US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

When he's gone, people fight for power not fall apart. Just like post Mao days.  They have a good state planning that are decades long. Nothing is done for one election cycle. 

Demographics issue is there, but productivity by robots and AI will able to keep pace for many routine jobs.  The challenge is to increase birth rate via family friendly policies. China has been around for thousands of years and will survive beyond when western democracy dies. 

Haha the planet is almost done with us, it doesn't matter. 

• Haha 1

Just catching up on the RNC now.

Imagine having Hulk fking Hogan cut a promo for you.... As a wrestling fan Terry's old as hell & hasn't lost a single step on how to cut a promo. 

Holy shit this 'speech' is incredible theatre, and its totally fitting given the absurdity of where American politics is at. I think this tweet sums it up:

6 hours ago, Jaimito said:

When he's gone, people fight for power not fall apart. Just like post Mao days.  They have a good state planning that are decades long. Nothing is done for one election cycle. 

Demographics issue is there, but productivity by robots and AI will able to keep pace for many routine jobs.  The challenge is to increase birth rate via family friendly policies. China has been around for thousands of years and will survive beyond when western democracy dies. 

As I said, china as we know it won't survive

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

As I said, china as we know it won't survive

Demographic decline has global import. It is massively disinflationary. That sounds good but if global GDP declines it shrinks investment and attacks every government budget at all levels, federal, provincial and municipal. This has been countered by deficit spending. But deficit spending is a tax on future earnings. The full impact of that is the carrying cost of debt servicing. The cost of USA debt service now exceeds the spending on their military. Canada is being pushed hard to increase military spending to our treaty commitment of 2%. Where will that money come from? It was startling to hear at the GOP convention that Canada had underspent NATO commitment to the tune of $300 billion. 

More stories about the Chinese economy being under a massive debt cloud. A debt problem that could bring defaults. Not sure how much external financing exists in China. I doubt it is large. But if China's economy declines it will have global implications.  

7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Yea counting China out seems a little premature. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Apparently, Hillary wants Biden to stay in the race. I assumed she wanted to take over…

She just doesn't want to be the only one that lost to Trump.

Also, who cares what she says or wants. She's what the party needs to move away from. 

• Cheers 1

Understatement of the day:

The USA has become an international joke, cringy, and embarrassing. 

A pathetic country. One that I dont think I will ever visit again. 

I'm tired of trying to understand. As another poster pointed out....

Idiocracy. 

11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

They had to bring Linda McMahon out because her ex husband has to much in common with Trump and wouldn't be a quality upstanding speaker

(if you know what I mean)

With all the scandals Vince is going thru you would think they would stay as far away from that family as possible.

• ThereItIs 1

34 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

No shit, Vince is a Pig.

Man, you got Hulk that humps his friends wife for kicks and lets them film it. You got Dana White that beats the shit out of his wife in public and follows it up with launching a'sport' called powerslap that is just a petri-dish for CTE. You got Trump that fucks hookers while his wife is pregnant along with a million other dodgy things. You got Kid Rock that pretends to be bluecollar but grew up rich AF. Oh and how can I forget the flipflopping proud boy type in JD Vance. 

This is the team that had God on their side.

Sweet crew. 

they all know, they don't care. Winning is all that matters. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

can we just assume that ever speech is full of shit, and just dispense with the daily fact checks? 

alert me when there's a speech with no lies, now that would be news. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

can we just assume that ever speech is full of shit, and just dispense with the daily fact checks? 

That's the gameplan.........a tsunami of lies and disinformation so that fact checking becomes a useless practice

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

This has been A Closer Look with Seth Myers.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Sorry,  but it’s turning into a Carnival down there..  

Is this for real, is that really Trump walking in wearing a KKK hood??  I guess it's supposed to be a "gauze bandage" but the symbolism is completely clear.  How any black people (or women) could support this monster is beyond me...

15 minutes ago, Sooey Steamer said:

Is this for real, is that really Trump walking in wearing a KKK hood??  I guess it's supposed to be a "gauze bandage" but the symbolism is completely clear.  How any black people (or women) could support this monster is beyond me...

no it’s AI / effects generated onto his entry video,.     But it kind of represents what he stands for .