US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

why does she always sound like shes talking to a group of 1st graders....

I know theres a honeymoon period going on right now and Democrats are really excited that Joe was forced out but... idk i dont think shes really all that great.

I wouldnt be surprised if theres an attempt to replace her before the DNC ends, but then the problem is there dont seem to be many viable candidates... Seems like Newsome/Buttigeg are being groomed for future runs, would they play those cards now despite seemingly being up against a big wall? Im not even convinced Newsome would be a great upgrade atm, hes not done a good job with California & thats very easy to attack. And of course they wouldnt really go back to Hillary would they??

I think Kamala will struggle in the debates & in press conferences. But she does have the corporate media + democrat/progressive machine to patch holes & prop her up, which is of course very powerful.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

6 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

They didnt create economies of scale or globalization, the ultra rich would still be the ultra rich, just in another country giving them the jobs and tax revenue. Every citizen has a choice who they buy their goods from big corporations or small business its a free market.  

Nothing you have stated changes the fact that Reagan's economic policies actually harmed the middle class, and totally screwed poor Americans. 

While from that late sixties onwards there was a steady flow of wealth to America's highest earners, Reagan's economic policies supercharged that flow.

One of my favourite examples of how the American people are getting fucked over is the CEO to worker pay ratio.

This article is full of fun facts in regards to how the American people are getting bent over backwards.

https://www.epi.org/publication/ceo-pay-in-2022/#:~:text=Using the CEO granted compensation,the composition of CEO compensation.

In 1965 the ratio was 21-1 

In 2022 the ratio was 344-1 by the realised compensation measure. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

36 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

r/PoliticalHumor - Meme

11,000,000  American children live in poverty.

3,000,000, 1 in 6 under 5 years old live in poverty. 

And these assholes  spend hundreds of millions on political advertising. 

Edited by Ilunga
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

why does she always sound like shes talking to a group of 1st graders....

I know theres a honeymoon period going on right now and Democrats are really excited that Joe was forced out but... idk i dont think shes really all that great.

I wouldnt be surprised if theres an attempt to replace her before the DNC ends, but then the problem is there dont seem to be many viable candidates... Seems like Newsome/Buttigeg are being groomed for future runs, would they play those cards now despite seemingly being up against a big wall? Im not even convinced Newsome would be a great upgrade atm, hes not done a good job with California & thats very easy to attack. And of course they wouldnt really go back to Hillary would they??

I think Kamala will struggle in the debates & in press conferences. But she does have the corporate media + democrat/progressive machine to patch holes & prop her up, which is of course very powerful.

She addresses voters in simple words because she is trying to win more those votes from Trump Supports who are brainwashed with his BS.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, stawns said:

I think he is one of the most repellent people out there, he disgusts me in al ost every way

However, there is one point I can understand in this clip and it's when he says his son is dead and deadname is a real thing.

10 years ago, one of my best friends up and left town without telling any of his friends.  He told his ex to tell us why and it was because he was transitioning to female and he went back to his home in Ontario to do it.

After we all found out, and because he just left without telling us or saying goodbye, we all felt like "he" had died because we never got any closure with him.  One day he was there, the next day he was gone forever, just like he had died.

However, all the bullshit musk spews after that is beyond despicable and I don't know how you talk about your child that way.

My buddy's cousin did it, just up and left, about 20 years ago. But after transitioning she came home. Won't lie...she turned out fucking hot. As a he she was rather effeminate to begin with and had small frame and great bone structure in her face. I ran into her in Van and she recognized me but it took her saying something to clue in. 

Ran into her again this year...still hot in her 40s and a lovely person inside too. Works with troubled queer youth. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's weird because the so called "real men" out there really bought into a guy who yelled at people "YOU'RE FIRED" on TV.  Like he was some sort of champ for being an asshole.

They think that's powerful when really it's weak because real men know how to communicate and don't have to yell at people like a jackass. They don't grope women because they can...they know they shouldn't.

Blowhards United Trump Team otherwise known as BUTTS.

Some guys are like a moth to a flame, running to the "biggest" loudest guy in the room. Dunno, maybe it's some genetic thing.

But it's a weakness for sure, that men like trump exploit.

• Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

But that's not a conspiracy.

Honest Jim I dont even know what the leading conspiracies are..

-Trump was shot at but didn't get hit...the blood was from some glass or just some sort of velocity damage from a bullet going so close. Trump took his moment to milk it...

- Trump set it up, there was no bullets. It was a blood pack, many people involved, dont ask about the dead spectator ...

- Dark Brandon set it up but the shooter missed. God himself ( cause its a Him when saving Trump) made Don turn his head at the perfect moment.

I posted a vid yesterday showing the different bullets that an AR15 can shoot, aimed at Pigs ears...the bullets pierce, they dont blow off the ear. Still, many on here that usually dont go in the conspiracy world are stating stuff like ' it would have blown the ear off'

Occam's Razor.... the security was crap, a kid shot and missed. 

• Vintage 2

There's 69 Women Generals in the US Military. 19 are in the Army. I agree with Jack Nicholson. "There's nothing sexier than a woman you have to salute in the morning"

Same would go with Harris. I think being courteous, intelligent, and loyal to family, friends, and people you meet, is way more important than some messed up standards of "man cards".

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Soooo, apparently the Democratic darling, Black Lives Matter, is not happy with the anointing of Kamala Harris as the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee...

https://blacklivesmatter.com/black-lives-matter-statement-on-kamala-harris-securing-enough-delegates-to-become-democratic-nominee/

My understanding of BLM is that they are similar to Antifa, as in it's a decentralized movement with no clear cut leader rather than an organization.

So I find a statement claiming to represent all of it very suspicious. It may just be one person rather than being truly representative of the movement.

Not to mention this is only being broadcast on conservative channels right now. I'd look deeper into the folks who are writing this tbh.

Edit: these guys sound like far leftist grifters who are trying to latch onto the movement who just happened to register the domain name first. Wouldn't surprise me if they take dark money considering their lack of financial transparency. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter_Global_Network_Foundation#:~:text=The organization is often mistaken,com" as its official website.

Edited by DSVII
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Honest Jim I dont even know what the leading conspiracies are..

-Trump was shot at but didn't get hit...the blood was from some glass or just some sort of velocity damage from a bullet going so close. Trump took his moment to milk it...

- Trump set it up, there was no bullets. It was a blood pack, many people involved, dont ask about the dead spectator ...

- Dark Brandon set it up but the shooter missed. God himself ( cause its a Him when saving Trump) made Don turn his head at the perfect moment.

I posted a vid yesterday showing the different bullets that an AR15 can shoot, aimed at Pigs ears...the bullets pierce, they dont blow off the ear. Still, many on here that usually dont go in the conspiracy world are stating stuff like ' it would have blown the ear off'

social media has conditioned us to fill any void now with conspiracy ideas. Putin has done well training us. 

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Occam's Razor.... the security was crap, a kid shot and missed. 

Robert Downey Jr Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, DSVII said:

My understanding of BLM is that they are similar to Antifa, as in it's a decentralized movement with no clear cut leader rather than an organization.

So I find a statement claiming to represent all of it very suspicious. It may just be one person rather than being truly representative of the movement.

Not to mention this is only being broadcast on conservative channels right now. I'd look deeper into the folks who are writing this tbh.

I agree BLM is a movement not an org.

I remember hearing about some leaders of BLM being Marxist but again, who appointed them as so called leaders...

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Soooo, apparently the Democratic darling, Black Lives Matter, is not happy with the anointing of Kamala Harris as the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee...

https://blacklivesmatter.com/black-lives-matter-statement-on-kamala-harris-securing-enough-delegates-to-become-democratic-nominee/

sounds like they are more upset about the process, than the nominee tho.