US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

For some inane reason, I immediately thought of that Sopranos vid that someone recently posted. Bobby Baccala convinces a black rapper to pay him $25,000 and Bobby would shoot him in the ass, on the basis that the rapper would gain street cred because he was shot. 

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Its amazing that the US has simultaneously the most powerful agencies' in human history & at other times seemingly the most incompetent. 

I always say to people outside of the US that United States has the smartest and stupidest people in the world. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Petey O said:

If white liberals get their way, the dark mass is what the future looks like.

Thankfully, you won't get your way for much longer, and people like you will fall in line and be happy to be living in safe neighbourhoods with zero crime.

Ah I see…the Stepford Wives will take over. … Scary. 

5 hours ago, Petey O said:

Nope. My ancestors settled this nation. How about you go live in the Brazilian favelas where multiculturalism THRIVES? Or, how about you take in some refugees into your home and let them stay rent free if you're such a good liberal?

Have any of you given refugees shelter? Or even homeless people? You're such kind, open minded people, I'm sure you've done this a lot, right?

Your ancestors settled Canada? I thought you said you were a white Euro, not an indigenous North American.....

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

2 hours ago, StrayDog said:

So then you should go back where you came from, white Euroman

These 'white' nationalists are hilariously pathetic. Losers that can't feel good about themselves any other way. Their biggest asset to their political leaders is the low self esteem they ooze.

• ThereItIs 1

451305053_10161045374125549_477236586039

451057866_10161045374105549_314519205086

Not sure how credible the source is, but also heard this last night on news broadcasts.

If you "can't reach your weapon" you may be doing it wrong. Isn't that the point? To go up there "prepared". Although easy for me to say....if someone had a gun pointed at me I'd duck too.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Sorry, not sorry.  I'll bet my bottom dollar everyone here, minus two, feels the same way down deep.......I'm just willing to say it out loud.

I am against the death penalty with every fibre of my being and dont think anyone should be put to death, but that bullet could solved a lot of problems

This megalomaniac is the leader of a cult that has over 50 million religious zealots in it.......people who will do anything he says, people who believe completely in and welcome the apocalypse. 

He was a dispicable person before he became president and now he has tens of millions of people to fuel his megalomania....,.people who now believe more than ever, that he was sent by god just for them.

If you don't think there are many similarities between Hitler's rise to power and Trumps, you haven't read your history deep enough.  If von Klauffrnberg and his cronies had been successful in 1939, it would have changed the course of the world for the better

Can we drop the pretense, dignity bullshit for once, on the left, and try and be honest with ourselves and admit that thd world would be a better place if that bullet had been just an inch or two over?  

It doesn't mean we're calling for someone's death or justifying political assassination. It means we can recognize when something would have led to a better outcome thsn we're currently on the path to.

'Some people should die
That’s just unconscious knowledge'

-Pigs in Zen

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Sorry, not sorry.  I'll bet my bottom dollar everyone here, minus two, feels the same way down deep.......I'm just willing to say it out loud.

I am against the death penalty with every fibre of my being and dont think anyone should be put to death, but that bullet could solved a lot of problems

This megalomaniac is the leader of a cult that has over 50 million religious zealots in it.......people who will do anything he says, people who believe completely in and welcome the apocalypse. 

He was a dispicable person before he became president and now he has tens of millions of people to fuel his megalomania....,.people who now believe more than ever, that he was sent by god just for them.

If you don't think there are many similarities between Hitler's rise to power and Trumps, you haven't read your history deep enough.  If von Klauffrnberg and his cronies had been successful in 1939, it would have changed the course of the world for the better

Can we drop the pretense, dignity bullshit for once, on the left, and try and be honest with ourselves and admit that thd world would be a better place if that bullet had been just an inch or two over?  

It doesn't mean we're calling for someone's death or justifying political assassination. It means we can recognize when something would have led to a better outcome thsn we're currently on the path to.

not sure how we can say with certainty anything would be better, had the shooter been successful. The cult isn't going away, and they'd have a martyr. Maybe it even grows after a successful hit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

not sure how we can say with certainty anything would be better, had the shooter been successful. The cult isn't going away, and they'd have a martyr. Maybe it even grows after a successful hit. 

If there's a better example of "if you cut off the head of the snake, the body will die", I haven't seen it.  

It might stick around for a bit, but with no Trump, there is no MAGA.  It is 100% about him

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

The beast would grow another head for sure.

Political assassination attempts cannot be supported.

Still, the world would probably be better off without Trump. He's done so much damage. 

As it turns out, the shooter got the opposite of what he wanted. He boosted Trumps brand. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

If there's a better example of "if you cut off the head of the snake, the body will die", I haven't seen it.  

It might stick around for a bit, but with no Trump, there is no MAGA.  It is 100% about him

those hard core maga's were evangelicals before trump came along. The conditions for their political views are still there the morning after. IMO you'd cement them in once they had a martyr. 

So as a movement, why would it disappear? they'd just put up another false idol, or wait for Barron. 

If Trump had created the conditions for the movement, maybe I could see it, but it was there already. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Still, the world would probably be better off without Trump. He's done so much damage. 

As it turns out, the shooter got the opposite of what he wanted. He boosted Trumps brand. 

I doubt there was any political motivation.  My guess is the shooter got exactly what he wanted........suicide by cop and posthumous fame 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

If Trump was assassinated that night, I think there's a very good chance we'd have chaos and anarchy in the streets across the US right now. He's got enough deranged followers that it may have been enough to start their civil war. Maybe we'll see a new Donald Trump out of this whole experience. I have never been a Trump fan, but I'm not particularly a fan of the Democrats and Mr. Burns / Biden either. There were really no good feasible choices in the coming US election, and if Biden refuses to hang it up to offer a new choice there, maybe an enlightened Trump, who seemed destined to win this next election anyway, is better than a Trump who never saw his life nearly taken away. I guess we'll see. 

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

he has, I think he's a pos too, but I don't see the movement getting weaker in any way. 

The democrats really dropped the ball on their leadership group, really since they picked Hillary. FFS dem's, get someone people can vote in and the rest of it doesn't matter.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

those hard core maga's were evangelicals before trump came along. The conditions for their political views are still there the morning after. IMO you'd cement them in once they had a martyr. 

So as a movement, why would it disappear? they'd just put up another false idol, or wait for Barron. 

If Trump had created the conditions for the movement, maybe I could see it, but it was there already. 

Disagree completely.  Without the centre, it wouldn't hold.  They'd never follow someone else that way and it's doubtful another psychopath would come along to fill that void.

You'd obviously have hardcore leftovers, but many would just go back to teaparty politics

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Disagree completely.  Without the centre, it wouldn't hold.  They'd never follow someone else that way and it's doubtful another psychopath would come along to fill that void.

You'd obviously have hardcore leftovers, but many would just go back to teaparty politics

why wouldn't they? whats changed in their belief system? 

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

he has, I think he's a pos too, but I don't see the movement getting weaker in any way. 

The democrats really dropped the ball on their leadership group, really since they picked Hillary. FFS dem's, get someone people can vote in and the rest of it doesn't matter.

Would Germans have followed Goebbels or Himmler or Goring?  

Not a chance......and even if someone else took over, it never would have been the samr

• Cheers 1