US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Just heard about this on late night live- repeat from last night.

J.D (I am not an Islamaphobe) Vance pissing off US allies just after being named trumps VP. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/16/trump-running-mate-jd-vance-uk-first-islamist-country-nuclear-weapon

" the UK could become the first truly Islamist country that will get a nuclear weapon "

The idiots are really taking over.

Like seriously, these #$#$s are imbeciles.

wow what does his wife think? She's Indian is she not?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

It’s still early in the week ,. 

but it’s been good ,.  Here’s another on Mainstream/ Nation Wide..

They've been wanting to get rid of Gaetz for a while now.  This kind of thing will continue until they succeed.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

I happened to be watching the event live on CNN. The entire close protection detail did a great job. You are seeing what you set out to see. It is disturbing. The jacket got in her holster under the gun and she quickly adjusted and solved the clothing issue inside a split seconds time. I believe any average human would have a tougher time reacting to that than this highly qualified agent. 

I am sad that you want to believe women inferior at certain jobs. 

Why are there no women in the NFL, NHL or NBA? Fact is, some things men are just better at, not facing truth to sound superior is just plain stupid.

• Confused 2

55 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Except he isn’t anyone. He’s a former US Army sniper who’s coordinated thousands of counter sniper operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. He is what you would call an EXPERT in the field. 

He’s literally more of an expert than the head of the secret service who used to work at PepsiCo. 

Doesn't matter what his credentials are.  He has as much evidence as you or I do.  In other words NONE.  A claim like that needs actual evidence to support it.

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Just heard about this on late night live- repeat from last night.

J.D (I am not an Islamaphobe) Vance pissing off US allies just after being named trumps VP. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/16/trump-running-mate-jd-vance-uk-first-islamist-country-nuclear-weapon

" the UK could become the first truly Islamist country that will get a nuclear weapon "

The idiots are really taking over.

Like seriously, these #$#$s are imbeciles.

Someone show this idiot Pakistan on a map.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Except he isn’t anyone. He’s a former US Army sniper who’s coordinated thousands of counter sniper operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. He is what you would call an EXPERT in the field. 

He’s literally more of an expert than the head of the secret service who used to work at PepsiCo. 

He's a maga republican, but more importantly he's a US representative peddling in conspiracy theories and that's a okay with you. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, BarneyKook said:

wow what does his wife think? She's Indian is she not?

Yeah, I heard some repug say JD couldn't possibly be a racist because he is married to her. 

She has been a law clerk for Chief justice John G Roberts jr, supreme court.

And Brett Kavanaugh when he was a judge of the US court of appeals, Colombia district. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Someone show this idiot Pakistan on a map.

I was reading that a poll found that a fifth of Americans can't find the US on a world map, so good luck with that.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

55 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I was reading that a poll found that a fifth of Americans can't find the US on a world map, so good luck with that.

That can't be right. Like US is a giant landmass. This ain't Belgium we are talking about. 

Actually that might explain a lot...

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

I hope that's not true.  In grade 7 I could locate all 50 states on a map and tell you the capital of each. 

It took a few days, but she has finally decided to stop trying to pass the buck to the local yokels.  I wonder if it was Mayorkas or Jill Biden's people that finally got it through her skull.

Secret Service ‘solely responsible’ for implementation and execution of security at the Trump rally site, director tells CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/16/politics/secret-service-director-interview/index.html

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I hope that's not true.  In grade 7 I could locate all 50 states on a map and tell you the capital of each. 

This information is a bit dated however 

" About 20 percent of American students identified Brazil as the United States and another 20 percent could not find the United States at all, two geography organisations reported today "

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1984/12/13/Study-One-fifth-of-students-cant-find-US-on-a-map/2120471762000/

This  from 2014 

" 1 in 4 Americans think the sun goes around the earth, Survey says 

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/02/14/277058739/1-in-4-americans-think-the-sun-goes-around-the-earth-survey-says#:~:tex

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The woman hiding behind trump then having problems holstering her gun. Would you hire her to protect you or your family?

Well I bet her eyesight and judgement is better than some men (here). I mean, someone took one screenshot of her (likely helping Trump as he was laying low...he was bleeding remember) and made something out of it that's very sexist.

She didn't dive like an Oiler...she was likely checking Trump out to see the severity of his injury.

That same woman was standing with her back to the crowd in a very vulnerable position because she's focused on her job at hand. So don't omit this part.

You have a daughter, right? Give women more credit for their abilities...they might surprise you. 

451446718_10161050329035549_526250176459

451646154_10161050329015549_414504939692

451791856_10161050329025549_491663926863

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Nikki Haley booed, other sad losers paraded out for Trump's Republican National Convention

On Tuesday, Republican National Convention organizers took some time away from their broader message – “Please elect this convicted felon who’s promising to round up millions of immigrants and put them in camps” – to give stage time to GOP figures who’ve been brutally disgraced by Donald Trump, the aforementioned felon.

For example, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley abandoned all morals and principles she proudly campaigned on and backed Trump in exchange for a chance to speak at the convention and get lustily booed by people who hate her. Well done!

While the theme of the day in Milwaukee was “Make America Safe Once Again,” ironic given that crime in America is down considerably, the theme of the evening slate of speakers should have been “The GOP Parade of Subjugation.”

The key speakers were, according to nicknames Trump had previously assigned them: Lyin’ Ted, Birdbrain, Ron DeSanctimonious and Little Marco. (Sen. Ted Cruz, Haley, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Sen. Marco Rubio.)

It was a veritable “Who’s Who?” of “Who Has Trump Humiliated?”

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis addresses the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee on July 16, 2024.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis addresses the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee on July 16, 2024.

It was a Pathetic Reversal night at the Republican National Convention

First up, was Lyin’ Ted, who apparently forgot Trump once suggested Cruz’s wife is ugly and suggested Cruz’s father helped the assassin who killed President John F. Kennedy.

How did Cruz open his RNC speech? With this: “God bless Donald J. Trump!”

With that exclamation, the word “honor” suddenly disappeared from all U.S. dictionaries.

Nikki Haley abandons all integrity to boost the man who called her Birdbrain

Nikki Haley, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, delivers remarks at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee on July 16, 2024.

Nikki Haley, former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, delivers remarks at the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee on July 16, 2024.

Up next was Birdbrain. Trump gave Haley that certainly-not-sexist nickname during the primaries. He also repeatedly and quite intentionally misspelled her birth name – Nimarata – as “Nimbra” and “Nimrada,” while also questioning her eligibility for the presidency in his tried-and-true racist fashion. (Haley is the daughter of Indian immigrants and was born in South Carolina.)

“Nimbra doesn't have what it takes,” Trump wrote on social media.

Trump mocked Haley's military husband, and still she comes groveling

Nikki Haley, former ambassador to the United Nations, delivers remarks during the second day of the Republican National Convention at the Fiserv Forum.

Nikki Haley, former ambassador to the United Nations, delivers remarks during the second day of the Republican National Convention at the Fiserv Forum.

Also during the primary, Trump mocked Haley’s husband’s absence from the campaign trail, saying: “What happened to her husband? Where is he? He’s gone.” Michael Haley is in the National Guard and was on deployment at the time.

Haley – who, again, was onstage Tuesday night to show support for Trump – at the time called Trump’s comments about her husband “awful” and “disgusting” and said he didn’t deserve to be commander in chief. She also said during the primary, “I feel no need to kiss the ring.”

So much for Trump wanting unity: For Trump, unity means complete submission. That will be on full display at the RNC.

Nevertheless, she puckered, showing a remarkable tone change during Tuesday night’s RNC speech: “Donald Trump has my strong endorsement, period.”

I guess she must’ve forgotten the time Trump posted on social media: “Nikki ‘Birdbrain’ Haley is very bad for the Republican Party and, indeed, our Country. … Anybody that makes a ‘Contribution’ to Birdbrain, from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp.”

Make way for Ron DeSantis, perhaps the saddest of them all

Not to be outdone in the abandoning-all-integrity department, DeSantis had this to say about the man who, during the primary, suggested the Florida governor might be a pedophile: “Let’s send Donald Trump back to the White House!”

Wow! That’s an interesting way to respond to a man whose campaign referred to him as a “desperate eunuch” and a “disloyal dog” while also saying he needed “a personality transplant” and “The real DeSantis record is one of misery and despair.”

Jul 16, 2024; Milwaukee, WI, USA; Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis delivers remarks during the second day of the Republican National Convention at the Fiserv Forum. The second day of the RNC focused on crime and border policies. Mandatory Credit: Jasper Colt-USA TODAY

Jul 16, 2024; Milwaukee, WI, USA; Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis delivers remarks during the second day of the Republican National Convention at the Fiserv Forum. The second day of the RNC focused on crime and border policies. Mandatory Credit: Jasper Colt-USA TODAY

Heck, Trump once claimed: “DeSanctus doesn’t even like farmers!

Yet there he was at the Fiserv Forum, Gov. DeSanctimonious talking pretty for the man who verbally thrashed him.

Oh well, principles aren't necessarily in Trump's GOP

Glad to see Cruz, Haley and DeSantis have forgiven the man who said truly unforgivable things about them. It shows a true lack of character and a thirst for power strong enough to override any modicum of self-respect. And I'm not even getting into "Little Marco" Rubio, who Trump once called a “lightweight choker” who “looks like a little boy on stage.”

That little boy was scheduled to take the stage Tuesday night as well, choking out words of praise for his tormentor.

Pathetic subservience. Or as it's known in Trump’s Republican Party: perfect.

That was so biased it was unreadable.

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You forgot to add hyper partisan to your list. The conspiracy stuff serves to whip up the hoopleheads. 

It's a shame he's doing this and people are spreading it, it really dishonors the guy that was killed.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You forgot to add hyper partisan to your list. The conspiracy stuff serves to whip up the hoopleheads. 

It's a shame he's doing this and people are spreading it, it really dishonors the guy that was killed.

Glad to see the repugs. "dialling down" the rhetoric

Now we've got the right in Canada calling for the left to do the same thing.  The gaslighting would be comical if it weren't so heinous

Edited by stawns
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Glad to see the repugs. "dialling down" the rhetoric

I think some are, but of course the ones that built a career in it don't have any other tools in the box.

The conspiracy stuff is just lowest common denominator sad.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Now we've got the right in Canada calling for the left to do the same thing.  The gaslighting would be comical if it weren't so heinous

It is funny. How many examples of Skippy insulting Trudeau personally can you find? Now try the other way.

more fuel for the flames;

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/biden-shares-conditions-for-possible-withdraw-from-us-presidential-elections/ar-BB1q8Eac?ocid=BingNewsSerp

"BB1q8E9J.img?w=534&h=337&m=6&x=237&y=106

Current US President Joe Biden, in an interview with CBS News, has stated that he might withdraw from this year's presidential election due to health issues.

The American leader noted that he is ready to withdraw from the presidential race if doctors indicate health problems.

"If there had some medical condition that emerged, if the doctors came to me and said you got this problem, that problem," he said.

It is worth noting that there are ongoing debates between 81-year-old Democrat Joe Biden and 78-year-old Republican Donald Trump regarding their opponents' ages and how they affect their ability to lead the country.

US elections

The US presidential elections will be held in November 2024. The Republican Party has already chosen its candidate, Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States, as expected.

Joe Biden has not yet been officially selected as the Democratic Party's main candidate for the presidential election. After unsuccessful debates with Trump, Democrats have discussed replacing Biden. According to American media, almost 20 Democrats from the US House of Representatives have urged the current President to withdraw from the race.

US Vice President Kamala Harris could be a likely replacement for Biden in the election. The RBC-Ukraine article provides more about Biden's deputy.

10 minutes ago, Gurn said:

more fuel for the flames;

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/biden-shares-conditions-for-possible-withdraw-from-us-presidential-elections/ar-BB1q8Eac?ocid=BingNewsSerp

"BB1q8E9J.img?w=534&h=337&m=6&x=237&y=106

Current US President Joe Biden, in an interview with CBS News, has stated that he might withdraw from this year's presidential election due to health issues.

The American leader noted that he is ready to withdraw from the presidential race if doctors indicate health problems.

"If there had some medical condition that emerged, if the doctors came to me and said you got this problem, that problem," he said.

It is worth noting that there are ongoing debates between 81-year-old Democrat Joe Biden and 78-year-old Republican Donald Trump regarding their opponents' ages and how they affect their ability to lead the country.

US elections

The US presidential elections will be held in November 2024. The Republican Party has already chosen its candidate, Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States, as expected.

Joe Biden has not yet been officially selected as the Democratic Party's main candidate for the presidential election. After unsuccessful debates with Trump, Democrats have discussed replacing Biden. According to American media, almost 20 Democrats from the US House of Representatives have urged the current President to withdraw from the race.

US Vice President Kamala Harris could be a likely replacement for Biden in the election. The RBC-Ukraine article provides more about Biden's deputy.

In b4 some obscure 15th century malady gets unearthed on his medical records...  :classic_ninja:

• Upvote 2