US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Gator said:

🤣

The only people this is going to even remotely convince are the people already voting for Trump.

Anyone else with half a brain's going to just scratch their head going "that was a dumb ad". lol

So if this is true, I'm all for it. It means Trump's wasting what little campaign funds he has.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

Not Politics.  But some good news. Hopefully this is the beginning of undoing the damage done by the Sackler Family.

https://www.npr.org/2024/09/18/nx-s1-5107417/overdose-fatal-fentanyl-death-opioid

NPR Exclusive: U.S. overdose deaths plummet, saving thousands of lives

National surveys compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention already show an unprecedented decline in drug deaths of roughly 10.6 percent.

"In the states that have the most rapid data collection systems, we’re seeing declines of twenty percent, thirty percent," said Dr. Nabarun Dasgupta, an expert on street drugs at the University of North Carolina.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, The Lock said:

The only people this is going to even remotely convince are the people already voting for Trump.

Anyone else with half a brain's going to just scratch their head going "that was a dumb ad". lol

So if this is true, I'm all for it. It means Trump's wasting what little campaign funds he has.

Lefties need a sense of humor lol. So sensitive to anything slightly negative about Kamala even if it's just a joke 🤦🤣

Just now, King Heffy said:

Which side's candidate wanted to sue SNL again?

To be fair, that show is overrated lol.. Some of it is really funny but the majority of the time it feels like I'm watching Jim Carey trying too hard to be funny 😅

3 minutes ago, Gator said:

To be fair, that show is overrated lol.. Some of it is really funny but the majority of the time it feels like I'm watching Jim Carey trying too hard to be funny 😅

The point remains, Trump is the only sitting POTUS to ever try to sue them because he couldn't take a joke.  I'm not surprised he wasn't man enough to handle it, but it's still cowardice at a historical level.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The point remains, Trump is the only sitting POTUS to ever try to sue them because he couldn't take a joke.  I'm not surprised he wasn't man enough to handle it, but it's still cowardice at a historical level.

Still the best choice for the white house 🍻

What the ........?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/hide-your-head-in-a-bag-republican-draws-gasps-over-racist-attack-on-arab-american/ar-AA1qNZjc?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=8eaf532b4eb44f7497e208432cfdf743&ei=12

"

ARepublican state lawmaker in Louisiana drew audible gasps as he made racially charged remarks against the head of the Arab-American Institute during a hearing aimed at discussing the prevalence of hate crimes, The Washington Post reported.

As Maya Berry tried to explain that hate crimes against Arabs and Jews in the U.S. were up a respective 73 percent and 58 percent, over a period when hate crimes as a whole rose only 7 percent, Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) — who has been criticized previously for his comments on racially charged issues, repeatedly demanded that Berry disavow any allegiance to various Islamist terror organizations.

By focusing on hate crime statistics, the federal government’s role in hate crime enforcement, and recommendations for policy remedies, I hope my testimony can help inform our collective response to combat all forms of hate,” said Berry. Shortly after that, Kennedy asked her, "You support Hamas, don't you?"

“Senator, oddly enough, I’m going to say thank you for that question, because it demonstrates the purpose of our hearing today in a very effective way,” Berry said. “Hamas is a foreign terrorist organization that I do not support, but you asking the executive director of the Arab American Institute that question very much puts the focus on the issue of hate in our country.”

Kennedy, undeterred by this point or by her clear statement she did not support Hamas, continued to repeatedly ask if she supported Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, or their "hatred of Jews" — and particularly took issue with her criticism of the U.S. decision to cut off aid to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, which aids Palestinian refugees but has been accused by Israel of employing a handful of people who participated in the Oct. 7 attacks.

“I think it’s exceptionally disappointing that you’re looking at an Arab American witness before you and saying you support Hamas. I do not support Hamas,” said Berry.

Kennedy replied, “You know what’s disappointing to me? You can’t bring yourself to say don’t support UNRWA, you don’t support Hamas, you don’t support Hezbollah and you don’t support Iran. You should hide your head in a bag.”

The insult led audience members to object and gasp.

Asked for comment by The Post, Berry said, “I didn’t expect a direct racist attack.”

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Gurn said:

What the ........?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/hide-your-head-in-a-bag-republican-draws-gasps-over-racist-attack-on-arab-american/ar-AA1qNZjc?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=8eaf532b4eb44f7497e208432cfdf743&ei=12

"

ARepublican state lawmaker in Louisiana drew audible gasps as he made racially charged remarks against the head of the Arab-American Institute during a hearing aimed at discussing the prevalence of hate crimes, The Washington Post reported.

As Maya Berry tried to explain that hate crimes against Arabs and Jews in the U.S. were up a respective 73 percent and 58 percent, over a period when hate crimes as a whole rose only 7 percent, Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) — who has been criticized previously for his comments on racially charged issues, repeatedly demanded that Berry disavow any allegiance to various Islamist terror organizations.

By focusing on hate crime statistics, the federal government’s role in hate crime enforcement, and recommendations for policy remedies, I hope my testimony can help inform our collective response to combat all forms of hate,” said Berry. Shortly after that, Kennedy asked her, "You support Hamas, don't you?"

“Senator, oddly enough, I’m going to say thank you for that question, because it demonstrates the purpose of our hearing today in a very effective way,” Berry said. “Hamas is a foreign terrorist organization that I do not support, but you asking the executive director of the Arab American Institute that question very much puts the focus on the issue of hate in our country.”

Kennedy, undeterred by this point or by her clear statement she did not support Hamas, continued to repeatedly ask if she supported Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, or their "hatred of Jews" — and particularly took issue with her criticism of the U.S. decision to cut off aid to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, which aids Palestinian refugees but has been accused by Israel of employing a handful of people who participated in the Oct. 7 attacks.

“I think it’s exceptionally disappointing that you’re looking at an Arab American witness before you and saying you support Hamas. I do not support Hamas,” said Berry.

Kennedy replied, “You know what’s disappointing to me? You can’t bring yourself to say don’t support UNRWA, you don’t support Hamas, you don’t support Hezbollah and you don’t support Iran. You should hide your head in a bag.”

The insult led audience members to object and gasp.

Asked for comment by The Post, Berry said, “I didn’t expect a direct racist attack.”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Republican Strategist Calls Trump 2024 ‘The Most Vicious, Despicable, Lie-Filled Campaign I’ve Ever Seen’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/republican-strategist-calls-trump-2024-the-most-vicious-despicable-lie-filled-campaign-ive-ever-seen/

well of course, he is standing in teh splash zone, he can feel the precipitation on his legs and face. 

1 hour ago, Gator said:

Still the best choice for the white house 🍻

Not even remotely close to the best choice for anything but stiffing contractors, tax fraud and daughter coveting. I am no Kamala fan...been vocal about in this very thread several times but Trump is a demented old fuck who has lost the plot. Both him and Joe should have been out of the running to begin with. Then there is the situation of if, and I'd give it 50/50 chance, that he dies in office. President Vance? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

Very interesting.... Can't wait for someone on the left to defend this one 😅

Well I could.  The last time we did this was such a long and boring drain though I will do so only if provoked.  If you decide to proceed please:

- look up the meaning of the term 'carrying a pregnancy to term'.

- tell me who the mystery women in the second clip was.

- tell me what bill was being discussed and if it passed. 

let me know...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Gnarcore said:

and I'd give it 50/50 chance

That's a sad truth with all the false dictator rhetoric being spun on him. Hell he might get JFK'd before the election comes up with the way things are going. Don't want Vance in, stop pushing false narratives. If Trump wins it's because you guys tried way too hard to push false narratives and people seen past the BS.. If you guys spent more time telling people why you should vote Kamala, and not waste all your energy spreading false information about Trump I think you'd already have the election in the bag

Can't defend Trump the person at all, but "imho" you guys are buying way too much into that left wing BS

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Well I could.  The last time we did this was such a long and boring drain though I will do so only if provoked.  If you decide to proceed please:

- look up the meaning of the term 'carrying a pregnancy to term'.

- tell me who the mystery women in the second clip was.

- tell me what bill was being discussed and if it passed. 

let me know...

Dude you and Heffy are the last 2 people I'm going to waste time digging up research for lol. I know she has something to do with Virginia. 

You only accept left wing bias as a "reliable" source though so I'm sure you'll come up empty handed if you went looking down your rabbit hole

• Haha 1