US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Is it Elon appreciation day?  If I join the fan club do I get a badge and a decoder ring?

Every day is Elon appreciation day....for some people.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

If we want to get into conspiracy theories, here's one for you. This articles postulates that a rich mega donor (or a group of mega donors) were behind RFK Jr dropping out and endorsing Trump:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/as-rfk-jr-backs-trump-here-s-the-secretive-billionaire-plutocrat-funding-them-both/ar-AA1pm3JR?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=adc1f05d966c4c0b944cdd9a52382e11&ei=50

Joining Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump onstage at a campaign rally in Arizona Friday night, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. tried to emphasize what the two share.

"We talked about not the values that separate us, because we don't agree on everything, but on the values and issues that bind us together," Kennedy said shortly after suspending his independent presidential bid to throw his support behind Trump.

But Kennedy did not mention that he and Trump have in common the same billionaire megadonor, a reclusive heir to a Gilded Age fortune who has pumped over $165 million into the 2024 campaign thus far.

Timothy Mellon, the grandson of plutocrat Andrew Mellon, has poured tens of millions of dollars into the campaigns of both Trump and Kennedy, making the secretive billionaire the top individual donor to both.

The campaign finance watchdog OpenSecrets noted Friday in an analysis of Mellon's donations that the billionaire "made a $50 million cash infusion to pro-Trump super PAC Make America Great Again, Inc." in July, according to new Federal Election Commission filings.

"This brings his total contributions to the group to $125 million this election cycle, including a $50 million check he wrote to the super PAC the day after Trump was convicted of 34 felonies," OpenSecrets added. "Mellon's latest $50 million contribution accounts for over 90% of what MAGA, Inc. raised in July."

As for Kennedy, his hybrid PAC American Values 2024 received $25 million from Mellon earlier this year. OpenSecrets observed that Kennedy is quoted on the cover of the billionaire's autobiography, "praising Mellon as a 'maverick entrepreneur.'"

"He and Trump both shared the same major donor—billionaire nepo baby Timothy Mellon. RFK Jr.'s campaign was always a MAGA spoiler."

Robert Reich, the former U.S. labor secretary, wrote Friday that "it's no surprise" Kennedy dropped out of the 2024 race and endorsed Trump.

Mellon is a member of a powerful group known as "guardian angels," a label "for big donors who supply 40% or more of a committee's funds and are a political group's top contributor," OpenSecrets explained.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I thought the RFK speech was pretty good, specifically the part when he talked about chronic health problems of the country. That doesn't get enough attention in the national conversation (probably due to lobbyists I'd guess).

I also got a kick out of him talking about how the corporate press was captured right at the beginning so it would be aired live on those networks. CTV even cut away from it right at that point, effectively making his point. Hilarious. 

Anyways, strategically its great timing for Trump, only one day after the DNC & they grab the headlines with this endorsement.

Roadkill Jr talking about health kind of makes me chuckle.

Honestly don't know how anyone can take him seriously. Look at the criticism he levelled at Trump just weeks ago, if he meant any of it he wouldn't be standing with trump.

Just curious, what do you mean by corporate media? 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

This is a real product, put out and advertised on NewsMax.  In support of Trump? :classic_blink:

But they're not weird, right?

I wonder if that mouth was sized to fit Putin's Johnson?

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

This should tell you all you need to know about RFK Jr.....

https://apnews.com/article/rfk-kennedy-election-vaccines-2ccde2df146f57b5e8c26e8494f0a16a

Imagine losing your child and then having that grief compounded because some POS wants to use your child's death to further his personal agenda....

He's no better than Alex Jones in my book and a perfect compliment to the POS he's now sucking up to.

dunno, Alex Jones is a very low bar. I'd say he's above denying school shootings, I guess if that is a compliment now. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Refusing Routine Intel Meetings, Says Dems Will ‘Leak’ Classified Info and Blame Him: ‘I Don’t Need Their Briefing’

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-refusing-routine-intel-meetings-says-dems-will-leak-classified-info-and-blame-him-i-dont-need-their-briefing/

maybe this is for the best? the less he knows the better. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Elon Musk bails out NASA and their failed $4.2 billion project...

i was hoping he would tell them to jump in the Tesla he has up in space.

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Elon is a dink, but this is pretty serious. I can appreciate what SpaceX does but not like the man.

Most billionaires are dinks.

Hes just more in sight than most of them. 

At least his companies are pushing mankind forward.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, most definitely.  I will call Elon right now and ask him to let you in...   😊

Here's the true colours of Elon Muscovite:

Still think this worthless piece of garbage belongs anywhere other than prison?

Edited by King Heffy

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Here's the true colours of Elon Muscovite:

Still think this worthless piece of garbage belongs anywhere other than prison?

I think you’d be surprised at how many American billionaires profit from war and play both sides.

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I think you’d be surprised at how many American billionaires profit from war and play both sides.

Most have the sense to not openly promote Nazism like Musk is doing though.  The sooner the kid gloves are removed and he's forced to answer for his crimes against humanity, the better.