US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Haven’t had time to read the transcript yet but what did she have to say about the important stuff that Americans want to know like batteries and sharks or Hannibal Lector or how many times she has to flush the toilet?

Or birds ("THEY" say birds exist pfffff) and their battle with windmills. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Lol @ Lynyrd Skynyrd being on the Do not use their music list for Dotard events.  Who does that leave Herr VonSh*tsHisPants?  Ted Nugent (fellow draft dodger compadre of Urine Man)?  

Ya, there's probably a TRUMP aid who'd suggest "Stranglehold" saying it's a banger track from craps his pants Nugent.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Lol @ Lynyrd Skynyrd being on the Do not use their music list for Dotard events.  Who does that leave Herr VonSh*tsHisPants?  Ted Nugent (fellow draft dodger compadre of Urine Man)?  

Ted and Kid Rock, lol.

• Cheers 1

The base is not likely to change their opinion from now till election day. 

The Bulwark podcast is composed of bunch of republicans against Trump. They tend not to be cheerleaders like democrat leaning channels.

They get what conservatives and swing voters look for.  I enjoy listening to their opinions.  The Harris coalition is broad and will need them to win it. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 24K said:

Dude to be 100% clear if I have the vote I will vote for her. Actually maybe not cause my potential vote doesn't matter where I live. 

Trump would be a disaster for the economy and to even mention women's right. 

Problem is most voters don't see hiw Trump would be bad for the economy due to entrenched narrative that the right is always good for the economy despite all evidence. Issue is Biden's economy ain't all roses for the average worker. 

As much women's right is important to you or me, a lot of Americans particularly men don't give a shit about it. Those people need a better reason to vote for Harris. She need to separate from Biden and provide bold policy that will significantly improve their lives to win them over.

She ain't doing that right now. She is literally running on standard Dem policy that is put out election after election and she lack Obama like charisma to make that work like in 2012. 

I think you've just proven just how compelling the not trump case is though because even if Harris' campaign isn't enough you still see the need to vote for her over Trump.

Time will tell. It's still a coin flip but I'm not sure any policy update or interview will swing the voters who are already against women. It's pretty much Trumps base.

This is already asymmetric warfare. Harris has to be perfect while Trump can shit his pants on live TV and not have it affect his ratings. I say change it up. Keep giving Trump room to offend more constituencies that may still be swing voters. Don't give in to their demands and expectations. 

Don't get me wrong either. It sucks that the GOP isn't a viable alternative. I agree the Dems will get lazier and lazier if their opponents are just cartoonishly incompetent and repugnant rather than conservatives with decorum and integrity. If the Right doesn't clean up and the Dems just campaign everytime on 'saving democracy ' there isn't really truly one either if there's just always going to be one choice.

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 1

Trump is unique among malignant narcissists in being of below average intelligence, inarticulate, and poorly read.

Many non-political malignant narcissists (Ted Bundy) had high IQ's. And even "cult of personality" malignant narcissists (Jim Jones), were literate and sharp. The pervasiveness and persuasiveness of cult leaders is usually enhanced by their intelligence and articulacy.

Trump is such a loud, boorish, and obvious con, that his political rise speaks as much to our celebrity culture, our consuming of media in echo chambers, his craven enablers, and our aggrieved society. This convergence has created a phenomenon that's made too much of our electorate sadly susceptible.

Bringing this to "now," because Trump achieved the presidency and the grandiosity associated with it, it is now surreal to us, and inconceivable to him, that he faces utter and total defeat AT THE SAME TIME as being a candidate to get it back.

BUT - and this is the point of this tweet - BECAUSE he's such an idiot, and so owned by his disorders, he can't navigate the moment. He's become too old, too desperate, too fearful and unable to process his own mortification, and utterly unable to play from behind.

All he has are his cravings, desperation and toxicity. He has no smarts, no patience, no strategy, no craftiness. And no incoming narcissistic nutrition. You can see it more clearly now, because - there's nothing else!

His decline is unmistakable. His demise will be spectacular.
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Trump is unique among malignant narcissists in being of below average intelligence, inarticulate, and poorly read.

Many non-political malignant narcissists (Ted Bundy) had high IQ's. And even "cult of personality" malignant narcissists (Jim Jones), were literate and sharp. The pervasiveness and persuasiveness of cult leaders is usually enhanced by their intelligence and articulacy.

Trump is such a loud, boorish, and obvious con, that his political rise speaks as much to our celebrity culture, our consuming of media in echo chambers, his craven enablers, and our aggrieved society. This convergence has created a phenomenon that's made too much of our electorate sadly susceptible.

Bringing this to "now," because Trump achieved the presidency and the grandiosity associated with it, it is now surreal to us, and inconceivable to him, that he faces utter and total defeat AT THE SAME TIME as being a candidate to get it back.

BUT - and this is the point of this tweet - BECAUSE he's such an idiot, and so owned by his disorders, he can't navigate the moment. He's become too old, too desperate, too fearful and unable to process his own mortification, and utterly unable to play from behind.

All he has are his cravings, desperation and toxicity. He has no smarts, no patience, no strategy, no craftiness. And no incoming narcissistic nutrition. You can see it more clearly now, because - there's nothing else!

will ferrell omg GIF

33 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

As an experienced google psychologist and murder documentary aficionado I'm going to say it's the money. His ego is fueled by it. So in that way he was always insulated from the ridicule he must have faced for being so fucking stupid. 

• Cheers 1

The Arlington Trump scandal spreads. According to reports. Speaker Mike Johnson pressured a reluctant Pentagon and Arlington staff to give Trump access to the hallowed grounds. After intense pressure from Johnson Arlington staff relented as long as Trump followed the rules. He did not follow the rules and illegally used the graves of fallen soldiers as a background for political ads. Trump was accompanied by Utah MAGA GOP Gov. Spencer Cox who has already used prohibited photos with himself, Trump and veterans gravestones in a fundraising e-mail. This is an outrageous breach of protocol by Johnson, Trump And whoever else decided to use dead hero’s graves as a political prop. I am beyond disgusted by this insult to all veterans. And to America.

Story keeps getting worse.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well.  I guess age isn't an issue or senility anymore.

FB_IMG_1725035832174.jpg

Well, I for one don't eat bacon because pigs are smarter than some ex-presidents. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Well, I for one don't eat bacon because pigs are smarter than some ex-presidents. 

Stopped eating mammals a couple of years ago, just can't eat sentient, intelligent animals anymore (just my choice, others can live how they want).

But after listening to trump, you have to wonder how he'd pair with a little tarragon. 

I believe that if ever I had to practice cannibalism, I might manage if there were enough tarragon around.

Edited by Bob Long

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Stopped eating mammals a couple of years ago, just can't eat sentient, intelligent animals anymore (just my choice, others can live how they want).

But after listening to trump, you have to wonder how he'd pair with a little tarragon. 

Humans and pigs are very similar.

Human bacon would likely be very tasty.

https://www.science.org.au/curious/people-medicine/similarities-between-humans-and-pigs

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Maybe we should ask 'The late great Hannibal Lector'?

For a guy that is soo weird in soo many ways, his misunderstanding of movies vs reality might take the cake. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Makes you wonder honestly 

They really did run the GOP talking points more than they actually asked questions about policy 

FB_IMG_1725035634793.jpg

To be fair, having Harris be able to directly answer GOP talking points and attacks and answer them well will only help bolster her side. That's more likely to win over GOP voters than just mentioning policies, which the left are more concerned about.

GOP voters are less likely to actually care about the policies and a lot of leftists seem to fail to recognize that. Like do you really think people who are leaning towards Trump actually care about policies?

Edited by The Lock

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I believe that if ever I had to practice cannibalism, I might manage if there were enough tarragon around.

Way too much marbling. If Trump was bacon ......

image.thumb.jpeg.f3fd4a5afc1ea1beb6d12b6c3fbe4256.jpeg

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Lock said:

To be fair, having Harris be able to directly answer GOP talking points and attacks and answer them well will only help bolster her side. That's more likely to win over GOP voters than just mentioning policies, which the left are more concerned about.

GOP voters are less likely to actually care about the policies and a lot of leftists seem to fail to recognize that. Like do you really think people who are leaning towards Trump actually care about policies?

Yeah, Its kind of ironic how the MSM, goaded by the GOP, want to push the "no policy details" attack against Harris, who while not giving minute details, has laid out quite well her priories, and focus for her first term.  Maybe not to them directly, in a sit down interview before this, which is what really is the issue with the entitled MSM.

When looking at the other side, Trump is too stupid or lazy or distracted by polls, to even spell out his own policies other than ridiculous claims like Harris plans to let in 100,000,000 criminals and rapists, and he will shut down the border completely, and have a mass deportation of those criminals. Who are taking 100%, maybe even more....107% (his actual words) of all new jobs.

Its actually even worse as he's too stupid to come up with policy, so  the smarter wolves around him, wrote out his platform for him with Project 2025.  The Fascists in America know this is their golden opportunity to complete the change to an Oligarchy without anymore obnoxious environmental or labour or anti-trust laws to cut into profits. Trump is their golden goose who will help them attain untold wealth and power. All they have to do is feed his ego with flattery, and make sure he cashes in bigly as well.

But Trump is now afraid of associating with Project 2025, and running away from it. Even as it is written by his own former (and future) cabinet and forwarded by JD Vance.  I'd like to see Dana ask him ...if Project 2025 is NOT your platform, then please detail for us exactly what is your policy platform and how differs from P 2025?

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

Yeah, Its kind of ironic how the MSM, goaded by the GOP, want to push the "no policy details" attack against Harris, who while not giving minute details, has laid out quite well her priories, and focus for her first term.  Maybe not to them directly, in a sit down interview before this, which is what really is the issue with the entitled MSM.

When looking at the other side, Trump is too stupid or lazy or distracted by polls, to even spell out his own policies other than ridiculous claims like Harris plans to let in 100,000,000 criminals and rapists, and he will shut down the border completely, and have a mass deportation of those criminals. Who are taking 100%, maybe even more....107% (his actual words) of all new jobs.

Its actually even worse as he's too stupid to come up with policy, so  the smarter wolves around him, wrote out his platform for him with Project 2025.  The Fascists in America know this is their golden opportunity to complete the change to an Oligarchy without anymore obnoxious environmental or labour or anti-trust laws to cut into profits. Trump is their golden goose who will help them attain untold wealth and power. All they have to do is feed his ego with flattery, and make sure he cashes in bigly as well.

But Trump is now afraid of associating with Project 2025, and running away from it. Even as it is written by his own former (and future) cabinet and forwarded by JD Vance.  I'd like to see Dana ask him ...if Project 2025 is NOT your platform, then please detail for us exactly what is your policy platform and how differs from P 2025?

It's pretty apparent the fact the polls are swinging Harris' way has left Trump in a panic, so he's been trying to disassociate with anything that he himself may have said that would have made him unpopular. The result is a mess of a campaign with Trump showing no consistency aside from random banter that makes no sense.

Meanwhile, you have Harris who is sounding like she knows what she's doing. Forget policy. The fact that the choice is between a mess of a politician and someone who's sounding like they know what they're doing is likely to make a huge impact. This is something where the average person, who doesn't care about politics, will be able to see. The average person also happens to be the majority of potential voters.

• Upvote 1

When one side wants to take a knife to Social Security and Medicare, how much policy do you need?

They want to restrict contraception and institute a nationwide abortion ban.  Nope, we need details. 

I can go on point by point where Harris has given us her position, but for some reason that isn't enough.   We need to know the exact numbers and formulas for reasons.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1