US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, The Arrogant Worms said:

Considering the last two were in the past supporters of Republicans I expect it would be some right wing nutso as the betting favorite. But if migrants killed him and ate him I wouldn't be upset 😄

• Haha 2

Just now, Gator said:

Dude you and Heffy are the last 2 people I'm going to waste time digging up research for lol. I know she has something to do with Virginia. 

You only accept left wing bias as a "reliable" source though so I'm sure you'll come up empty handed if you went looking down your rabbit hole

I notice you are refusing to defend the little attack ad that you dared us to defend.

I think what I do is read things and listen to things and then decide what I think about them.  

2 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

You guys really need to stop playing chess with the pigeon. 

I think this is the first times I've responded to him. I am bored and honestly just ignore him like I ignore Heffy and his 'Nazi this; Nazi that' hyperbole. 😄 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I notice you are refusing to defend the little attack ad that you dared us to defend.

I think what I do is read things and listen to things and then decide what I think about them.  

Personally I go steal a neighborhood dog, bbq it and serve it with fava beans and a nice chianti. Just like the late great Hannibal Lecter does but with human liver.... 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Well I could.  The last time we did this was such a long and boring drain though I will do so only if provoked.  If you decide to proceed please:

- look up the meaning of the term 'carrying a pregnancy to term'.

- tell me who the mystery women in the second clip was.

- tell me what bill was being discussed and if it passed. 

let me know...

The year is 2019 and she is Virginia House delegate Kathy Tran discussing her proposed bill to loosen restrictions on third trimester abortions. She later told reporters that she misspoke when answering the question as infanticide is clearly illegal. No the bill did not pass. 

You didn’t ask but also Governor Northam did not support “post-delivery abortion” either as has been claimed in this thread.

CLAIM: A video shows Virginia Governor Ralph Northam during a 2019 radio interview speaking in support of infanticide, or “after-birth abortions.”

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Northam was giving a hypothetical example of what could happen if a mother whose fetus had severe deformities, or wasn’t otherwise viable, requested an abortion while in labor. His comments came in response to a question about whether he supported state legislation that would have loosened restrictions on abortions later in pregnancy. Experts told The Associated Press that abortions in the third trimester are extremely rare.

THE FACTS: Social media users are misrepresenting years old comments Northam made about abortion in Virginia on WTOP, a news radio station serving the Washington Metropolitan area.

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen,” Northam says in a video from the 2019 interview being shared online. “The infant would be delivered, the infant would be kept comfortable, the infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired. And then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”

Parents whose babies are born with a low probability of survival then make decisions about whether to provide palliative care or to take extraordinary measures to save them.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Personally I go steal a neighborhood dog, bbq it and serve it with fava beans and a nice chianti. Just like the late great Hannibal Lecter does but with human liver.... 

I detest people that go to a foreign country to kill and eat their pets.

IMG_1793.jpeg

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

The year is 2019 and she is Virginia House delegate Kathy Tran discussing her proposed bill to loosen restrictions on third trimester abortions. She later told reporters that she misspoke when answering the question as infanticide is clearly illegal. No the bill did not pass. 

You didn’t ask but also Governor Northam did not support “post-delivery abortion” either as has been claimed in this thread.

Parents whose babies are born with a low probability of survival then make decisions about whether to provide palliative care or to take extraordinary measures to save them.

Thanks.  So it's the same bill @Gatorand I discussed previously.  The bill did not pass and no change was made to Virginia law in regard to when in a pregnancy abortions may occur. 

We've already determined “post-delivery abortion” is an urban myth.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

That's the thing though. You can't beat the pigeon. Not on its terms. 

Its not about beating anyone. Everyone on the forum has their own views and no ones mind os being changed. it's just not letting the disinformation get a free pass.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Thanks.  So it's the same bill @Gatorand I discussed previously.  The bill did not pass and no change was made to Virginia law in regard to when in a pregnancy abortions may occur. 

All Trump said was it was being discussed, which as proven it was.. So yes, he was wrongfully fact checked

And post delivery abortion was also discussed by that dude in the earlier video. "We would keep the fetus comfortable and have a conversation with the mother about what to do".. Not exact quote, but pretty damn close.. Whether it passed or not is completely redundant to the point being made.. But again, that's what you do. Avoid the point

1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

That's the thing though. You can't beat the pigeon. Not on its terms. 

Yeah, but you don't want some teenager logging in and reading this drivel without also seeing it being challenged.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gator said:

Lefties need a sense of humor lol. So sensitive to anything slightly negative about Kamala even if it's just a joke 🤦🤣

Lol my god man.

Apparently stating an opinion you don't like is now "lefties have no sense of humour."

Edited by The Lock

Just now, Gator said:

All Trump said was it was being discussed, which as proven it was.. So yes, he was wrongfully fact checked

And post delivery abortion was also discussed by that dude in the earlier video. "We would keep the fetus comfortable and have a conversation with the mother about what to do".. Not exact quote, but pretty damn close.. Whether it passed or not is completely redundant to the point being made.. But again, that's what you do. Avoid the point

At least you've changed it from illegally fact checked to 'wrongfully'. Very itty bitty Baby steps.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DSVII said:

Its not about beating anyone. Everyone on the forum has their own views and no ones mind os being changed. it's just not letting the disinformation get a free pass.

Man I wish you guys really thought that way for both sides 🤣🤣

But it's not disinformation. It literally proves it was in fact being discussed as evident in videos, so Trump was 1000% correct to bring it up, and they were 1000% wrong to fact check him and make him out to be a liar.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Gator said:

Re-cue the video and identify the un-named man who spoke the words 'They are executing babies'.

Just now, DSVII said:

At least you've changed it from illegally fact checked to 'wrongfully'. Very itty bitty Baby steps.

I never once said "illegally fact checked"

(atleast I dint believe I did. Maybe you can prove me wrong? lol)

I did however say in was borderline criminal.

18 minutes ago, Gator said:

Oh that's why Kamala has to fear for her life.. Trump has his MAGA cult so scared of her they're trying to kill her

Gotcha... 🤦

Great take... you really make some great leaps of 'logic'. 

I mean all his 'we don't get elected we won't be a country' any more bullshit. 

14 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Lol my god man.

Apparently stating an opinion you don't like is now "lefties have no sense of humour."

When you're right of Reagan, Cheney and Thatcher. Everyone is a lefty I suppose 

Edited by DSVII
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

When you're right of Reagan and Thatcher. Everyone is a lefty I suppose 

He/she must be lonely being so isolated from the mainstream.

Edited by The Lock

13 minutes ago, The Lock said:

He/she must be lonely being so isolated from the mainstream.

15 minutes ago, DSVII said:

When you're right of Reagan, Cheney and Thatcher. Everyone is a lefty I suppose 

Probably more concerned than lonely. Likely feels like the Jewish people did in late 1930s Germany. If you don't accept the mainstream, you will be outcast.

And you are all Diversity, Inclusion, Equality.

Look in the fucking mirror people.

• chaos 1

9 minutes ago, EastCoastExpress said:

Probably more concerned than lonely. Likely feels like the Jewish people did in late 1930s Germany. If you don't accept the mainstream, you will be outcast.

And you are all Diversity, Inclusion, Equality.

Look in the fucking mirror people.

So Jewish people in 1930's Germany were outcasts because they didn't accept the mainstream?