US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

image.thumb.png.ce55873196b3f0d2c763c816934608af.png

I don't see it your way. When I look at those three I think of how many jobs they created and how much revenue they have generated for the USA government by doing so. 

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Absolutely.  Like I said, if it were me, I'd have trespassed all of them immediately and called the police if they didn't get going.  They broke plenty of rules.

100%

I would also be framing this as a clear indication trump doesn't give a fuck about military or respects any of the us armed services.

I would have an entire 30 second campaign video about his statements regarding soldiers, pow's the wounded and how he snubs service events and disrespects the fallen.

The issue is, as most arlington reps are retired veterans, many existing from the koren and vietnam wars, the likelihood of Trumps two individuals who verbally and physically assaulted someone is pretty much more accurately stated that they attacked an old man/veteran for saying have some respect and you cant do that here

11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don't see it your way. When I look at those three I think of how many jobs they created and how much revenue they have generated for the USA government by doing so. 

You dont see it my way, but these individuals collectively claim they earn a dollar but could almost collect their amassed wealth and pay off nearly the entirety of canadas sovereign debt.

But they only claim to make a single dollar in salary and you don't see it that way.

I guess we can agree to disagree here, knowing that if I am claiming my yearly income/salary is only a dollar I am getting audited out the ass; but these individuals get a pass because "job creators"

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Warhippy said:

100%

I would also be framing this as a clear indication trump doesn't give a fuck about military or respects any of the us armed services.

I would have an entire 30 second campaign video about his statements regarding soldiers, pow's the wounded and how he snubs service events and disrespects the fallen.

I'm fine with wreath laying once a year, but when politicians use these places for their own ends, it shows who they truly are.

The issue is, as most arlington reps are retired veterans, many existing from the koren and vietnam wars, the likelihood of Trumps two individuals who verbally and physically assaulted someone is pretty much more accurately stated that they attacked an old man/veteran for saying have some respect and you cant do that here

That saddens me even more than it p*sses me off.  Many retired military vets still venerate presidents as their commander in chief.  This guy, as far as he's concerned, got roughed up by his old commanders sycophantic staff.

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Arlington representatives are universally ex army/military.

Arlington statements flat out do not allow for photographs of any kind in Section 60, the designated resting place for those lost in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Federal law prohibits any and all campaign related activities in arlington national cemetery period. PERIOD.

Smiling and throwing a thumbs up in front of the graves of dead soldiers is fucking gross, especially when it is for a blatant campaign photo op when he refused to attend at all last year and has refused to visit graves of the fallen in the past including on remembrance day and veterans day

Seems to me if Trumps people CLAIM they have video evidence to prove their case they'll show it right?  Guys?  Anyone?

Officials at Arlington national cemetery have filed a report over the behavior of members of Donald Trump’s campaign staff who reportedly shoved and verbally abused an employee during a “crass” photo opportunity for the Republican presidential candidate.

The officials confirmed that a confrontation took place at the Virginia cemetery on Monday after the former president participated in a wreath-laying ceremony for 13 US servicemen and -women killed in a 2021 suicide bomb attack in Kabul, Afghanistan.

In a statement, Arlington acknowledged one of its representatives became involved in the altercation with two Trump staffers, telling them that only cemetery representatives were allowed to take video and photographs in Section 60, an area where recent US casualties mostly from Iraq and Afghanistan are buried.

“Federal law prohibits political campaign or election-related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, to include photographers, content creators or any other persons attending for purposes, or in direct support of a partisan political candidate’s campaign,” the statement said, adding that “a report was filed” over the incident.

image.thumb.png.2135722ee98c97a47b5e7e4b1f4efab0.png

A source with knowledge of the incident said the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump staffers from filming and photographing in a section where recent U.S. casualties are buried. The source said Arlington officials had made clear that only cemetery staff members would be authorized to take photographs or film in the area, known as Section 60.

When the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump campaign staff from entering Section 60, campaign staff verbally abused and pushed the official aside, according to the source.

Is the relative beside trump really doing the "ok" symbol?

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Then I don't understand your comment above?

It was the use of the word "authority".  I was just saying that you don't technically need authority to call a press conference. 

If you want to do it on other's property, like the cemetery, you're risking a trespassing charge.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

It was the use of the word "authority".  I was just saying that you don't technically need authority to call a press conference. 

If you want to do it on other's property, like the cemetery, you're risking a trespassing charge.

Ah ok. 

It's just kind of gross that a family would do this, but I guess it makes them happy.

Just now, Bob Long said:

Ah ok. 

It's just kind of gross that a family would do this, but I guess it makes them happy.

I don't blame the family.  I blame the people that know better.  One of them used to be the commander of the military.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I don't blame the family.  I blame the people that know better.  One of them used to be the commander of the military.

Id like some clarification on the hand symbol one of them is using before I can sympathize.

Just now, Bob Long said:

Id like some clarification on the hand symbol one of them is using before I can sympathize.

Yeah, I'm not buying the family didn't do it for political benefit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm fine with wreath laying once a year, but when politicians use these places for their own ends, it shows who they truly are.

That saddens me even more than it p*sses me off.  Many retired military vets still venerate presidents as their commander in chief.  This guy, as far as he's concerned, got roughed up by his old commanders sycophantic staff.

I had to do a little dive.  Most of the representatives to the Arlington site are old/ex military individuals who have been retired vets or wounded/retired vets.  They have a qualified grounds crew as well, many of whom are also ex military.  There are in fact non military members and contractors working for the ANC but by and large the hired are in fact predominantly ex military as the hiring process prefers individuals with a service record.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I saw your post about that.  One sec.  I'll check it out.

I've been busy checking my grammar and spelling on my posts.  I actually got sleep last night.  So my posts today are fairly legible... lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I had to do a little dive.  Most of the representatives to the Arlington site are old/ex military individuals who have been retired vets or wounded/retired vets.  They have a qualified grounds crew as well, many of whom are also ex military.  There are in fact non military members and contractors working for the ANC but by and large the hired are in fact predominantly ex military as the hiring process prefers individuals with a service record.

Many still have and still wear their old uniforms on special days, especially Memorial Day.

Going to that place is a bit of as tear jerker.  I haven't been there in over 20 years, but I'd imagine it's still much the same.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It looks like 🤟

Which we all know comes from Dio's gran that used to use it to ward off evil spirits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I don’t give them a pass either as the wreath laying was for 12 other families as well. Kind of gross for this one family to foist politics on the others at a solemn event honouring their loved ones.

• Cheers 1

I like the logic in here.

They can be there, I mean there are rules against it but they can literally be there.

I can drive down the wrong side of the street too. I mean there's rules against it, but I can do it. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Many still have and still wear their old uniforms on special days, especially Memorial Day.

Going to that place is a bit of as tear jerker.  I haven't been there in over 20 years, but I'd imagine it's still much the same.

So this suggest only; if and ONLY IF the events unfolded as suggested or reported in the incident

That two of Trumps staffers assaulted or potentially assaulted a (potentially only) potential former military member who has either retired from service or been wounded in the line of duty, all so their asshole can throw a wreath on a grave for people he couldn't give a fuck about while smiling giving a thumbs up and using it as a campaign endorsement which is directly against federal laws governing the ANC site.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 2

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Best guess is that she went to University of Texas.  They throw up the "long horns" every chance they get.  Matthew McConaughey is always on campus with their football team even though he graduated decades ago.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Looks like her thumb is bent over, which would mean she's making this sign: 🤘

Thats the one I meant

I'm only a yellow belt in emoji'ing

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Best guess is that she went to University of Texas.  They throw up the "long horns" every chance they get.  Matthew McConaughey is always on campus with their football team even though he graduated decades ago.

Those dudes stole it.....

From the devil!

They will have hell to pay.

• Haha 1