US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

51 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

According to the article I read the suit was filed by 4 Republicans and 2 Independents.....:classic_unsure:

https://www.courthousenews.com/republican-voters-file-suit-to-keep-trump-off-colorados-primary-ballot/

Like I've said before, Trump is a hemorrhoid on the GOP's ass.  The main party wants Nikki Haley as their nominee.  Funny how DeSantis fizzled out.

As for the Independent voters, they're like plaintiffs in a class-action lawsuit.  Technically they are the ones suing, but they sure aren't the ones funding the lawsuit.  In the US, you need "standing" in order to bring a lawsuit into court.  Those voters have standing, The RNC and DNC do not have it in state court.

Edited by Sabrefan1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Firstly, the lack of self awareness of someone cheerleading for Trump and then stating that someone else lacks the "credentials" to be president is a bit laughable.....

Secondly, it you want to be taken seriously when you comment, you should skip the bullshit conspiracy theories:

Many are suggesting, without evidence, that Tafari Campbell died under questionable circumstances, claiming he knew how to swim and was in calm, shallow water. Others are sharing patently untrue statements, such as that he was found with head injuries or was equipped with a life vest.

But Massachusetts authorities confirmed on Wednesday that Campbell didn’t suffer any head trauma, nor was he wearing a life vest, and there’s no evidence the death was suspicious. They said he lost his balance while standing on his paddleboard and struggled to stay afloat when he fell into the water. Water safety experts also stressed that even strong swimmers can drown, regardless of the type of water they’re in.

https://apnews.com/article/obama-chef-drowning-marthas-vineyard-paddleboard-fact-check-d4f16bea75238408942af34bb53c6579

Why was he swimming in a pond that was only a couple feet deep, how the hell did he drown?

7 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Why was he swimming in a pond that was only a couple feet deep, how the hell did he drown?

He wasn't swimming.

He was paddle boarding and likely fell off the board, hit his head, went unconscious and drowned.

Or he flat out couldn't swim, thought himself safe on the paddle board and found out the hard way that he wasn't safe, after falling off.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

CNN International is still respected in most of the rest of the Western and other parts in world so that doesn't surprise me. 

The CNN here in the US has prioritized viewership for profits like any other US corporate division.  Same as everyone other newsroom now that they are corporate controlled. 

Problem is that they aren't trusted or liked as much in the US as they once were.

OK.  I just checked out of curiosity, the most visited websites in the US.  CNN is the top news website here too.  I've got some rethinking and research to do.  How are they bottom 2 in viewers on TV but so visited on the web...

Paid bots, twitter was rife with them before Elon cleaned it up. Easiest trick in the book, i used to get solicited daily from music promotion companies. They sell likes, views and comments, thats how they trick the alga-rythym. That why music is so terrible today and why CNN has those numbers on the internet but not on cable TV.

It's how the payola scam works on the internet too. The Payola scam was the record labels paying the radio stations to play their music ten times a day. The internet is no different. What some sites do is hire people to listen to your stuff so it bumps your alga-rythym. They also get paid, its crazy.

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

He wasn't swimming.

He was paddle boarding and likely fell off the board, hit his head, went unconscious and drowned.

Or he flat out couldn't swim, thought himself safe on the paddle board and found out the hard way that he wasn't safe, after falling off.

Still an odd story, much like that Hunter fellow.

Maybe he was drunk and decided he was a paddle border, who knows? The Clintons seem to have dozens of these accidents occur around them too. Pelosi's were involved in some weird love triangle with that guy that broke in. Why are they all so whacko?

20 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Paid bots, twitter was rife with them before Elon cleaned it up. Easiest trick in the book, i used to get solicited daily from music promotion companies. They sell likes, views and comments, thats how they trick the alga-rythym. That why music is so terrible today and why CNN has those numbers on the internet but not on cable TV.

It's how the payola scam works on the internet too. The Payola scam was the record labels paying the radio stations to play their music ten times a day. The internet is no different. What some sites do is hire people to listen to your stuff so it bumps your alga-rythym. They also get paid, its crazy.

Clearly you are less tricked than the  algorithm was. Shine on you crazy diamond. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I really really really hope that's not the case.  That would be a sad move on CNN's part if those clicks were bought.  🙁

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

CNN International is still respected in most of the rest of the Western and other parts in world so that doesn't surprise me. 

The CNN here in the US has prioritized viewership for profits like any other US corporate division.  Same as everyone other newsroom now that they are corporate controlled. 

Problem is that they aren't trusted or liked as much in the US as they once were.

OK.  I just checked out of curiosity, the most visited websites in the US.  CNN is the top news website here too.  I've got some rethinking and research to do.  How are they bottom 2 in viewers on TV but so visited on the web...

Along with that, 4 of the top 5 would be considered left leaning by republican standards. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Clearly you are less tricked than the  algorithm was. Shine on you crazy diamond. 

Don't believe me? I'm followed by Force Promo Agency, Jaywan inc, Download Radio, Plan A Radio, Lowhop records, Stubenmusic studio, Space Is The Palace Radio and my music has been liked and retweeted by them. I've had my music played on FM radio in England yet i have no official release yet. They sent me a direct message telling me to send them specific songs i posted on X. Thats why i like Elon Musk and X. Also Shape records out of NY just sent me a direct message offering me a spot on their spotify playlist. I haven't monitored any of it yet.

I've had Mark Stewart (Pop Group/On U Sound), Skiz (Wordsound) and Awol One like and retweet my music. I would tag them when i posted a new one.

These are the three that were played on the late night FM station out of Barlow and Furnace England, Space Is The Place. All still unreleased officially.

I made the vids too, did it all. One of the best to always do it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Don't believe me? I'm followed by Force Promo Agency, Jaywan inc, Download Radio, Plan A Radio, Lowhop records, Stubenmusic studio, Space Is The Palace Radio and my music has been liked and retweeted by them. I've had my music played on FM radio in England yet i have no official release yet. They sent me a direct message telling me to send them specific songs i posted on X. Thats why i like Elon Musk and X. Also Shape records out of NY just sent me a direct message offering me a spot on their spotify playlist. I haven't monitored any of it yet.

I'm not in the music business now but I've been there and I know it's nothing but sharks and piranhas. Good luck to you.  That's not why I posted though.  

I think these recent posts contain all kinds of stuff I strongly disagree with.  I just had to point that out and couldn't stay quiet.   We probably shouldn't debate it though as I can't see it getting anybody anywhere.  

So, that's it.   The next time you'll hear from me is when I'm leaving a positive rep on one of your posts.  Keep on drumming and watch out for piranhas.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I'm not in the music business now but I've been there and I know it's nothing but sharks and piranhas. Good luck to you.  That's not why I posted though.  

I think these recent posts contain all kinds of stuff I strongly disagree with.  I just had to point that out and couldn't stay quiet.   We probably shouldn't debate it though as I can't see it getting anybody anywhere.  

So, that's it.   The next time you'll hear from me is when I'm liking one of your posts.  Keep on drumming and watch out for piranhas.

Thank you, very much.

What was it that Q Tip said? Rule # 1080 Record Company people are shady !! True.

I feel the same, i have no hard feelings at all with any one in this thread. I said what i said, i could be wrong. I'm open to new information. 

Politics is good to talk about once in awhile but i find it too polarized these days. I enjoy the music threads the most, i don't want to be perceived as troll either. Also if i were to vote in the US it would be for RFK jr.

Cheers, bud !!

2 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

I'm sure the Youtube channel ...or the Xitter account you've been watching will give you all the "answers" you need.....:classic_rolleyes:

One thing I know for sure: Michelle Obama didn't hold his head under until he drowned, so your point remains as dumb as it gets....

3 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Like I've said before, Trump is a hemorrhoid on the GOP's ass.  The main party wants Nikki Haley as their nominee.  Funny how DeSantis fizzled out.

As for the Independent voters, they're like plaintiffs in a class-action lawsuit.  Technically they are the ones suing, but they sure aren't the ones funding the lawsuit.  In the US, you need "standing" in order to bring a lawsuit into court.  Those voters have standing, The RNC and DNC do not have it in state court.

C'mon brother, they've got preparation H for ones roids. 

Even a rose scented version

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm sure the Youtube channel ...or the Xitter account you've been watching will give you all the "answers" you need.....:classic_rolleyes:

One thing I know for sure: Michelle Obama didn't hold his head under until he drowned, so your point remains as dumb as it gets....

She could have though, with her immense butt cheeks. You must concede that.

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit....but was she wearing gloves?

Edited by Rob Eh
hemmorhoids
  • Cheers 1

On 11/15/2023 at 1:55 PM, RupertKBD said:

I wanna see one of him visiting Philly....

There's not enough AA batteries on Earth to satisfy the city of Philadelphia's bloodlust.

On 11/15/2023 at 2:46 PM, nuckin_futz said:

I suspect Marge's mother closed her eyes and imagined it was another baby latched on when she was nursing.

12 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Still an odd story, much like that Hunter fellow.

Not really, few years back in Louisiana 1 Black teenager went into water, 5 of his friends jumped to save him.

All 6 drowned because they didn’t know how to swim.

Of all the races in the U.S, Black people have the least amount of people that know how to swim.

Some of Tafari’s instagram post years before he drowned indicated that he just recently learned how to swim.

• Cheers 2