[Speculation] Jets Rumors: Nikolaj Ehlers Trade Chatter Heating Up 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

I don’t know why, but I just have a feeling Ehlers would be insane with Petey.  
Put them with a solid big boy and we have our second 1st line. 

Willing to part with Lekkeramaki/Willander and a 1st for him?

Edited by DeNiro

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Willing to part with Lekkeramaki/Willander and a 1st for him?

It wouldn’t cost that.  No one is giving them a top prospect and a 1st.  

I’d give them a 1st and a B prospect though. 
Maybe a 1st and 2nd

he has hit 61 points 2 times.  
He isn’t this 8 mill 2 1sts kinda guy.  
He is a 2nd line winger

Edited by D.B Cooper

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

It wouldn’t cost that.  No one is giving them a top prospect and a 1st.  

I’d give them a 1st and a B prospect though. 
Maybe a 1st and 2nd

he has hit 61 points 2 times.  
He isn’t this 8 mill 2 1sts kinda guy.  
He is a 2nd line winger

Guarantee a team is willing to pay that so good luck.

On 6/7/2024 at 12:32 PM, D.B Cooper said:

I don’t know why, but I just have a feeling Ehlers would be insane with Petey.  
Put them with a solid big boy and we have our second 1st line. 

His playoff disappearing concerns me great regular season player with Petey for sure 

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

His playoff disappearing concerns me great regular season player with Petey for sure 

They don’t even play ehlers on their first unit Pp 

I think it’s more of a system / stylistic fit there I think put on the right line in the right environment he could really flourish I like ehlers.

my biggest concern with him outside of his frame for playoff hockey is injuries, he seems to be more injury prone than you’d like for a top 6 forward. 1

• Cheers 1

NHL Trade Rumors: Islanders & Jets Discussing Nikolai Ehlers Trade

Shane Seney 

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

The Winnipeg Jets have been rumored to making Nikolaj Ehlers available this offseason and it sounds like there could be a deal coming very soon. The Jets are in talks with the New York Islanders and Ehlers is reportedly included.

According to sources via the Hockey News, the Isles have inquired on Ehler's price tag and are interested in adding the Danish speedster. Ehlers finished last season scoring 25 goals and adding 36 assists in 61 games. He has one season left on his current contract, making $6 million against the cap and does own a 10-team no-trade clause.

Ehlers mentioned at the end of the season there hadn't been any contract extension talks held with management and his reps and it appears the writing is on the wall. Ehlers has played his entire career with the Jets, after being selected with the ninth pick at the 2014 draft. 

Ehlers has appeared in 605 career NHL games, recording 201 goals and 457 points. He also has added 14 points in 37 Stanley Cup Playoff games.

The Jets are in the market for defensemen and have several pending free-agent forwards they'd like to bring back including Sean Monahan and Tyler Toffoli. Moving out Ehlers and his cap hit could be a great way to open up some more financial flexibility this summer for GM Kevin Cheveldayoff.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/06/nhl-trade-rumors-islanders-jets.html

NHL Trade Rumors: Nikolaj Ehlers Asking Price Revealed; 6 Potential Suitors

James Wilson 

Wednesday, June 12, 2024 

The Winnipeg Jets are actively exploring trade options for forward Nikolaj Ehlers, setting a high asking price for the talented winger. 

Known for his speed, scoring ability, and consistent offensive production, Ehlers has become a valuable asset on the trade market. 

With two years remaining on his contract at a $6 million annual cap hit, the Jets are seeking a significant return. Their demands include a top-four defenseman, or a package of a high draft pick and a promising young player or top prospect, as noted by Scott Billeckof the Winnipeg Sun and Murat Ates of The Athletic.

This past season, the 28-year-old recorded 25 goals and 36 assists for 61 total points across 82 games played.

Several teams have shown interest in Ehlers, recognizing the boost he could provide to their offensive lines. The Boston Bruins, looking to bolster their forward depth, and the Seattle Kraken, aiming to add a dynamic forward to their emerging roster, are among the top suitors. 

The Ottawa Senators, with their youthful core, see Ehlers as a key piece to enhance their competitiveness. Similarly, the Columbus Blue Jackets, in a rebuilding phase, view Ehlers as a player who could accelerate their progress. 

The Carolina Hurricanes, known for their analytical approach, and the New Jersey Devils, with a deep prospect pool, also find Ehlers an attractive option to strengthen their respective lineups.

As the NHL Draft approaches, trade talks are expected to intensify, with the Jets holding firm on their high asking price. The team is in a position to be patient, ensuring that any deal not only addresses their immediate needs but also sets them up for future success.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/06/nhl-trade-rumors-nikolaj-ehlers-asking.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2024 at 10:24 AM, RWJC said:

NHL Trade Rumors: Nikolaj Ehlers Asking Price Revealed; 6 Potential Suitors

James Wilson 

Wednesday, June 12, 2024 

The Winnipeg Jets are actively exploring trade options for forward Nikolaj Ehlers, setting a high asking price for the talented winger. 

Known for his speed, scoring ability, and consistent offensive production, Ehlers has become a valuable asset on the trade market. 

With two years remaining on his contract at a $6 million annual cap hit, the Jets are seeking a significant return. Their demands include a top-four defenseman, or a package of a high draft pick and a promising young player or top prospect, as noted by Scott Billeckof the Winnipeg Sun and Murat Ates of The Athletic.

This past season, the 28-year-old recorded 25 goals and 36 assists for 61 total points across 82 games played.

Several teams have shown interest in Ehlers, recognizing the boost he could provide to their offensive lines. The Boston Bruins, looking to bolster their forward depth, and the Seattle Kraken, aiming to add a dynamic forward to their emerging roster, are among the top suitors. 

The Ottawa Senators, with their youthful core, see Ehlers as a key piece to enhance their competitiveness. Similarly, the Columbus Blue Jackets, in a rebuilding phase, view Ehlers as a player who could accelerate their progress. 

The Carolina Hurricanes, known for their analytical approach, and the New Jersey Devils, with a deep prospect pool, also find Ehlers an attractive option to strengthen their respective lineups.

As the NHL Draft approaches, trade talks are expected to intensify, with the Jets holding firm on their high asking price. The team is in a position to be patient, ensuring that any deal not only addresses their immediate needs but also sets them up for future success.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/06/nhl-trade-rumors-nikolaj-ehlers-asking.html

Is Ehlers worth more than Horvat was?  Nope.   Isn't a center.   And is older.   He's a rental.    Who else could be rented this year is the market.   And this years UFA class kind of makes him a low priority.    He's a solid top six winger.   Winger.   Why does Ottawa consider him?  That's a weird one.   Their trade capital and cap would be best served looking for a number one goalie. 

Edited by IBatch
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I hope we steer well clear of any Ehlers deal.

Tofu as a consolation prize if we can't land JG? I guess if it's cheap and short? 

No thanks at his reported value, 6 x 3.    Nope nope nope no no no thanks.   Sure maybe at 4 x 2.    Like that's going to happen.    Don't see him as the "playoff warrior" both him and Pearson were "touted" as by some on this site, and also don't even understand why they earned or deserved that reputation either.    It's not like they drove the bus on those LA teams.   Just hung onto the coattails of others and enjoyed playing against weaker competition.   At least Pearson had a tiny bit of snarl (not a lot) to his game. 

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

No thanks at his reported value, 6 x 3.    Nope nope nope no no no thanks.   Sure maybe at 4 x 2.    Like that's going to happen.    Don't see him as the "playoff warrior" both him and Pearson were "touted" as by some on this site, and also don't even understand why they earned or deserved that reputation either.    It's not like they drove the bus on those LA teams.   Just hung onto the coattails of others and enjoyed playing against weaker competition.   At least Pearson had a tiny bit of snarl (not a lot) to his game. 

4x2 was exactly what I was thinking, one year at 5 maybe 

Small, more playmaker than scorer and would mean we need to find another PF other than the 2 we are already short for Tocch’s system. 
We need a scorer and he is a decent one but I am not sure a great fit. 

I think he could be dynamite with Petey, but not sure he'd fit Tocchet hockey... although he has only played for Jets and they've always played a kind of hard-nosed hockey... But think he would be a good complement to Petey... Definitely better than some of the dross Petey has had to make do with.