US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Notice the mansion this person is doing this "protest".  Kind of like how Kid Rock pretends he had to really rough it growing up (came from an affluent family)

Wonder if it legal to light  a fire in the middle of that street?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but October 11th marks the US and Canadian release of "The Apprentice". Not to be confused with Trump's TV program, this is the story of how a young Donald Trump came to be the man he has become under the tutelage of legendary cutthroat lawyer Roy Cohn. Cohn was  a key operative for Joe McCarthy's during the 1950s HUAC trials that destroyed people's lives over accusations of being Communists.

Not surprisingly, Trump has tried everything to block the movie being seen but some brave distributor took it on. The story details how Cohn schooled Trump into never admitting defeat, always claiming victory and other things that now seem so familiar to us about Trump. There are scenes devoted to his operations for hair transplants and liposuction and his rape of first wife Ivana. 

I don't know if it will be showing at a theatre near you, and I doubt I'll bother to go see it, but I sure am interested in the various public reactions will be and if it has any negative impact on the Trump campaign.

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1299039769/?ref_=tt_vi_i_1

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

MAGA Pastor Claims Kamala Harris Deployed 'Witchcraft' in Trump Debate

MAGA pastor and evangelical leader Lance Wallnau has accused Kamala Harris of using "witchcraft" during Tuesday's presidential debate.

In a series of posts on X (formerly Twitter), Wallnau claimed that the vice president used supernatural manipulation to gain the upper hand in her combative showdown with the former president.

"When I say 'witchcraft,' I am talking about what happened tonight. Occult-empowered deception, manipulation, and domination," Wallnau wrote early Wednesday morning, following the debate.

Wallnau, a prominent figure in the pro-Trump evangelical movement, has long portrayed the former president as a divinely chosen leader tasked with saving America from what he describes as a spiritual and political decline.

Harris' debate strategy and the behavior of the debate's two ABC News moderators, who fact-checked Trump five times, were not merely political tactics, Wallnau said, but part of a deeper, more sinister effort to deceive the public and control the debate's outcome.

I'll spare you all the rest.

Yep, Dark Brandon's successor already making an impact.

Kamalawitch.png.4cbb9f741712d86464a53171e98752e0.png

46 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

OMG... she is one of the most repulsive lifeforms on the planet. She basically lies for a living...makes up bullshit for a living... she gets paid by hits and responses to her outrageous, slanderous/libelous/defamatory crap so she just gets more outrageous all the time. She is crass, vile, just an altogether disgusting person without a single redeemable characteristic. She spins lies to buy black market Botox and cheap, backstreet plastic surgery with the expected results. I will spare you a collection of her nastiest tweets and behavior... it's bad enough she floats through my twitter feed on occasion but to deliberately share anything she tweets is a no go for me. Juanita Broaddrick is getting up there with her but Loony Laura Loomer truly is in a category all her own. She's been involuntarily committed to mental  facilities by her father, FFS. Now, as an adult, she just runs amok ...pretty sure she thinks she's in line for Mrs DJT and will do literally everything and anything to get there. Sadly, she's not young enough or blonde enough for him...tsk, tsk.

Maybe we should do the world a small favor and not repost her shit in here. Some people are just trash.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe we should do the world a small favor and not repost her shit in here. Some people are just trash.

She's not some far removed crank yelling from the cheap seats. She's someone who has worked her way into Trump's inner circle and has his ear.

• Cheers 1

Love this line.  2 of the 3 were Republican appointees with one appointed by TRUMP.  LOL

The ruling was handed down by U.S. Circuit Judges John M. Walker Jr., a George H.W. appointee; Raymond J. Lohier Jr., a Barack Obama appointee; and Michael H. Park, a Trump appointee.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/denied-trump-strikes-out-as-federal-judges-say-hush-money-case-must-stay-in-new-york-state-court/

DENIED’: Trump strikes out as federal judges say hush-money case must stay in New York state court

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

This might be my favourite of all the debate clips.

haha. love the comment “it’s cats, you stupid idiot”

not sure if that crowd believes cats are being eaten, but they got the stupid idiot part right

• ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, RinkonRenfrew said:

haha. love the comment “it’s cats, you stupid idiot”

not sure if that crowd believes cats are being eaten, but they got the stupid idiot part right

They should create AI video clip of Dotard actually telling saying on an old Access Hollywood clip "grab them by the p*ssy" intercut with cat pictures and Haitians".

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Proposes Dubious Plan To End Taxes On Overtime Work

The policy could shrink tax revenue and incentivize working well beyond a 40-hour week.

His ideas are already expected to add 7 trillion in debt over the next 10 years and that's before this lol. Indebt the country to try and buy votes.

The debate was not good from either side. I thought Trump had more substance but Harris ultimately came out looking better. 

Trump started strong & completely blew it in the middle. This guy just can't help himself, he went into full buffoon mode & sunk his own ship. He's just so narcissistic that he can't even focus. He's older now & has definitely lost the magic he had in 2016. Harris gave him some floaters where their was an obvious response to put the pressure on & he fumbled very badly. I was coming up with better responses sitting on my couch and he's the former president lmao. I think questioning his age is very valid as I thought it was with Biden. (Nvm Trump's obvious character flaws).

Harris was not great either. For her standards it was fine, but she came across as reading off a script. This was IMO highlighted by a moment during the abortion part where Trump stated his views on conditions where he supported it then she immediately proceeded to state her (opposite) version of his views without even so much as acknowledging what had just been said. It made no sense, it's like she had a section on a sheet of paper about the topic & just went into reading it as if it was a monologue. Ultimately lots of talking without saying much of substance for her imo. But hey it worked, so..

I was looking forward to seeing Kamala speak off script & it didn't feel like that's what this was, & of course Trump couldn't help himself but piss his diaper. I do agree the moderators were clearly conducting things in Harris favour, and I did think it was pretty obvious/egregious, but Trump still blew it moreso than they took it away imo. That kind of thing sometimes works in Trump's favour even but he just blew many openings he was given & Harris didn't sink herself + was effective enough at attacking Trump, which was all she needed.

I don't really think it ultimately changes much tho. I'd be curious to see another debate on a different network.

Edited by Smashian Kassian