US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

I definitely wasn't expecting this fervor coming from the Democrats over Kamala Harris, colour me very pleasantly surprised. Harris-Walz is like a runaway freight train right now and Trump-Vance are flailing. 

While it annoys me that politics is essentially decided by being a popularity contest, at least the party that can actually govern is the more popular one now and it seems the divide is growing. 

The right is throwing everything right now and getting desperate but nothing is sticking at all. I'm glad the Democrats have come together and are rallying support at a torrent pace. Seeing a Putin-wannabe like Trump actually leading the polls before was ridiculous.

538 has Harris at 1.9% above Trump on the national average of polls (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2024/national/). 

I know it really breaks down to a few swing states at the end of the day, but its good to see.

It's very early to make any judgments but Harris' campaign has a lot of the enthusiasm vibes of Trump's 2016 campaign.

The difference being Trump is still running the same campaign he was in 2016 despite the country being in a totally different place in 2024.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

I definitely wasn't expecting this fervor coming from the Democrats over Kamala Harris, colour me very pleasantly surprised. Harris-Walz is like a runaway freight train right now and Trump-Vance are flailing. 

While it annoys me that politics is essentially decided by being a popularity contest, at least the party that can actually govern is the more popular one now and it seems the divide is growing. 

The right is throwing everything right now and getting desperate but nothing is sticking at all. I'm glad the Democrats have come together and are rallying support at a torrent pace. Seeing a Putin-wannabe like Trump actually leading the polls before was ridiculous.

If I'm being honest, I think a lot of it has to do with people thinking Biden was going to lose.....now there's real hope of keeping Dolt 45 out of office (and hopefully in jail) and people are stoked about it....

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

JD Vance Declares He’ll Debate Kamala Harris in a Matter of Days, Predicts ‘Bait and Switch’ Despite DNC Confirming Nominees

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/jd-vance-declares-hell-debate-kamala-harris-in-a-matter-of-days-predicts-bait-and-switch-despite-dnc-confirming-nominees/

😂

This putz is getting lit up. Can't wait.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Chickenspear said:

This putz is getting lit up. Can't wait.

I don't see a debate with Kamala happening. Why would she agree to debate a VP candidate?

Walz will be the one to mop the floor with Couch Boy....

• Upvote 3

To go back to Wolz military record. 

The other common line of attack other than his rank that @Sapper already explained and the fake abandonment narrative is accusation of falsifying deployment. Wolz did deploy in 2003 and on active duty but was only ordered to be deployed to Italy to back up any potential attack on Italy during the Iraq war.

So really the only somewhat workable attack is Wolz claim to have carried guns in war. Technically true as he probably did carry guns during training during his deployment to Italy as an adjacent part of the Iraqi war but that statement could imply he was in active combat. 

Edited by 24K

2 hours ago, 24K said:

Well far left Palestinian contingent just turned on Harris after that Michigan rally. 

She handled it they way it should have been ..   

she made them aware that Donald Trump is more of a threat to their existence than anyone.

Imagine her dealing with any Terroristic Regime or Country in the World ..

She is Iron Clad 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Meh. Enough already. Enjoy voting for Trump.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

She handled it they way it should have been .

Imagine her dealing with any Terroristic Regime or Country in the World ..

She is Iron Clad 

Well only major issue here is this is in Michigan where the large Arab community can easily swing the the state to Trump if they don't come out and vote for Harris. 

Hopefully the rest of the dem base can turnout in historic numbers to counteract that. 

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Well only major issue here is this is in Michigan where the large Arab community can easily swing the the state to Trump if they don't come out and vote for Harris. 

Hopefully the rest of the dem base can turnout in historic numbers to counteract that. 

The choice is clear if they want a partner. If they stay home or vote for trump they get what they deserve.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Enough already, ??   It’s just beginning.

31 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

They just need one little thread to pull on to make the equivalence, it doesn't even need to be attached to a sweater. Just something they can hold onto so they can claim both sides and whatnot. 

...until they realize that it's not thread from fabric that they're pulling on - it's their own butt hair!  :hurhur:

34 minutes ago, 24K said:

The squad pro Palestinian rep just lost her primary.