US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

I like a number here I would gather had to suffer getting a "bowl cut" from my mother way back when.

JD Vance is bringing back tradion like a good old American!:

(PS:  That's Alflives in the mirror looking in)

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 2

Slick Willy has still got it....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/most-gop-devastating-statistic-in-bill-clinton-s-dnc-speech-confirmed-by-fact-checker/ar-AA1pfHpa?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=f00fe8770775451ab0fd80efb3fff304&ei=13

Former President Bill Clinton on Wednesday used part of his speech at the Democratic National Convention to hit back at the notion that Republican presidents were better on the economy than Democratic presidents.

In particular, Clinton pointed to the record of job creation since the end of the Cold War under both Republican and Democratic presidents.

Former President Bill Clinton on Wednesday used part of his speech at the Democratic National Convention to hit back at the notion that Republican presidents were better on the economy than Democratic presidents.

In particular, Clinton pointed to the record of job creation since the end of the Cold War under both Republican and Democratic presidents.

Washington Post fact checker Philip Bump decided to fact check Clinton's claim and found that it was 100 percent correct.

"There have been six presidents since 1989, three from each party," wrote Bump. "Under the three Democrats — Clinton, Barack Obama and Joe Biden — there was a cumulative increase of 50 million more people working between the starts of their terms and the ends. Under the three Republicans — George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush and Donald Trump — the cumulative total was, in fact, only 1 million."

Now, I realize that job creation is not the be all and end all of the Economy (any more than the stock market is) but it's an indicator of how things are going....

50-1 is a blowout worthy of the San Jose Sharks, Carolina Panthers, Detroit Pistons, or the Chicago White Sox....

.....or Donald Trump court cases.....

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

The voice over is a bit robotic but wow-what an beautiful thing to see

Of course the MAGAts didn't wait long to have their fun with it:

https://www.newsweek.com/maga-mocks-tim-walz-son-crying-dnc-nomination-speech-1942889

MAGA Mocks Tim Walz's Son For Crying During DNC Speech

On Wednesday, the X account @The_Real_Fly posted the clip with the caption "BETA MAXXING." The post was viewed 201,000 times by Thursday morning.

The slang term "beta" or "beta male" is a derogatory phrase derived from ethology or the study of animal behavior. The term is frequently associated with so-called feminine qualities being present in a man. "Maxxing" is a suffix used to describe maximizing a specific trait, as in "looks-maxxing" or "status-maxxing." 

When a version of the video was posted by political commentator @dom_lucre, garnering more than 1 million views, prominent MAGA influencer @ColinRugg replied "Bruh", with @dom_lucre replying: "They can't talk about Rittenhouse anymore. He actually had his life on the line in that court room." This was in reference to when Kyle Rittenhouse cried while giving testimony during his murder trial. He was later acquitted of all charges over the 2020 shooting and killing of two people in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Another user @AlecLace, a Trump supporter who hosts a podcast about fatherhood replied to @dom_lucre writing, "Get that kid a tampon already." The comment was viewed 43,000 times by Thursday.

The pro-Trump account @AutismCapital posted an image of Gus Walz crying. "Poor kid. It was a heartfelt moment, but he's definitely going to become a meme," garnering 256,000 views. It later posted another image of the 17-year-old crying with the caption: "When you find the one working McDonald's Ice Cream machine in your city."

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Slick Willy has still got it....

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/most-gop-devastating-statistic-in-bill-clinton-s-dnc-speech-confirmed-by-fact-checker/ar-AA1pfHpa?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=f00fe8770775451ab0fd80efb3fff304&ei=13

Now, I realize that job creation is not the be all and end all of the Economy (any more than the stock market is) but it's an indicator of how things are going....

50-1 is a blowout worthy of the San Jose Sharks, Carolina Panthers, Detroit Pistons, or the Chicago White Sox....

.....or Donald Trump court cases.....

Easy Rup! Long suffering White Sox fan.

2 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Easy Rup! Long suffering White Sox fan.

Ffftt....that's nothing....

I'm a Canucks fan, Bills fan, Jays fan and I cheer for the Netherlands in football. I was actually considering cheering for the Oilers, just so I could jinx them....

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Ffftt....that's nothing....

I'm a Canucks fan, Bills fan, Jays fan and I cheer for the Netherlands in football. I was actually considering cheering for the Oilers, just so I could jinx them....

I hear you, just once before I head into the sunset, I'd like to see the Canucks win a Cup!

• Cheers 2

Just now, Johngould21 said:

I hear you, just once before I head into the sunset, I'd like to see the Canucks win a Cup!

Same. I'm thinking I have a realistic chance....but it's probably going to have to happen in the next 15-20 years, or I'm out of luck....

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Same. I'm thinking I have a realistic chance....but it's probably going to have to happen in the next 15-20 years, or I'm out of luck....

That 15-20 would be a stretch for me, but, I'm a stubborn sob!

• Cheers 1

'I smell desperation': Trump influencer's 'vile' attack on Tim Walz's son sparks outrage

https://www.rawstory.com/gus-walz/

The tearful response from Democratic Vice Presidential nominee Tim Walz's son as his father pointed to his family and said, "Hope, Gus and Gwen you are my entire world, and I love you” drew a sneer from one of Donald Trump's most avid supporters — which led one of her critics to call her "vile" on social media.

During the Minnesota governor's acceptance speech, he talked about his family and the difficulties he and his wife had in conceiving daughter Hope and son Gus which led his son to jump up with tears in his eyes and point and claim, "That's my dad!"

As has been previously reported 17-year-old Gus is neurodivergent, with the Washington Post noting, "Walz and his wife have shared publicly their son has a nonverbal learning disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and an anxiety disorder."

• Cheers 3

Some will call it bravery, some would call it false bravado and some would just call it stupid, but one thing we can all agree on....it's pure Donald Trump.

In an outdoor rally in North Carolina, Trump delivered his remarks while surrounded by bulletproof glass. (I suppose that's cheaper than actually paying for indoor venues) A prudent decision, based on what happened at his last outdoor rally....

But then he did this:

I think it's a nice gesture, but if I'm the FBI and I'm planning another assassination attempt, I have someone pretend to have a heart attack in the front row.....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

That 15-20 would be a stretch for me, but, I'm a stubborn sob!

I hear that gets worse, the older you get.....

I guess I'll find out in a few years....:classic_cool:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, kilgore said:

https://www.newsweek.com/maga-mocks-tim-walz-son-crying-dnc-nomination-speech-1942889

On Wednesday, the X account @The_Real_Fly posted the clip with the caption "BETA MAXXING." The post was viewed 201,000 times by Thursday morning.

The slang term "beta" or "beta male" is a derogatory phrase derived from ethology or the study of animal behavior. The term is frequently associated with so-called feminine qualities being present in a man. "Maxxing" is a suffix used to describe maximizing a specific trait, as in "looks-maxxing" or "status-maxxing." 

When a version of the video was posted by political commentator @dom_lucre, garnering more than 1 million views, prominent MAGA influencer @ColinRugg replied "Bruh", with @dom_lucre replying: "They can't talk about Rittenhouse anymore. He actually had his life on the line in that court room." This was in reference to when Kyle Rittenhouse cried while giving testimony during his murder trial. He was later acquitted of all charges over the 2020 shooting and killing of two people in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Another user @AlecLace, a Trump supporter who hosts a podcast about fatherhood replied to @dom_lucre writing, "Get that kid a tampon already." The comment was viewed 43,000 times by Thursday.

The pro-Trump account @AutismCapital posted an image of Gus Walz crying. "Poor kid. It was a heartfelt moment, but he's definitely going to become a meme," garnering 256,000 views. It later posted another image of the 17-year-old crying with the caption: "When you find the one working McDonald's Ice Cream machine in your city."

But this guy is their hero:

image.thumb.jpeg.089cc03063c3ef30c7ee235abbfebbe8.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

57 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Absolutely beyond disgusting, these MAGAnimals.

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Apparently Ann Coulter was also piling on and received a swift response. The best was from the Lincoln Project's Rick Wilson:

“Ann Coulter will die alone, and forensic pathologist will discover her withered corpse is nothing but Marlboro reds and box wine.” :classic_laugh:

Jennifer Lopez Yes GIF by mtv

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Some will call it bravery, some would call it false bravado and some would just call it stupid, but one thing we can all agree on....it's pure Donald Trump.

In an outdoor rally in North Carolina, Trump delivered his remarks while surrounded by bulletproof glass. (I suppose that's cheaper than actually paying for indoor venues) A prudent decision, based on what happened at his last outdoor rally....

But then he did this:

I think it's a nice gesture, but if I'm the FBI and I'm planning another assassination attempt, I have someone pretend to have a heart attack in the front row.....

FAKE. AS. SHIT.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

FAKE. AS. SHIT.

Yeah...I picture the conversation going something like this:

"Okay guys, we have to come up with a way to make Trump look like less of an asshole.....ideas?"

• Haha 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Yeah...I picture the conversation going something like this:

"Okay guys, we have to come up with a way to make Trump look like less of an asshole.....ideas?"

The minute I saw it, it rang fishier than 3 day old halibut still in the catch tank of a pleasure boat. Harris had had a situation the day before, in Milwaukee, where she alerted medics to someone in the audience needing medical assistance. Lo and behold, not even 24 hours, his JabbaTheHutship had left his bullet-proof glass enclosure to go check out a 'medical emergency' in the crowd. Like he gives a flying feck but hey, let's see if we can make some mileage. It was so fake that my almost 90 year old mother can see through it without her glasses on and her meds not yet taken. They seem to think that people are just too bloody stupid to see through this crap.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Cerridwen said:

The minute I saw it, it rang fishier than 3 day old halibut still in the catch tank of a pleasure boat. Harris had had a situation the day before, in Milwaukee, where she alerted medics to someone in the audience needing medical assistance. Lo and behold, not even 24 hours, his JabbaTheHutship had left his bullet-proof glass enclosure to go check out a 'medical emergency' in the crowd. Like he gives a flying feck but hey, let's see if we can make some mileage. It was so fake that my almost 90 year old mother can see through it without her glasses on and her meds not yet taken. They seem to think that people are just too bloody stupid to see through this crap.

Basically, any time you see Trump do something for someone besides himself, there's a hidden benefit....to himself....

I'm sure we all remember his outdoor rally in the middle of summer, when he made people wait for hours and several of them collapsed from sunstroke....he didn't seem to GAF then....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

In North Carolina, a state that should be secure in, but is now losing.

• Cheers 1