[Rumour] Ian Cole to hit the UFA market

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He was good here minus that series not sure why this needs further explanation

It needs further explanation.I would love if he played like shit all season,and show up in Edmonton series.We would still play now.

Didn’t mind Cole  during the season. thought he played well 

then the playoffs started and I wasn’t sure if he was on the oppositions team or the Canucks. 

His mistakes were all costly. 

Ok depth guy but better options should be easy to find. 

9 hours ago, Coryberg said:

He also revealed that cole suffered a cut to his ankle in game 2 of the oilers series. He played the final 5 games with 10 stitches on his ankle.

Thanks for the leadership and helping change the culture cole. Good luck on your next team...

https://youtu.be/oT15Gd81xa8?si=m8fTlRW2q165nxL1

seems people either didn't see this, or are ignoring it, or minimizing it.

Guy played well for the team, but is getting a bit too old for the role we need filled.

Best of luck to him on his next team- until he plays the Nucks,

13 minutes ago, Gurn said:

seems people either didn't see this, or are ignoring it, or minimizing it.

Guy played well for the team, but is getting a bit too old for the role we need filled.

Best of luck to him on his next team- until he plays the Nucks,

Given what we are paying others 3 mill is too much for #6 d

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Okay and if he doesnt hit his bonus…?

He wouldn't waste his time with an unattainable bonus. He would be looking for something like 1m contract with a 1.5m bonus for playing 20+ games.

Kind of like connor brown, he signed for 775,000 with the oilers but had a 3,225,000 bonus for making the 10 game threshold. This allowed the oilers to pay him 4 million but push most of it to next season.

• Cheers 1

The guy took a lot of heat these playoffs despite being pretty good overall.  Wrong price tag for us but I did not mind Cole at all.  He had a rough few games but he was unlucky too.  Not sure how Mik or Hogs didn't receive much heat from fans but Cole was the scapegoat.  

• Upvote 1

Was pretty solid For us all season, liked him and people keep saying he was playing injured during the edmonton series which would make sense, people turning on him after the playoffs, should simmer,  but if he's looking for a last contract type deal, we're better off using the farm or cheap depth, . Believe in JR/PA  and co personally. Excited and nervous for the off season. Hopefully make magic happen.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

The guy took a lot of heat these playoffs despite being pretty good overall.  Wrong price tag for us but I did not mind Cole at all.  He had a rough few games but he was unlucky too.  Not sure how Mik or Hogs didn't receive much heat from fans but Cole was the scapegoat.  

Get miks situation with Injurys but the contract is the only the head scratcher with the new mgt for me, like him as a player but AAV. 

- Was Hogs first playoffs and young, probs why he gets a half pass by posters.

- go panthers but if edmonton wins won't really care, guess only upside is it would be good to see the Cup back in canada, just there fan base n media will be in sufferable. Just praying for a good officiated series 

16 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

His age started to show late in the season. He did good work for Edmonton. But I blame coaching more than him. It was clear he needed to come out. People will bring up that one gaff by Juulsen. But Cole had 2 goals and 4 assists for Edmonton. Incredible secondary production. We should have sat him.

Deflections isn't a coaching issue, that's bad luck.    Juulsen or Cole, i'm guessing the coaching staff knows more than we do.   And why even go there (blame).     These coaches, were a massive reason we made the playoffs at all.    With the roster Allvin assembled, we were considered a bubble playoff team.   Zadorov and Lindholm, those adds helped us get within a goal from OT in game 7, in one of the best series the playoffs this year.   Don't think we need to hang our heads low at all, or blame anything. 

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

It needs further explanation.I would love if he played like shit all season,and show up in Edmonton series.We would still play now.

That isn't entirely on Cole and you know it, anyone claiming otherwise is being entirely unreasonable. 

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

That isn't entirely on Cole and you know it, anyone claiming otherwise is being entirely unreasonable. 

I understand what you are saying,but his mistakes are visible.More experienced you are,more you are judged .His age also is not on his side.More and more we are witnessing need for bigger,sharper  players.

11 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

I understand what you are saying,but his mistakes are visible.More experienced you are,more you are judged .His age also is not on his side.More and more we are witnessing need for bigger,sharper  players.

We lost in 1 game by 1 goal to put that all on him when star forward was invisible and our 3rd string goalie was in is flat out ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

We lost in 1 game by 1 goal to put that all on him when star forward was invisible and our 3rd string goalie was in is flat out ridiculous. 

Dont worry.Pettersson is judged same by me.I am not against Cole,but hes contract is done.I dont want him back for a money he will maybe command.Why would you blame me for wanting younger better player in stead of him.

19 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Dont worry.Pettersson is judged same by me.I am not against Cole,but hes contract is done.I dont want him back for a money he will maybe command.Why would you blame me for wanting younger better player in stead of him.

Show me where I have said that, all I said was he was good for us minus one series, I never even said I wanted him back. 

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Show me where I have said that, all I said was he was good for us minus one series, I never even said I wanted him back. 

Cmon man i am not here to argue,what you said or didn't say.If i quoted your post it doesn't mean you are wrong,or i have something against you.Its forum,everything is for debate.His time is up here