US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Harris should try for another debate. She won last night and exposed Trump's lies consistently. She narrowed Trump's appeal. She should expand on the economic side so that people have a clear idea of where she stands on lowering living costs. 

100% but I don't think Trump or his team wants to take the risk. 

He's always been a piece of sh*t but he has lost all of his zing as he ages. 

He used to have a bit of timing, could pull off one liners. Now he is just angry and scattered.

Dig a hole and bury him. 

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Outsiders said:

terrible exit 

Forced vaccines to people that are now causing cancer among other health problems

roflmao.

Evidence be damned, some folk have their mind made up.

Too much time watching morons like RFKjr.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

It's a little late but we could have seen a replace Trump movement after last night ... If they had time 

His use of the urban myth about immigrants hunting and eating pets shows just how badly deranged he is

Gotta give it to Kamala.... She looked and acted very presidential last night and showed us she has the balls to take on anyone 

For the Democrats Biden was the issue. Not his actual work as it's about average or slightly better  for a president.  It was his age and decline in his sharpness and fight.

Kamala showed everyone last night that all Trump has was his "I'm better than Biden" and he is in trouble now. 

Zero chance he agrees to another debate 

I hope Trudeau is paying attention ..... All PP has is " I'm better than Truduea" and if voters have a different viable option he like Trump will no longer be a shoe in to win 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Harris should try for another debate. She won last night and exposed Trump's lies consistently. She narrowed Trump's appeal. She should expand on the economic side so that people have a clear idea of where she stands on lowering living costs. 

Donnie didn't have a great debate with a well past his due date Sleepy Joe.  He just had the advantage of facing a guy that should have retired earlier so he looked "better" by comparison 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Sapper said:

It's a little late but we could have seen a replace Trump movement after last night ... If they had time 

His use of the urban myth about immigrants hunting and eating pets shows just how badly deranged he is

Gotta give it to Kamala.... She looked and acted very presidential last night and showed us she has the balls to take on anyone 

For the Democrats Biden was the issue. Not his actual work as it's about average or slightly better  for a president.  It was his age and decline in his sharpness and fight.

Kamala showed everyone last night that all Trump has was his "I'm better than Biden" and he is in trouble now. 

Zero chance he agrees to another debate 

I hope Trudeau is paying attention ..... All PP has is " I'm better than Truduea" and if voters have a different viable option he like Trump will no longer be a shoe in to win 

Voters are tired of Junior though.  IMHO, that's a big difference that works in PPs favor.

• ThereItIs 1

Now that Harris has passed this test, she needs to lay out more details of her plans. If she can do that effectively trump might be hooped.

Trump still gets more credit for economic management, which is bizarre but that's still her next  hurdle.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Maybe he's just mad he wasn't "the chosen one"

Oh he is, it was just the other side down below that picked him.

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

What an ahole.....seriously. Misogynistic, racist, deranged POS.

He's a man child. 

He was played with like a cat toy, which should worry us voters.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Think Sleepy Joe only a multiple convicted felon and adjucated rapist.  Like a drunk BUT a mean nasty drunk.

(parody account)

thats awesome! Totally forgot about that 4 season thing 🤣

• Haha 1

Trump got bullied by Kamala for the entire debate. His counterpunches, such as “she put out, I’ll say that” were juvenile and failed to faze Harris. For the Dotard to claim that world leaders are afraid of him is laughable. Putin and Xi must be licking their chops at the thought that this incompetent might talk his way into the Presidency.

”Orban respects me”. Yeah right Orange Julius.  Orban is an assclown who does whatever Putin tells him to do.

Drumpf should book himself a one way ticket to that city that Putler is setting up for Westerners who want to go back to “traditional values” . 

• ThereItIs 3

Brit Hume, the network’s chief political analyst, was starker. “Make no mistake about it: Trump had a bad night,” Hume told Fox viewers. “This was pretty much her night.” Sounding exasperated, Hume complained that Trump had been repeatedly baited by Harris, leading Trump to relitigate “so many of the old grievances that we had long thought Trump had learned were not winners politically.” Harris, meanwhile, was composed and prepared, Hume said: “She kept her cool.”

“You’re saying she had a good night?” host Bret Baier asked him.

“I’m saying she certainly did,” Hume said sternly

https://slate.com/business/2024/09/debate-donald-trump-kamala-harris-winner-fox-news.html

If You Want to Know Who Won the Debate, Watch Fox News the Moment It Ended

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think this goes straight to Trumps true guiding principal.  Tell the lie enough times and people start to believe it. 
The racist trope about Haitians was exactly that. Have JD bring it up a few days before the debate so the news talks about it and then Trump repeats onTV and people start believing. His ultimate defence was that people on TV were saying (which is a clip that Harris should be hitting again and again about where he actually gets his info from).   It is a loop he gets people on TV saying his lie then uses them repeating his lie to defend that he is not lying. 
I thought Harris missed a couple beats. When talking about his love of dictators she didn’t list Orban, she knew he would have brought up Orban at some point and would have weekend that already dumb talking point. 
Thought it was hilarious that the spin was that she had a lot of prepared lines and platitudes, yeah how unprofessional of her to prepare. 
Biggest take away in the end is how easily manipulated Trump is either way. Easy to knock off his game with insults or compliments.
Loved the old man screaming at the clouds quote from Walz at the end, that was perfect 

End of the day though this is US politics, both sides claim victory and everyone loses. 

It has to be so intense to be part of something like this. She probably could have nailed him a few more times but I also think that being careful was part of the plan. 

I want Walz to ask Vance if it's ok to eat cats if it's road kill. 

Trump should be embarrassed. He couldn't answer one question directed at him. Even a simple yes or no, he couldn't do it. The hatred coming out of him. So angry with that scowl, throwing barbs at Kamala like a child. It astounds me that half of the US believes he is the person for the job.   

Edited by Nucker67
  • Cheers 4

Want even more evidence that TRUMP lost.  The Harris campaign is all for another another Debate.  TRUMP, not so much.  If TRUMP thought he did a good job and won, he'd be all for seconds. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4873681-donald-trump-kamala-harris-debate-abc-news/

Trump bashes ABC, says he’s ‘less inclined’ to do another debate

Edited by the destroyer of worlds
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

49 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

I'll be so glad when this saga is finally over. I lost my dad to the MAGA cult years ago, it would be nice to be able to have a conversation with him again that isn't political. I really miss that man, he used to be so chill, not full of rage all the time.

I'm sorry to hear this. My Dad was in the dump Trump but he listened to what we've had to say and he's totally changed. I am so proud of him...at his age, it's easy to be stuck on your mindset and being "right" but I convinced him that Trump's a delusional maniac and he is now the opposite of MAGA and is one of us MOFOs

Made Our Family Officially Stronger

F Trump

• Like 2