US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

35 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

And who benefits from this take?

Incumbents.  It's basically saying that nothing will change, so why bother.  That benefits the incumbent more so than anyone challenging them.  I mean, something like 90% of the time the incumbent wins under normal circumstances.

So it would seem that Canuckle loves them some decrepit ole senile incumbent career politician whose been elected multiple times.

29 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

I mean, something like 90% of the time the incumbent wins under normal circumstances.

In the US Senate the incumbent, if they dont' die of old age, wins re-election almost every time.

in 2022 100% of US Senators facing an election won their seats again.

in the House 94.5% of congress held their seats.

• Thanks 1

The anger and hatred brought on by militant groups and the elite in the USA has the population vibrating in anger. Anger at everything.

When trump gets elected as president of the USA when he is in jail, that will begin the next US civil war...

Either that or a China/US war in 2025 sure seems like it is inevitable.

I said in 2015/2016 that Trump winning would enflame the nation.  Embolden the extremists and the loudest minority extreme tea party members and fringe idiots in power to action.

That this would create infighting and endless conflict in the GOP.  Eventually leading to the failing of the party as the most vocal recieved and inordinate amount of power for their groups leaving the moderates and quiet groups to just accept it to hold on to power.

Kinda looking more and more like it's happening in real time.  The fractured party and the eventual end of the GOP as it exists today

• Vintage 2

Just now, Mac said:

The anger and hatred brought on by militant groups and the elite in the USA has the population vibrating in anger. Anger at everything.

When trump gets elected as president of the USA when he is in jail, that will begin the next US civil war...

Either that or a China/US war in 2025 sure seems like it is inevitable.

I honestly don't think Trump should ever go to jail, the unfortunate thing is I believe he senses that the entire principle of Democracy also supports his never going to jail and so he has no problem criming away for financial benefit and power gains. I think that is why the trial he was at yesterday is civil and not criminal in nature. they can fine him and dissolve his dealings in New York without jailing him. I fully believe he has been criming in many ways for a very long time. I just don't think a major democracy can be seen jailing a 'political adversary'. Putin will say that the 450 or so of his political prisoners are just like trump is to biden. 

Unfortunately we are at a point in history where the western democracy/capitalist system is failing at the same time the only persons running for office are corrupt (sure 1 or 2 may not be).

Biden and trump are equally corrupt. The far left and far right are equally militant. The center has almost disappeared making individuals pick a side that more closely fits with their beliefs.

So as a group we try to continue to and improve society where we fight all the elites constantly trying to institute more crap that just serves them and knocks the other 99% of us down. 

Interesting times...I wonder if the end of Rome was similar lol.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I honestly don't think Trump should ever go to jail, the unfortunate thing is I believe he senses that the entire principle of Democracy also supports his never going to jail and so he has no problem criming away for financial benefit and power gains. I think that is why the trial he was at yesterday is civil and not criminal in nature. they can fine him and dissolve his dealings in New York without jailing him. I fully believe he has been criming in many ways for a very long time. I just don't think a major democracy can be seen jailing a 'political adversary'. Putin will say that the 450 or so of his political prisoners are just like trump is to biden. 

I still think that it's more dangerous to not hold him accountable for his domestic terrorism and crimes against humanity. 

• Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

This is a conspiracy that I can get behind.  Is Meatball Ron wearing lifts.  Wearing a mans version of high heels?  

Questions 

RDT_20231003_1138267140838428721343459.jpg

I mean I don't think I would have ever caught this, but now that you did what the hell are on his feet? 🤣

• Cheers 1

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Bruce there it is ....................

Omg that would be absolutely hilarious to see him in jail. I have an honest question. Is the United States even a country or is it just a hilarious soap opera? between Biden NeverEnding gaffes and Trump potentially in jail. I need to make more popcorn and wait for the end of it the sh!t show!

39 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I said in 2015/2016 that Trump winning would enflame the nation.  Embolden the extremists and the loudest minority extreme tea party members and fringe idiots in power to action.

That this would create infighting and endless conflict in the GOP.  Eventually leading to the failing of the party as the most vocal recieved and inordinate amount of power for their groups leaving the moderates and quiet groups to just accept it to hold on to power.

Kinda looking more and more like it's happening in real time.  The fractured party and the eventual end of the GOP as it exists today

All you do is parrot CNN.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Mac said:

Unfortunately we are at a point in history where the western democracy/capitalist system is failing at the same time the only persons running for office are corrupt (sure 1 or 2 may not be).

Biden and trump are equally corrupt. The far left and far right are equally militant. The center has almost disappeared making individuals pick a side that more closely fits with their beliefs.

So as a group we try to continue to and improve society where we fight all the elites constantly trying to institute more crap that just serves them and knocks the other 99% of us down. 

Interesting times...I wonder if the end of Rome was similar lol.

Yes, Rome was similar. The elected officials became so used to lying , they did it endlessly.

The people lost all faith in their elected officials and Rome fell from within.