you're coming from. I just don't agree with you. Take the high road.

'If they go low, we go high'

- Hillary Clinton. 

How did that work out?

Ignoring him is best. 

Edited by 24K

5 minutes ago, 24K said:

Issue is the long time gap between the comment and the broadcast if he is even gonna be on it. If hnic is like today then fine he can do only one. 

Also you don't mind him calling the whole Canucks team as an organization jokes? 

To be fair we were for a decade. 
‘It is just stupid to characterize a fan base based on some twitter trolls, then again I consider it stupid to be on twitter at all. 

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, 24K said:

- Hillary Clinton. 

How did that work out?

Ignoring him is best. 

We're wasting our time here. Agree to disagree.

Posted (edited)

What a whimp.

Why in hell would you care what random people online think?

I undestand, maybe if he was getting hate from high profile people. Those with millions of followers or other media types.

But he is triggered by avg twitter trolls? then goes on to blame the team and fans

Get another career. Thin skinned lad. 

i actaully thought he was ok too, but now he has generalised all of us so he can suck a fat...

Noticed he said 'we' when referring to the Oil too....you're not on the team right now bud. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, 24K said:

- Hillary Clinton. 

How did that work out?

Ignoring him is best. 

Hate to sound like a nerd but that's a Michelle Obama quote.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 24K said:

I wonder if we see a written apology released concurrently with his public apology perhaps.

I agree the time between is an issue. It’s probably worst case scenario for him timing-wise as he likely doesn’t want to further stir the pot but now it’s just festering with us fans online.

And I don’t like what he said about our fans and the team, but I value transparency/honesty over the pleasantries that attach to being a national broadcaster. If you hate our team, say it and say it clearly so that we can know exactly why we don’t agree with you. I would prefer that to the nonsense we see from media where it’s purportedly impartial. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Hate to sound like a nerd but that's a Michelle Obama quote.  

I think they both said it. It was a rallying cry during the 2016 election. Maybe Michelle said it first. 

Edited by 24K

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I wonder if we see a written apology released concurrently with his public apology perhaps.

I agree the time between is an issue. It’s probably worst case scenario for him timing-wise as he likely doesn’t want to further stir the pot but now it’s just festering with us fans online.

And I don’t like what he said about our fans and the team, but I value transparency/honesty over the pleasantries that attach to being a national broadcaster. If you hate our team, say it and say it clearly so that we can know exactly why we don’t agree with you. I would prefer that to the nonsense we see from media where it’s purportedly impartial. 

Fair enough but it also means we shouldn't see him on Canucks broadcasts moving forward.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I don't agree (at all) that it's a mental health thing.

I think it's arrogance and gloating. As others have said, it comes with the job to have to contend with comments that aren't always favourable on SM. My God, you should see the stuff we have to put up with here (as mods) at times. How you react is a choice and if he's suffering from mental health there's help out there. Step away and get some. But using that as an excuse does undermine the people with real MH issues (as someone pointed out). 

Deb I get your point.

While we all appreciate the job you do as mod here, I would be surprised if you’ve been subjected to abuse on the level this guy has. If you have than I’m sorry to hear that!

Your appraisal of whether it is truly a mental health issue is just as good as mine, a guess. I think it is given his bizarre rant. Agree to disagree.

To your other points, stepping away from your paying job to seek therapy may not be a clear option in the midst of it all.

How you react is not always a choice if you are struggling with mental health, that was my entire point, I think he snapped.

As 24k said, he needs to issuing a thorough apology and soon if he’s going to be given any benefit of the doubt. 

Edited by Keslers Ghost

12 minutes ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

AT FIRST I THOUGHT GAZ LOOKED OK..MOW THIS MAKES HIM LIKE HE IS AN AHL LEVEL PANEL GUY...HE WAS GOON THAT HAD NO SKILL.

He was so skilled, he made minor leaguer Brendan Gaunce seem like an first ballot Hall of Famer by comparison.🤣

The only jokes are a career AHL guy is on the panel and his definition of getting dusted is taking a borderline starting AHL goalie to a game 7 and most games were decided by 1 goal. They’re lucky we didnt have Demko and were missing Boeser for game 7.

19 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Should be fired for it but he won't be.  They allow this kind of thing when it comes to the Canucks.  Think back to McLean's tirade against Burrows.  It's an old boys club and we ain't in it.

IF he said this about the TML he would be fired already no...!?!?!?

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, 24K said:

- Hillary Clinton. 

How did that work out?

Ignoring him is best. 

One didn't become President.

One has 34 Felony Convictions and counting.

I agree with taking the high road. We do have some Canuck fans that make the rest of us look bad. But you'll find than on any social media.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

One didn't become President.

One has 34 Felony Convictions and counting.

I agree with taking the high road. We do have some Canuck fans that make the rest of us look bad. But you'll find than on any social media.

That’s the thing.

I’ve read really nasty stuff from all fanbases. Why we get singled out I’m not sure.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I used to get worked up about what other peeps said about my team, but things have changed.

I know we have a good team and I believe that this management and coaching staff have talent

and great history; they are a determined lot.

The Canucks came close to beating the Oilys; but for missing Demko, mia Petey and

Brock missing the final match.

I am proud of my team and look forward to the future seasons.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s the thing.

I’ve read really nasty stuff from all fanbases. Why we get singled out I’m not sure.

Think our lack of Canadians on our roaster throughout history is starting to show up with the media.

We don't see a lot of ex Canucks players in Canadian media compared to the like of the Oilers or Leafs. The number of Canadians we do have tend to avoid media post career and go 8bto coaching or management. It is a numbers game we are losing. 

That said, I expect going forward we would get better and balanced coverage from US with the amount of Americans we have we now have on the team. 

21 hours ago, Shekky said:

To me its pretty pathetic to see these twitter trolls. With that said though he goes off on the Canucks which have nothing to do with the situation at all but on top of that he is letting these twitter trolls get to him. Donnie and Dhali say it best in their response to it that he needs to get some thick skin in order to handle the pressure of it all. There are toxic fans on both sides Canucks just happen to have a much larger fan base then Oilers so your bound to have the fringes of twitter be this toxic towards you.

twitter itself is a cesspool of toxicity and no one should take it seriously.

When I saw the title, I came in to say basically this.

I have zero sympathy for the twits but the team didn’t need to catch those strays.  

So far we’ve had multiple current and past players take shots at the worst members of social media so it’s pretty hard to say Gazdic is wrong for ripping into them.  He probably shouldn’t because the negative attention fuels that nonsense.. but whatever.  

On ice product was something to be proud of, though.