US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm not in charge. But if I was. I'd punt Musk to the boardroom of Xitter/SpaceX/Tesla and keep him out of any company decisions.

It's the people under him that makes these companies so good. The ones he hasn't fired yet anyways.

Actually ,  I think Elon wants to go to Mars,

im fine with that .   Adios 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Hide contents

Durham found that the FBI acted too hastily and relied on raw and unconfirmed intelligence when it opened the Trump-Russia investigation.

He said at the time the probe was opened, the FBI had no information about any actual contact between Trump associates and Russian intelligence officials.

He also claimed that FBI investigators fell prone to “confirmation bias,” repeatedly ignoring or rationalizing away information that could have undercut the premise of their investigation, and he noted that the FBI failed to corroborate a single substantive allegation from a dossier of research that it relied on during the course of the probe.

“An objective and honest assessment of these strands of information should have caused the FBI to question not only the predication for Crossfire Hurricane, but also to reflect on whether the FBI was being manipulated for political or other purposes,” the report said, using the FBI’s code name for the Trump-Russia probe. “Unfortunately, it did not.”

“Indeed, based on the evidence gathered in the multiple exhaustive and costly federal investigations of these matters, including the instant investigation, neither U.S. law enforcement nor the Intelligence Community appears to have possessed any actual evidence of collusion in their holdings at the commencement of the Crossfire Hurricane investigation,” Durham said in his report.

Durham was the lapdog used by Bill Barr to try and clean Trump’s dirty laundry after his unhappiness over the Justice Department’s own IG’s report concluded that there was no political bias leading to the FBI’s investigation. 

Frank Figliuzzi, former assistant director of the FBI Counterintelligence Division -

"Really, the most malignant interpretation of this report is Durham was tasked with doing something that was not only unnecessary to do because the [inspector general] had already done it, but tasked with doing whatever he could to destroy the origins of the Crossfire Hurricane original case ... If the goal was to wrack [sic] up many indictments and prove all of this "Russia, Russia, Russia" stuff, as Trump says, wrong, he's failed miserably. But if the goal, at least the consolation prize, was to hand over a politically tainted document that can be used in sound bites over and over again on Fox News and other platforms, already congressman Jim Jordan has publicly stated he's going to call Durham to testify in congress and I'll note as others have done, John Durham should be Exhibit A in the so-called "Weaponization of Government Subcommittee" because he was weaponized by Bill Barr and turned against the very institutions that he comes out of."

• Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

No, I've seen it when my daughter went through the system. Certainly behavior while at school can be held in check but some folks just aren't born with the social tool kit. It's why they make great middle management, they aren't bothered by staffing issues.

When was that?  In the last 10 years, school systems in bc have worked hard and had good success minimizing it.  Of course it still happens, but I think we're making good progress creating empathy and inclusion.  

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The other fktard showing his own true colors ,.   How’s your A-fib  Elonor?

I don't know what Kamala is. I think I like her choice for VP. She says she will continue to support Ukraine which is enough for me. 

• Like 3

If we step back for a moment and look at these MAGA / Cultist/ Propagandist type of groups or followings.

I wonder if we only have ourselves to blame  for the tolerance we give them.

Yes ,  with children,  sometimes you have to let them touch the “candle flame” or “hot stove” to learn a lesson of truth.…  “ that’s hot “ “ don’t touch it”.

Why as Educated Adults , watching other Adults are we not Calling them out as Stuipid ?

What do we fear ?      .. Retaliation?

Instead we condone actions of these type of Adults and let it manifest into real threats to society..   

If such types can be easily misled,..

Why can they not be shown right from wrong ?

They do make assist the World in being unsafe.

EDUCATION must evolve and be more widespread.

Manipulators of truth must be called out.

They create Regimes,.     and with what we saw in the United States of America on Jan 6 ..      

Trump conspired to create one.

He must stand for the crime of Treason to his Country.

• Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If we step back for a moment and look at these MAGA / Cultist/ Propagandist type of groups or followings.

I wonder if we only have ourselves to blame  for the tolerance we give them.

Yes ,  with children,  sometimes you have to let them touch the “candle flame” or “hot stove” to learn a lesson of truth.…  “ that’s hot “ “ don’t touch it”.

Why as Educated Adults , watching other Adults are we not Calling them out as Stuipid ?

What do we fear ?      .. Retaliation?

Instead we condone actions of these type of Adults and let it manifest into real threats to society..   

If such types can be easily misled,..

Why can they not be shown right from wrong ?

They do make assist the World in being unsafe.

EDUCATION must evolve and be more widespread.

Manipulators of truth must be called out.

They create Regimes,.     and with what we saw in the United States of America on Jan 6 ..      

Trump conspired to create one.

He must stand for the crime of Treason to his Country.

I think treating Trump supporters like adults is the problem.  You can't do that with these people.

• Cheers 1

Man, one can hope this happens.  

https://www.salon.com/2024/08/07/experts-say-elon-musks-pac-could-be-in-legal-trouble-for-falsely-claiming-it-registered/

Experts say Elon Musk's PAC could be in legal trouble for falsely claiming it registered voters

Legal experts told Salon that the billionaire's pro-Trump America PAC may have broken state and federal statutes

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

The funny thing is you see this everywhere. There's warnings on the Fraser River. What does the TV News show? Some dude with his 3 kids playing by and in the Fraser River. Yes, it's calm now, but there's going to be debris coming downstream. But hey he knows better than "experts" right?

I've gone to parties by the Fraser River in the 90's. And people I know got sick taking a dip in the Fraser by Richmond. And that's without a flood warning.

27 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Lot of events scheduled for the new ticket this week. 

Raised over $41 million yesterday alone.  This is a movement. 

One thing that flew under the radar a bit after the Trump assassination attempt, was the fact that he had lately been doing mainly outdoor events, making security more difficult. Of course, the reason for not using arenas, (as he had so many times in the past) is pure Donald Trump:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/montana-cities-waiting-on-trump-to-fork-over-50k-after-stiffing-them-for-costs-of-rallies/ar-AA1oplOn?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=7045f76ed2fa42b1bdf1a52b7c7bfa85&ei=51

With reporter Bowen West writing, "Around the country, reports claim his campaign rarely pays invoices to local government for the increased police presence, security and other costs that come with hosting the event. Some places in Montana are still expecting payment," he added, "Officials with Missoula County confirmed and sent NBC Montana the invoice showing $12,922.82 is still owed. That breaks down to $10,835.41 for officer salaries, $1,059.26 for dispatcher salaries, $693.72 for Office of Emergency Management and $334.43 for miscellaneous expenses."

The report notes that an "official with the city of Billings confirmed they were never reimbursed for the cost of additional police presence totaling $45,900."

According to the same article, the upcoming Trump rally is to be held at the Brick Breeden Field House, which according to Wiki, has a capacity of about 8500....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_Breeden_Fieldhouse

They might want to get paid up front....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

One thing that flew under the radar a bit after the Trump assassination attempt, was the fact that he had lately been doing mainly outdoor events, making security more difficult. Of course, the reason for not using arenas, (as he had so many times in the past) is pure Donald Trump:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/montana-cities-waiting-on-trump-to-fork-over-50k-after-stiffing-them-for-costs-of-rallies/ar-AA1oplOn?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=7045f76ed2fa42b1bdf1a52b7c7bfa85&ei=51

According to the same article, the upcoming Trump rally is to be held at the Brick Breeden Field House, which according to Wiki, has a capacity of about 8500....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_Breeden_Fieldhouse

They might want to get paid up front....

If I was a mayor of a city tapped to host the grifter, I'd get an estimate for how much it would cost, then demand a 150%, up front deposit.  Once the actual cost is determined, team TRUMP gets the invoice and any money left over from the deposit.  After El Paso, there should be zero cities that don't demand some massive deposit prior to hosting any TRUMP events.

This line of thinking was kinda poo pooed during the discussion after the attempt.  I know, because I was one of the few who brought it up.  Even posting an article from July of this year about Green Bay.  

Here's another article from July 8th of this year.

https://kfoxtv.com/news/local/trumps-campaign-still-owes-el-paso-over-500k-for-2019-rally-other-cities-also-unpaid

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Man, one can hope this happens.  

https://www.salon.com/2024/08/07/experts-say-elon-musks-pac-could-be-in-legal-trouble-for-falsely-claiming-it-registered/

Experts say Elon Musk's PAC could be in legal trouble for falsely claiming it registered voters

Legal experts told Salon that the billionaire's pro-Trump America PAC may have broken state and federal statutes

That's shady af, I hope Musk gets absolutely hammered on this 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

😂 

Back in 2018 Arthur Jones former leader of American nazi party, ran in 3rd congressional district in Illinois.

I received robocalls from the GOP saying not to vote for him because he is a nazi.

He still got 58k votes because he had R next to his name,

• Like 1