Luke Gazdic Rant against Canucks and Twitter Trolls

Shekky

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

You can't? Why not?

It's a pretty simple question: What was it supposed to mean?

That shirt was sold by the Hurricane franchise themselves indicating that they and be extension the fanbase doesn't care if other think of them as jerks. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, 24K said:

That shirt was sold by the Hurricane franchise themselves indicating that they and be extension the fanbase doesn't care if other think of them as jerks. 

But the only one that called them a bunch of jerks was Don Cherry. The rest of the league didn't think they were jerks at all....

Just now, RupertKBD said:

But the only one that called them a bunch of jerks was Don Cherry. The rest of the league didn't think they were jerks at all....

No the rest of league did with their storm surge things that annoyed a lot of fanbases. 

• ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm not "planning" anything. I'm saying it would be a better look for Canuck fans to message LG and say "Hey Luke, sorry about the stuff some Canuck fans said to you. We're not all like that...but don't you think it's a bit unfair to say 'your team sucks', considering the team had nothing to do with it?"

As opposed piling on with the negative comments and calling for him to be fired from HNIC....

I feel like he'd be more likely to apologize in the first scenario than he would the second.

I'm discussing it here, couldn't be bothered to email hnic.

But no I won't apologize for someone else's behavior.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

No the rest of league did with their storm surge things that annoyed a lot of fanbases. 

That's not how I recall it. Most people thought it was fine. Cherry was the guy who didn't like it. The shirts wouldn't even be a thing without his comment.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm discussing it here, couldn't be bothered to email hnic.

But no I won't apologize for someone else's behavior.

Bang on Mr Long.

• Cheers 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

That's not how I recall it. Most people thought it was fine. Cherry was the guy who didn't like it. The shirts wouldn't even be a thing without his comment.

We are in the west far away from it. It definitely ruffled feathers over in the east. 

1 minute ago, 24K said:

We are in the west far away from it. It definitely ruffled feathers over in the east. 

Maybe you can provide some examples, because I never saw it. OTOH, I see people from other fanbases slagging Canuck fans all the time....

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Maybe you can provide some examples, because I never saw it. OTOH, I see people from other fanbases slagging Canuck fans all the time....

You care far too much about the opinions of strangers....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, filthy animal said:

Edmonton which is a 3rd rate city, with 3rd rate citizens. I guess insulting us is a new way of killing time for them since they are bored with fornicating with family members and farm animals. 

Tell us how you really feel, don’t hold anything back 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah I am with you on this one, I have never heard anyone else call them jerks, besides that one guy that wore most outlandish suits. Cherry made Liberace’s clothes look modest and subdued.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Hard to find examples for something from 6 years ago. 

To be fair it isn't a shit storm. Some were annoyed with it hence ruffled feathers. Probably more along the lines of poor sportsmanship or childish than jerks. 

Ah. Humans make mistakes. I think there should be consequences for his mistakes, and that consequence should be ironically removing him from the cup final panel after his rant on how we should enjoy seeing him on that panel. 

Don't take away his job, but that would teach him a surefire lesson and in my opinion satisfy both sides.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

Ah. Humans make mistakes. I think there should be consequences for his mistakes, and that consequence should be ironically removing him from the cup final panel after his rant on how we should enjoy seeing him on that panel. 

Don't take away his job, but that would teach him a surefire lesson and in my opinion satisfy both sides.

IMG_1062.jpeg

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

He has embarrassed himself beyond belief...

If you can't cope with the vile stench from certain parts of the public, then don't have a twitter account...

Everyone gets it on twitter... everyone...

He is a person in public life, an as such should be above this garbage... to slander the Canucks hockey team and organisation, because some (vast minority at that) 'fans' gave him vile stick, is nothing short of petty crap... I'm sure, when he lays at home with tears in his eyes, he will regret this... Just like I'm sure, the rest of his colleagues will be shaking their heads in disbelief, over the way he has acted...

I find it amazing, he would lower himself to slag off the Canucks team and organisation like this. I do hope the Canucks brass takes the high road...

But should he suddenly reappear, the fans should welcome him with a few chosen songs..... 'Gazdic is a wanker'.... springs to mind...

No need to suck up to that little man....  fuck him and and fuck the Oilers trash....

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1

Sportsnet responds. 

Sportsnet has kept mum about Gazdic’s comments to date, but they did respond to the fan’s email, sent to their customer support inbox.

“Luke is relatively new to broadcasting on the national stage, and having millions of people watching him every night comes with an elevated level of scrutiny. As Luke was preparing to appear on the podcast, he received vile, personal attacks toward himself and his family on social media. The content of these social comments was completely unacceptable and crossed a line,” the unsigned response read.

“Luke’s response on the podcast was an emotional one and he made the mistake of taking what some people said to him online and generalized about the entire Canucks fan base. He understands his conduct was inappropriate and we are confident it won’t happen again.”

A Sportsnet spokesperson confirmed that was an official network response.

Gazdic made regular appearances during the regular season on Canucks regional telecasts as well, as an in-game studio analyst during intermissions.

Whether he’ll continue in that role next season isn’t known.

“We’ll share our regional coverage plans before the start of next season,” Sportsnet spokesperson Jason Jackson replied in an email on Thursday in response to a question whether Gazdic will appear on Canucks regional telecasts in 2024-25.

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

I like Gazdic and thought he was doing well so this is disappointing. Personal attacks on Twitter are gutless so it's a shame he let it get to him. As far as the intermissions go, I watch them less and less and turn the channel quickly when I hear them going down the pom pom homerism wormholes.

Edited by Rekker
  • Cheers 1

How can someone even give feedback to sportsnet about their hockey coverage.  All I’ve ever been able to find is a snail mail address but my typewriter is broken. 

• Cheers 1