US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

All I see is Biden 4 1/2 months older. He's not going to improve.

Its a shame trump didn't decline faster but that debate put a fork in Joe. 

He's definitely fried but I'm just strictly talking about his chances to win as he is. 

If we were in a better time in history, Biden would have resigned the next day after the world discovered that the emperor, his aides, and his party has no clothes.  He's not fit for the job and hasn't been for a while.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

RFK Jr. said it was a goat. Somebody analyzed the bone structure of the animal and determined it was really a dog. 

Interesting. Where/when did this happen? (If you know) Did he kill & cook it himself? 

I feel like politicians do far worse but I atleast want to be clear what we're dealing with here.

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's definitely fried but I'm just strictly talking about his chances to win as he is. 

If we were in a better time in history, Biden would have resigned the next day after the world discovered that the emperor, his aides, and his party has no clothes.  He's not fit for the job and hasn't been for a while.

The problem is that he's still more fit for the job than the subhuman vermin he's running against.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Interesting, I was told for years now that he was fine & this wasnt happening.

They lied and they are finally admitting it.  Honestly, the more I think about it, the more it p*sses me off.  These people have been treating this like it's some kind of warped game.  The man has serious issues and they aren't going to get better.  The only reason why they're coming clean now is because they got caught and want a do-over.

• Vintage 3
  • Desmenko 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

The problem is that he's still more fit for the job than the subhuman vermin he's running against.

I know I'm a broken record at this point.... but we need a third party in the US!

• Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t think they are trying to sink him on purpose unless they feel he can’t win in November. The polls are pretty clearly trending in Trump’s direction. And they know this.

Keep reading more of the news.  Right now the Democrats are split on this and the ones who want Biden gone are doing their best to force it with leaks.

After that debate performance, they can no longer hide Biden’s cognitive decline. The next debate could be even worse. So they are trying to do the switcheroo and get someone else in there who can win the election. 

Michelle Obama seems like the only one who can do that. I highly doubt Hillary, Kamala or even Newsom can win. 

They never should have tried to hide his mental deficiencies to begin with. 

Yeah, I have no idea who would have a chance in that party anymore. 

They really screwed themselves when they changed the nomination rules so that Biden would get the maximum delegates possible.

• Cheers 1
  • Desmenko 1

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They lied and they are finally admitting it.  Honestly, the more I think about it, the more it p*sses me off.  These people have been treating this like it's some kind of warped game.  The man has serious issues and they aren't going to get better.  The only reason why they're coming clean now is because they got caught and want a do-over.

Well, imo, that's exactly what it is.. so they aren't wrong at all.

In fairness to you I can't imagine what it's like to be a US voter.

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I know I'm a broken record at this point.... but we need a third party in the US!

The US has 3rd parties (Liberty/Green). and even people with this spirit who have tried to start centrist parties (Unity in 2020, whatever Wang was apart of for 2024) get crushed by the duopoly before they can get off the ground.

Basically my point being, this sentiment exists/has been tried but doesn't seem to work. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Well, imo, that's exactly what it is.. so they aren't wrong at all.

In fairness to you I can't imagine what it's like to be a US voter.

It's great being me personally.  I'm voting for Jill Stein for the 3rd time in the last 4 elections.  She has no chance, but I practice what I preach and there will never be more serious parties if we don't vote for them.

The US has 3rd parties (Liberty/Green). and even people with this spirit who have tried to start centrist parties (Unity in 2020, whatever Wang was apart of for 2024) get crushed by the duopoly before they can get off the ground.

Basically my point being, this sentiment exists/has been tried but doesn't seem to work. 

The libertarians had a chance to become a serious contender years ago but then they almost immediately got really whacky when they gained a bit of notice and lost a lot of credibility.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nobody on Twitter has said it was fake yet. So it’s probably real. Some are commenting that it’s his stuttering. 🤦

I've never had a family member or close friend who stuttered so I can't even venture a guess if that's true. 

In my teens I had a good friend with tourettes, who I found out recently passed away with COPD, so if they ever claim Biden has that, I'll know if they're full of crap or not.  😂

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's great being me personally.  I'm voting for Jill Stein for the 3rd time in the last 4 elections.  She has no chance, but I practice what I preach and there will never be more serious parties if we don't vote for them.

I love that. I don't share your belief in US democracy I guess, but standing up for what you believe in is far more important than whatever your enticed to belief, so I love that.

39 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The libertarians had a chance to become a serious contender years ago but then they almost immediate got really whacky when they gained a bit of notice and lost a lot of credibility.

Ya I consider myself a libertarian (if I was to put a label on myself) but it seems like the US libertarians have had serious in-fighting going on for years.

I think they had an opportunity to make legit strides but I don't think they picked a good representative of their cause this time around.

That said when it's such an intense 1v2 situation, #3 is probably hopeless regardless.

And as a Canadian, liberty seems nowhere to be found on the ballot, so as much as I'm being prescriptive to you, I'm probably just being a jerk & we are actually worse off haha 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Interesting. Where/when did this happen? (If you know) Did he kill & cook it himself? 

I feel like politicians do far worse but I atleast want to be clear what we're dealing with here.

It was in 2010 in South Korea.  He posted a picture of himself and someone else with a dead animal that they hunted and killed and barbecued, pretending to take a bite out of the dead animal.  It was like a skeleton so couldn't tell what it was, but it did resemble a dog.  He said it was a goat.  Someone analyzed the bone structure and determined it was a dog.  I'd post the picture and tweet but not sure if it conforms with the rules of the forum...

EDIT:  I found a link to the actual article, so I'll post that.  The picture is in the link so you can see for yourself...

RFK Jr.’s Family Doesn’t Want Him to Run. Even They May Not Know His Darkest Secrets. | Vanity Fair

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

@Sabrefan1 what's so funny?

I was responding in good faith & had interest in your perspective, so where am I wrong? A conversation is atleast interesting.

And as a Canadian, liberty seems nowhere to be found on the ballot, so as much as I'm being prescriptive to you, I'm probably just being a jerk & we are actually worse off haha

It was a response to your "haha" at the end.  You were being introspective with a dash of humour and I very much enjoyed the closing of your post.

The laughing emoji was my way of laughing along with you, not at you.  I very much enjoyed the entirety of your post, especially, as I said, the way that you closed it.  😉

• Like 1

Judge suggests Trump felony sentencing may no longer be "necessary" after SCOTUS immunity ruling

It looks like Judge Merchan is hinting that Trump may soon not be a convicted felon...

I guess Amy Coney Barrett may not have poison pilled his case enough like some were hoping.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judge-suggests-trump-felony-sentencing-may-no-longer-be-necessary-after-scotus-immunity-ruling/ar-BB1plGpD?ocid=msedgntp

4 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

And  even if you don't get much of the vote, a third party candidate can get shit done if the work hard enough.

Nader's work, testifying before Congress, organising letter writing and citizen protests, drafting legislation were key elements in getting up the Clean Water Act, the Foreign Corrupt Practices act, The Whistler Blower act, The Consumer Product Safety act and the Freedom of Information act.

And this article dispels the myth that Nader cost Gore the Election in 2000.  

https://reason.com/2016/08/03/ralph-nader-did-not-hand-2000-election/

• Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Judge suggests Trump felony sentencing may no longer be "necessary" after SCOTUS immunity ruling

It looks like Judge Merchan is hinting that Trump may soon not be a convicted felon...

I guess Amy Coney Barrett may not have poison pilled his case enough like some were hoping.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judge-suggests-trump-felony-sentencing-may-no-longer-be-necessary-after-scotus-immunity-ruling/ar-BB1plGpD?ocid=msedgntp

I had a feeling the case would be thrown out after the sentencing was delayed.  The other cases might be thrown out too, or at last delayed until 2025 at the minimum.  Even the civil trial with the $355 million judgement is up for appeal, so not sure where that will go.  If Trump becomes the President, I would say everything will be wiped out.

With Biden on the brink of being ousted as President and Kamala possibly taking over, the situation couldn't be any worse for the Democrats.  No wonder CNN is in full panic mode.  They know it could all be over.  The poll numbers don't look good for Biden.

This all could have been avoided if they didn't cover for Biden for the last 2 years and simply let him walk away after the midterms.  Covering up his dementia was the worst thing they could have done.  And to agree to a debate in June knowing his condition was the worst decision imaginable.  Why did they agree to it?  Now Trump is chirping for a second debate.  There is no way they can allow Biden to do that.  The optics look bad now.  Wow...

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's why I've always said don't do the jig until he's actually behind bars.

It's a rigged game, from both ends. The prosecutions have been manipulated and fumbled, and trump has his hand picked scotus. 

• chaos 1

10 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Please let that be an AI fake..... Yikes if it isn't.

I can't speak to the authenticity of the video, but if you're an advocate of "consider the source", it's worth noting that Collin Rugg is a hardcore Trump and Elon Musk fan.

You know how when you google someone and at the side of the page it says "People also searched for"?

Benny Johnson

Charlie Kirk

Catturd (Really)

Clay Travis

Make of that what you will....

• Thanks 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

I can't speak to the authenticity of the video, but if you're an advocate of "consider the source", it's worth noting that Collin Rugg is a hardcore Trump and Elon Musk fan.

You know how when you google someone and at the side of the page it says "People also searched for"?

Benny Johnson

Charlie Kirk

Catturd (Really)

Clay Travis

Make of that what you will....

It was easy to tell that he was a conservative Trumper.  That's why I was hoping that he wasn't too stringent on fact checking his retweet and that was AI or selectively edited.

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

It was easy to tell that he was a conservative Trumper.  That's why I was hoping that he wasn't too stringent on fact checking his retweet and that was AI or selectively edited.

Before the debate I would have said it was 100% fake.....

Now? Who knows?

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Meidas doesn't seem to post much of anything that isn't credible even with the obvious bias.

Take it for what you will

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, but the video didn't seem to prove those specific allegations. It highlighted other very questionable behaviour though, such as how often he was around Epstein.

18 hours ago, DSVII said:

Again, I understand the highlight to drill down on that last bit there, but doesn't the rhetoric of jailing his opponents, setting up military courts and promising a bloodbath this years election, shouldn't those alone discredit a candidate? It certainly leads to questioning one's fitness to lead and is more concerning for me than a geriatric senior moment with Biden (which is also serious don't get me wrong, but the concern is disproportionate to Trump at least IMO)

Transcript dump info below:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-jeffrey-epstein-documents-b2475210.html

Uploaded yesterday.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/4154484/1/katie-johnson-v-donald-j-trump/

*Warning: VERY Graphic descriptions below that may ruin your weekend*

Hide contents

image.png.cfdb950bb1434fb0810ad37b88a638ea.png

FACTUAL ALLEGATIONS

5. The Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, alleges that the Defendants, Donald J. Trump and Jeffrey E. Epstein, did willfully and with extreme malice violate her Civil Rights under 18 U.S.C. ; 2241 by sexually and physically abusing Plaintiff Johnson by forcing her to engage in various perverted and depraved sex acts by threatening physical harm to Plaintiff Johnson and also her family.

6. The Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, alleges that the Defendants, Donald J. Trump and Jeffrey E. Epstein, also did willfully and with extreme malice violate her Civil Rights under 42 U.S.C. ; 1985 by conspiring to deny Plaintiff Johnson her Civil Rights by making her their sex slave.

7. The Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, alleges she was subject to extreme sexual and physical abuse by the Defendants, Donald J. Trump and Jeffrey E. Epstein, including forcible rape during a four month time span covering the months of June-September 1994 when Plaintiff Johnson was still only a minor of age 13.

8. The Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, alleges she was enticed by promises of money and a modeling career to attend a series of underage sex parties held at the New York City residence of Defendant Jeffrey E. Epstein and attended by Defendant Donald J. Trump.

9. On the first occasion involving the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, was forced to manually stimulate Defendant Trump with the use of her hand upon Defendant Trump's erect penis until he reached sexual orgasm.

10. On the second occasion involving the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, was forced to orally copulate Defendant Trump by placing her mouth upon Defendant Trump's erect penis until he reached sexual orgasm.

11. On the third occasion involving the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson was forced to engage in an unnatural lesbian sex act with her fellow minor and sex slave, Maria Doe age 12, for the sexual enjoyment of Defendant Trump. After this sex act, both minors were forced to orally copulate Defendant Trump by placing their mouths simultaneously on his erect penis until he achieved sexual orgasm. After zipping up his pants, Defendant Trump physically pushed both minors away while angrily berating them for the "poor" quality of their sexual performance.

12. On the fourth and final sexual encounter with the Defendant, Donald J. Trump, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, was tied to a bed by Defendant Trump who then proceeded to forcibly rape Plaintiff Johnson. During the course of this savage sexual attack, Plaintiff Johnson loudly pleaded with Defendant Trump to "please wear a condom". Defendant Trump responded by violently striking Plaintiff Johnson in the face with his open hand and screaming that "he would do whatever he wanted" as he refused to wear protection. After achieving sexual orgasm, the Defendant, Donald J. Trump put his suit back on and when the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, in tears asked Defendant Trump what would happen if he had impregnated her, Defendant Trump grabbed his wallet and threw some money at her and screamed that she should use the money “to get a fucking abortion".

13. On the first occasion involving the Defendant, Jeffrey E. Epstein, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson, was forced to disrobe into her bra and panties and to give a full body massage to Defendant Epstein while he was completely naked. During the massage, Defendant Epstein physically forced Plaintiff Johnson to touch his erect penis with her bare hands and to clean up his ejaculated semen after he achieved sexual orgasm.

14. On the second occasion involving the Defendant, Jeffrey Epstein, the Plaintiff, Katie Johnson was again forced to disrobe into her bra and panties while giving Defendant Epstein a full body massage while he was completely naked. The Defendant, Donald J. Trump, was also present as he was getting his own massage from another minor, Jane Doe, age 13, Defendant Epstein forced Plaintiff Johnson to touch his erect penis by physically placing her bare hands upon his sex organ and again forced Plaintiff Johnson to clean up his ejaculated semen after he achieved sexual orgasm.

I focused on that point since I hadn't seen it stated as matter of fact before. I'm aware of his other actions, and consider both he and Biden to be unfit choices, making it a complete gong-show. I've been interested in the Epstein case since it first came out, and have been waiting for more details on who was involved, assuming they'd never be revealed. If the above is true, it's quite disappointing and surprising this isn't being made into a bigger talking point. The media has been obsessed with talking about Trump, but shies away from this story.

• Cheers 2