US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You're missing the point

People claimed Biden would do nothing.  That cancelling the wall was bad.  I don't like the wall idea, it's a waste of $

But instead he's still doing it in some fashion.  yet the people who wanted it and said he'd cancel it are not saying how good it is he's still engaging in it.

The ability for people to refuse to credit others for what they wanted the whole time is fun.

Don't forget, I don't like either of these two or their parties.  Pointing out hypocrisy is a joy

I'm not missing the point at all. I don't remember it being that big of a deal other than those on the left constantly calling him a racist for doing it. I would imagine those on the right would have been disappointed because he never even got it done. Who are all these people that said Biden's a clown because he's not going to do it. I guess that's what I'm asking for. You're saying there's a bunch of people and prominent ones at that. I'm just asking who they are. Between the two of them at this rate building that wall it'll be done by the year 2090

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

National divorce sounds funny. Who comes up with these terms?

She said deprogramming of the cult members in that clip....that sounds bad, but a far cry from Re-education Camps. I dont usually watch videos but i had to see if she actually said they should be rounding up Trump supporters and putting them the into camps.

She didn't.

How does "de-programming" non-consenting people work then exactly? (a) what does "de-program" mean precisely? (b) how exactly do you go about initiating it? (c) what happens if the population your trying to "de-program" isn't interested in going along with whatever the means are? 

National Divorce isn't unprecedented or sheer lunacy. 

Not too long after the Velvet Revolution the former Czechoslovakia peacefully separated into Slovakia or the Czech Republic, for example. That was 1992, not long ago. 

Why continue on with populations that are actively hostile to each other & entirely irreconcilable.

1 hour ago, Calamity K said:

National divorce sounds good to you, but not to her. Controlling you is her raison d'etre, why would she let you go?

First off Im not an American or a Trump supporter. And secondly the ruling class in the USA wouldn't, they'd fight against it.

But according to a recent poll nearly one in four americans would support it. So it's gaining steam.

And again the question remains, if large segments of the population are irreconcilably divided on culture & values, why continue to fight to impose on each other when people could just have what they want in their own state.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Imagine after recovering from being a crack or meth addict & homeless to building a hugely successful multi-million dollar business (a real legitimate success story) to throwing it all away from Donald (who could give two sh*ts about you now).

Fox News is taking a hit as well.  This guy was a major sponsor/ad-partner for them.

He couldn't resist playing politics and it has cost him just about everything he worked for.  Lying and hurting other people and their businesses has consequences.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

How does "de-programming" non-consenting people work then exactly? (a) what does "de-program" mean precisely? (b) how exactly do you go about initiating it? (c) what happens if the population your trying to "de-program" isn't interested in going along with whatever the means are? 

National Divorce isn't unprecedented or sheer lunacy. 

Not too long after the Velvet Revolution the former Czechoslovakia peacefully separated into Slovakia or the Czech Republic, for example. That was 1992, not long ago. 

Why continue on with populations that are actively hostile to each other & entirely irreconcilable.

I dunno, she didn't say camps. That's all I was pointing out. She said formal deprogamming. Not foced re-education camps. If you dont see the difference then I dont know what to say. 

I never said National divorce was unprecedented or lunacy or anything other than...that the term sounds silly.

Anyway, As for your last sentence I think the trouble has just gotten so loud  (GVF) . Mostly due to the internet and the politicians of today.  

I still believe the majority of people sit somewhere in the middle. 

• Cheers 1

Some real talk about Joe Biden's "failed policies".....

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/stocks-flip-to-big-gains-after-jobs-report-surprise-stock-market-news-today-160647856.html

Stocks rose on Friday, coming back from losses after a stronger-than-forecast US jobs report boosted expectations that the Federal Reserve will hike interest rates again.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) was up almost 1%, or about 300 points, as all the major stock gauges emerged from the red. The S&P 500 (^GSPC) was also up 1%, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite (^IXIC) gained around 1.3%.

The September jobs data did not show the signs of cooling in the labor market that were forecast. The US economy added 336,000 jobs in September, almost twice the number expected. That could give the Fed more evidence that the labor market remains strong, making the case for a more restrictive policy for longer.

Friday's data is the last key payrolls report before the central bank's next policy meeting.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

This whole national divorce crap is just that crap.

There are lots of QOP supporters in states like California and New York, and lots of Dems in places like Alabama.   People pushing this idea are morons.

Yep. Lots of Democrats live in the big cities of deep Red states....

It's why Georgia Republican attempts at voter suppression are mainly concentrated in Fulton County....

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Fox News is taking a hit as well.  This guy was a major sponsor/ad-partner for them.

He couldn't resist playing politics and it has cost him just about everything he worked for.  Lying and hurting other people and their businesses has consequences.

It goes to the elite grifting skills Donald has.  Sure people have to be responsible for their own actions but 'I plead the fifth 400+ times' does have that ability to sucker people to disregard how awful an businessman he is as well as horrible human being.  A guy born on third base & walked home was Donald's upbringing.

• Thanks 1

I love how idiots like Gutfield call anyone who doesn’t agree with their unhinged viewpoint “naive” . Then when you push back they call you “beyond naive”. 

The system is “broken” because they do everything in their power to make it so. Just like children who break all their toys and then cry that they have no toys. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

56 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Apparently this is a 'smash' hit and Itunes has "shadow banned" it. According to this loon.

Just another “talented” member of the Trump family. I swear that they have a future in television. Maybe doing something along the lines of SCTV.

They could bring in others such as Boobert and Butthead. It would help pay some of the legal bills.

Just now, PistolPete13 said:

Just another “talented” member of the Trump family. I swear that they have a future in television. Maybe doing something along the lines of SCTV.

They could bring in others such as Boobert and Butthead. It would help pay some of the legal bills.

So funny you mention SCTV. Colbert did a segment on her last night and the first thing that came to mind was Tex and Edna Boil…

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

So funny you mention SCTV. Colbert did a segment on her last night and the first thing that came to mind was Tex and Edna Boil…

Exactly what I was thinking. Andrea Martin would have done an amazing job, portraying Boobert. 

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The exact same as denazification in Germany after WWII.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

That's good news for Americans. Their previous president as well had near record level Lows of unemployment but unless I'm confused I don't ever recall you posting that.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

It goes to the elite grifting skills Donald has.  Sure people have to be responsible for their own actions but 'I plead the fifth 400+ times' does have that ability to sucker people to disregard how awful an businessman he is as well as horrible human being.  A guy born on third base & walked home was Donald's upbringing.

I don't think Donald Trump was particularly personally close to this guy except when he threw whatever PAC money he could Donald's way.  Donald Trump is not the only politician to grift in that manner.  Ever single politician, without exception, is that way.  They spend a good portion of their day grifting for cash over the phone.  Both the DNC and RNC keep records of cash given and how many hours are spent by each congressperson raising these funds through begging.

Give enough money, and they'll even arrange phone calls with a sitting president if their party has the White House. 

That's how these people spend hundreds of millions on presidential campaigns and then spend hundreds of millions collectively on House and Senate races.

All with the complete blessing of the Supreme Court over the years and it's asinine rulings on campaign finance.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's good news for Americans. Their previous president as well had near record level Lows of unemployment but unless I'm confused I don't ever recall you posting that.

Neither of them are near record low levels of unemployment. This President has been at these numbers for about 18 months that's way longer than the previous guy.

This job growth is rather impressive in the face of 5.5% interest rates. The previous guy achieved it with 0% rates. 5.5% interest rates should have slowed this economy by now but it remains resilient.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

Neither of them are near record low levels of unemployment. This President has been at these numbers for about 18 months that's way longer than the previous guy.

This job growth is rather impressive in the face of 5.5% interest rates. The previous guy achieved it with 0% rates. 5.5% interest rates should have slowed this economy by now but it remains resilient.

So then is mass inflation going to continue? 

6 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Inflation is 3.7%, the peak was about 9.2%. Fed's target is 2%, rates will remain elevated until that target is reached.

Does the United States track their inflation the same way Canada does? I'm only asking because if they do that number you just gave is very misleading.