US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, DSVII said:

What is the more egregious / disqualifying anecdote when it comes to the candidates and the military?

The guy who mocked the US military his whole life? Calling dead soldiers losers and suckers? Who asked his own Chief of Staff who lost a son to war, "I don't get it, what's in it for them?" and asked the same chief of staff who the good guys were in World War 1?

JD Vance discrediting Tim Walz' service and by extension thousands more veterans, as stolen valor despite decades of service. 

Or Harris, who is caught on a technicality here? 

The video of the soldiers by the way, needs more context on where they are deployed. Judging by the flags in the background, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Columbia? Is that an active war zone?  The US does have commitments around the world as peacekeepers that are next to conflict zones. Think she is referring to the massive combat zone they maintained in Afghanistan.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

TEAMSTERS RELEASE PRESIDENTIAL ENDORSEMENT POLLING DATA

“For the past year, the Teamsters Union has pledged to conduct the most inclusive, democratic, and transparent Presidential endorsement process in the history of our 121-year-old organization—and today we are delivering on that promise to our members,” said Teamsters General President Sean M. O’Brien. “Our members are the union, and their voices and opinions must be at the forefront of everything the Teamsters do. Our final decision around a possible Presidential endorsement will not be made lightly, but you can be sure it will be driven directly by our diverse membership.”

The Teamsters have not yet endorsed any candidate for U.S. President. The union’s General Executive Board expects to announce a decision on Wednesday.

This is really fascinating. How is the right in North America able to convince the labour vote to switch to a side that's never supported them?

I guess don't come crying when trump allows more union busting.

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

This is really fascinating. How is the right in North America able to convince the labour vote to switch to a side that's never supported them?

I mean dems kinda dropped the ball by not inviting their head to speak at the dnc but their current head is a bit of an a hole so this really ain't that surprising. 

Also remember teamster represent delivery drivers and truckers so knowing that group, it also ain't surprising.

Edited by 24K
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, 24K said:

So they are either idiots exposing themselves in an undercover op or have no clue what active combat means. Getting assigned to a post in the alps in Italy ain't active combat. (I don't know where they are as they never indicated themselves but look to have Puerto Rico flags so in a US territory?)

I'm very suspect of any active duty soldier making a political statement. The US military has a proud tradition of separating their duty from politics and being a-political. If these guys are real solders they'd probably get a chewing out by the NCO and some latrine duty.

Again Puerto Rico, Mexico, Columbia judging by the flags in the background. Not war zones like Afghanistan and Iraq. But there's definitely military posted in war zones they just aren't idiots about it because basic OpSec you won't share your location to probable enemies over social media.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

I mean dems kinda dropped the ball by not inviting their head to speak st the dnc but their current head is a bit of an a holse so this really ain't that surprising. 

Also remember teamster represent delivery drivers and truckers so knowing that group, it also ain't surprising.

ah, the covid ate my homework crowd. 

Oh well, it will be sort of funny when the GOP screws them, I guess. 

1 minute ago, Gator said:

I had video truth that after Trump's first assassination attempt Elon Musk's Space X team implanted a Star Link receiver in his ear while it was being operated on.  The Ukrainians jammed it and that's why his debate performance was so weak.   My video was scrambled by CIA operatives paid off by Peter Thiel so I can't show it to you.  But it's all true I swear.

• Haha 3

Haven't heard from this numbskull in awhile ....

Giuliani Takes Another L in Court as Judge Tosses His Suit Against Biden

Cash-strapped former Donald Trump adviser Rudy Giuliani’s defamation lawsuit against President Joe Biden has been dismissed after the judge handling the case determined that the former New York City mayor “utterly failed” to carry his burden.

Last October, Giuliani sued Biden for saying during a 2020 presidential debate that Giuliani was a “Russian pawn.”

Biden’s lawyers contended that the complaint was “utterly devoid of well-pled factual allegations,” and after Giuliani failed to respond to their motion to have the suit dismissed, New Hampshire District Court Judge Paul Barbadoro warned that he would rule on their request unless Giuliani gave a “legally sufficient reason to withhold action.”

After no action came from Giuliani, Barbadoro on Friday dismissed the lawsuit without prejudice, meaning Giuliani can file the suit again in another court. Whether Giuliani intends on doing so is unclear, especially considering his massive debts and other legal predicaments.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I had video truth that after Trump's first assassination attempt Elon Musk's Space X team implanted a Star Link receiver in his ear while it was being operated on.  The Ukrainians jammed it and that's why his debate performance was so weak.   My video was scrambled by CIA operatives paid off by Peter Thiel so I can't show it to you.  But it's all true I swear.

Just laugh and move on bro lol

36 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Seems like the labour vote doesn't feel that Joe and Kamala are supporting them very much.  Maybe it has to do with not being able to pay their mortgage and feed their families...

Just now, Satchmo said:

It's so much easier to make a list of problems than it is to make a list of solutions. 

that reminds me of an old collegue of mine, who used to say it was only his job to point out the problems 😄

yep real solutions are hard. Living with the consequences of choices is hard. But that used to be a big part of being conservative. 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, 24K said:

I mean dems kinda dropped the ball by not inviting their head to speak at the dnc but their current head is a bit of an a hole so this really ain't that surprising. 

They're probably just keeping all their options open by virtue of the fact they ended up endorsing nobody.  

5 minutes ago, Gator said:

80S GIF

Sense of humor? Well, that's why posted a joke based on the comical idea that Kamala or anyone else wears an earpiece.  Not everybody has the same sense of humor.  I suppose that's why you didn't laugh at my joke but instead apparently took offense.  My apologies if so.

8 minutes ago, 24K said:

To those that call me a negative Nancy, ahm @RupertKBD ahm. 

Finally some good news on Penn.

See I can be positive too. 😃

image.thumb.png.034e848cde2a0241db7041453f14d598.png

Ironically even though we disagree on how the Harris Campaign is in its messaging, I'm not as optimistic with the math haha 😄  this is a smaller polling lead than what Biden had (~4%), but it's all about who turns out to vote. (he won by 1.16%)