US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

39 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Why don't you actually post the truth of how the conversation went down?

Trump interpreted Judge Engoron's statements regarding transactions prior to 2014 were to be out of the case.  Trump then cut into his lawyer's comment to CLAIM that it amounted to "about 80% of the case". 

As we all know, Trump has always inflated EVERYTHING and lies with impunity. There has been NO word from the judge about dropping Trump's asserted "80% of the case". Liars gonna lie to try and look good...

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Trump interpreted Judge Engoron's statements regarding transactions prior to 2014 were to be out of the case.  Trump then cut into his lawyer's comment to CLAIM that it amounted to "about 80% of the case". 

As we all know, Trump has always inflated EVERYTHING and lies with impunity. There has been NO word from the judge about dropping Trump's asserted "80% of the case". Liars gonna lie to try and look good...

I'll look and see what I can confirm.  Mainstream news is slow to report on Trump news that isn't negative for him.

Although I also doubt it was as high as 80% or the MSM would be having kittens and puppies all over the place after the ruling.

I was hoping to take the lazy way out and let others do the searching.  😂

• Like 1

North Dakota state senator, his wife and 2 kids killed in Utah plane crash

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A state senator from North Dakota, his wife and their two young children died when the small plane they were traveling in crashed soon after a refueling stop in Utah, a Senate leader said Monday.

Doug Larsen’s death was confirmed Monday in an email that Republican Senate Majority Leader David Hogue sent to his fellow senators and was obtained by The Associated Press. 

The plane crashed Sunday evening shortly after taking off from Canyonlands Airfield about 15 miles (24 kilometers) north of the desert recreation town of Moab, according to a Grand County Sheriff’s Department statement posted on Facebook. The sheriff’s office said the senator was the pilot and all four people on board the plane were killed. 

“Senator Doug Larsen, his wife Amy, and their two young children died in a plane crash last evening in Utah,” Hogue wrote in his email. “They were visiting family in Scottsdale and returning home. They stopped to refuel in Utah.”

• Sad 3

47 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Yeah I was watching it on the news and the graphic I saw started with 2013 and went literally all the way to 2022, so 2 of 9 are I guess excluded due to the statute of limitations, although I am unsure that is what the judge said or meant, it appears to me that about 22% of the case might be excluded from punishment, but te facts from those years are still the facts. FRAUDSTER GONNA LIE, WATER STILL WET, WIND IS GUSTY, FILM AT 11.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Yeah I was watching it on the news and the graphic I saw started with 2013 and went literally all the way to 2022, so 2 of 9 are I guess excluded due to the statute of limitations, although I am unsure that is what the judge said or meant, it appears to me that about 22% of the case might be excluded from punishment, but te facts from those years are still the facts. FRAUDSTER GONNA LIE, WATER STILL WET, WIND IS GUSTY, FILM AT 11.

Glad you can report on it because I cannot find anything on it.

Maybe the reporters from each side of the political spectrum are waiting for their marching orders on how exactly to report on it.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Glad you can report on it because I cannot find anything on it.

Maybe the reporters from each side of the political spectrum are waiting for their marching orders on how exactly to report on it.

I just happened to be watching it live on the air on a couple channels. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'll look and see what I can confirm.  Mainstream news is slow to report on Trump news that isn't negative for him.

Although I also doubt it was as high as 80% or the MSM would be having kittens and puppies all over the place after the ruling.

I was hoping to take the lazy way out and let others do the searching.  😂

This was mainstream media reporting on it.

Fox is one of the big 4 networks.....

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

North Dakota state senator, his wife and 2 kids killed in Utah plane crash

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A state senator from North Dakota, his wife and their two young children died when the small plane they were traveling in crashed soon after a refueling stop in Utah, a Senate leader said Monday.

Doug Larsen’s death was confirmed Monday in an email that Republican Senate Majority Leader David Hogue sent to his fellow senators and was obtained by The Associated Press. 

The plane crashed Sunday evening shortly after taking off from Canyonlands Airfield about 15 miles (24 kilometers) north of the desert recreation town of Moab, according to a Grand County Sheriff’s Department statement posted on Facebook. The sheriff’s office said the senator was the pilot and all four people on board the plane were killed. 

“Senator Doug Larsen, his wife Amy, and their two young children died in a plane crash last evening in Utah,” Hogue wrote in his email. “They were visiting family in Scottsdale and returning home. They stopped to refuel in Utah.”

Saw this earlier today....

Just awful news....:classic_sad:

19 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

This was mainstream media reporting on it.

Fox is one of the big 4 networks.....

I was on Foxnews checking.  I only saw a small blurb about it on a copy of their live coverage about today's proceedings.  It was lacking on details. 

I want to know the numbers, how it changes what's being prosecuted, etc, etc.

I can't even find someone reporting whether Letitia James talked to reporters after the proceedings were over.

11 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I was on Foxnews checking.  I only saw a small blurb about it on a copy of their live coverage about today's proceedings.  It was lacking on details. 

I want to know the numbers, how it changes what's being prosecuted, etc, etc.

I can't even find someone reporting whether Letitia James talked to reporters after the proceedings were over.

Just a guess, but it could be that Bone Spurs is making more out of it that there really is....

....as hard as such a thing is to imagine....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Vote happens by Wednesday.   Popcorn time

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/rep-matt-gaetz-triggers-vote-oust-kevin-mccarthy-speakers-office-rcna118112

Rep. Matt Gaetz triggers vote to oust Kevin McCarthy from speaker's office

Gaetz, a Florida Republican, is a conservative bomb thrower and top Trump ally on Capitol Hill. The House must vote this week on whether to keep McCarthy as speaker.

26 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Vote happens by Wednesday.   Popcorn time

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/rep-matt-gaetz-triggers-vote-oust-kevin-mccarthy-speakers-office-rcna118112

Rep. Matt Gaetz triggers vote to oust Kevin McCarthy from speaker's office

Gaetz, a Florida Republican, is a conservative bomb thrower and top Trump ally on Capitol Hill. The House must vote this week on whether to keep McCarthy as speaker.

Oh wow I was reading about this potentially happening this morning. I assumed it was just a wild story. Exciting times. Serious in- fighting ahead?

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh wow I was reading about this potentially happening this morning. I assumed it was just a wild story. Exciting times. Serious in- fighting ahead?

Well, it took 15 votes for McCarthy to become Speaker.  I'm surprised he lasted this long.

They kicked the can down the block and only have less than 45 days before a shutdown in mid November.   Should be an interesting month.

3 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Well, it took 15 votes for McCarthy to become Speaker.  I'm surprised he lasted this long.

They kicked the can down the block and only have less than 45 days before a shutdown in mid November.   Should be an interesting month.

That would have been so embarrassing. Like wtf is wrong with you 15 votes..they don't want you give up. They'll rip the whole party apart.

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Just a guess, but it could be that Bone Spurs is making more out of it that there really is....

....as hard as such a thing is to imagine....

Anything that he can have thrown out gives his lawyers more time to attack what remains.  It's like getting summary judgment on a criminal case.  The more cases that you can have thrown out, the better the chances that you have of a much better outcome.

If you get DWI, public intoxication, and resisting arrest charges, and the resisting arrest charge is tossed on summary judgment, your lawyer will have an easier chance of crafting you a proper defense to beat the remaining 2 charges.

I seriously doubt it's anywhere near 80%, but even 30% would be a major victory for him and his lawyers.

Personally, I think that judge is weird and is loving the attention, so this will likely get stretched out.  As far as I can tell, he was all but forced by higher courts to drop the cases that he did.  At least that's the impression that I got from what little I could find about it.

8 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nah.  Just an angry group wanting as much attention as they can get.

McCarthy will weather the storm.  When Gaetz was gavelled in to read his motion into the record, the guy who did it was pretty snide with him.

Gaetz should be more careful.  The party has been shielding him from consequences for the things that he's under investigation for.  If even one of those things slips through, McCarthy will no doubt get enough votes from his party as well as the Democrats to meet the 2/3 threshold for removal from his seat.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

I'm endorsing RFK jr, not Trump but this is an excellent song. Even if you don't like Trump, if this song doesn't make you cry, you aren't human. 

Sweet Jesus That’s some big circle jerk all up in that mofo. 

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

That part is f**ked up, i admit but as far as melodies, harmonies and music timing goes, the song is great. Just listen to the harmonies.

Um... You recognize this is based on music from Rent? You know, the musical that is antithetical to everything the MAGA crowd believes in?

Musically the song is ok, lyrically this parody is trash