US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

Rachel Maddow has been exposing many of these Nazi's in the past few days, among them, Henry Ford. He was a full on antiSemite. She spoke of a reporter who interviewed Hitler prior to him taking the reigns in Germany. On the wall behind his desk, was a framed picture of Henry Ford, who Hitler admired immensely. Rachel went on to say just how much he despised the Jews in America. Is there any wonder why America is deep rooted in the KKK, and other groups of racists. Another reason why I'll now never buy a Ford vehicle of any kind.

I think it's pretty well known that Henry Ford was a virulent anti Semite. So was Charles Lindbergh for that matter.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

Rachel Maddow has been exposing many of these Nazi's in the past few days, among them, Henry Ford. He was a full on antiSemite. She spoke of a reporter who interviewed Hitler prior to him taking the reigns in Germany. On the wall behind his desk, was a framed picture of Henry Ford, who Hitler admired immensely. Rachel went on to say just how much he despised the Jews in America. Is there any wonder why America is deep rooted in the KKK, and other groups of racists. Another reason why I'll now never buy a Ford vehicle of any kind.

http://www.charleslindbergh.com/ny/105.asp

Charles Lindbergh got educated.

• Cheers 1

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Is Destroying Donald Trump’s Election Chances, Poll Says

Third-party candidate Robert F. Kennedy is on track to push President Joe Biden to an easy victory over Donald Trump in a potential 2024 showdown, according to a new poll.

Since Kennedy announced he was leaving the Democratic race to run as an independent earlier this month, the debate has swirled over whom he would hurt more, the four-times-indicted ex-president or the incumbent.

But an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist National Poll released Tuesday offered an early prediction: Biden would beat Trump by 7 percentage points when Kennedy is factored in.

If the election were held today, Biden would snag 44% of the vote to Trump’s 37%, followed by Kennedy’s 16% with 3% undecided, according to the survey.

Kennedy, whose anti-vaccine views appeal to some conservatives, is simply siphoning off more votes from Trump than Biden.

With the political scion on the ballot, Biden loses 5 percentage points among Democrats while Trump loses 10 points among Republicans, according to the poll.

Kennedy, who’s gotten significant air time on Fox News and other conservative outlets, has been denounced by his own family, but come November 2024, he might just end up a darling for Democrats anyway.

“Although it’s always tricky to assess the impact of a third-party candidate, right now Kennedy alters the equation in Biden’s favor,” Lee M. Miringoff, director of the Marist College Institute for Public Opinion, said. “What this does speak to, however, is that about one in six voters are looking for another option, especially independents.”

The poll, conducted Oct. 11 among 1,313 American adults, shows Biden leading Trump by 3 percentage points in a head-to-head contest.

image.png.834486a447b24fada156e297a6b545fd.png

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Well, I drive a Rav4.....but I'm totally over Pearl Harbor....:classic_cool:

Pearl Harbour is one thing, but those Japanese folk actually took shots at Canada, as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estevan_Point_lighthouse

"During World War II, in 1942, the Estevan Point lighthouse was fired upon by the Japanese submarine I-26, marking the first enemy attack on Canadian soil since the Fenian Raids of 1866 and 1871.[2]"

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Gas. We're kind of kicking ourselves for not going Hybrid.....

my last one was on the fence, the long math i did lost out fractionally to the costs of upgrading hydro and installing the fast charger.

This next time though, we bit the bullet and paid 16k to upgrade to 200 amp service already, buried cable from teh property line and streamlined our hotwater tank to hotwater on demand and our oil furnace to a heat pump.(all together cost us 53k) NOW it is much easier in maybe 2 or 3 years to go EV all the way. I wanted a cyber truck until i realized that I could never park it anywhere near people. Musk's stunt about the windows being smashproof will have every moron in my town throwing bricks at my truck if i buy a CyberTruck. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Pearl Harbour is one thing, but those Japanese folk actually took shots at Canada, as well.

"During World War II, in 1942, the Estevan Point lighthouse was fired upon by the Japanese submarine I-26, marking the first enemy attack on Canadian soil since the Fenian Raids of 1866 and 1871.[2]"

https://www.amazon.ca/Exxoneration-Richard-H-Rohmer/dp/0771077025

(written by Major General Rohmer)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gurn said:

There was also this too:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/japanese-balloon-bombs-in-saskatchewan-1.3444445

https://www.comoxvalleyrecord.com/news/restored-japanese-balloon-bomb-on-display-at-comox-air-force-museum-1594909

https://globalnews.ca/news/1609216/wwii-era-balloon-bomb-in-b-c-blown-to-smithereens/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu-Go_balloon_bomb

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

The main reason Hitler admired Ford was because of Henrys idea, building a car for every man, the Model T.

The Volkswagen, which literally translates to the peoples car was the brainchild of Ferdinand Porsche and Hitler. 

Ford did later renounce his anti semitic writings.

This is not a defence of Ford or Hitler for the anti- semitism, just a statement of fact.

Ford was a recipient of the grand cross of the German Eagle, one of the highest awards that a non German could receive. 

And so was a senior executive of GM, James Mooney.

If you are not going to buy a Ford because of his connection to Germany then you better add GM as well.

Both of those companies profited from Germany in WW2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/nov98/nazicars30.htm

" The Nazis could have invaded Poland without Switzerland, they could not have done so without GM "

11 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

The main reason Hitler admired Ford was because of Henrys idea, building a car for every man, the Model T.

Maybe, but I'm positive I've read or watched how Hitler was well aware and receptive to Ford's many anti-Semitic writings.

• Vintage 1

I'm starting to get a little concerned about how easy it is for medium sized groups of people to storm the heart of my government, the US Capitol Building...  (Like @the destroyer of worldspointed out; the offices aren't technically part of the Capitol building/complex) (I'm still concerned though regardless because they're also supposed to be protected).

Edited by Sabrefan1

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Is Destroying Donald Trump’s Election Chances, Poll Says

Third-party candidate Robert F. Kennedy is on track to push President Joe Biden to an easy victory over Donald Trump in a potential 2024 showdown, according to a new poll.

Since Kennedy announced he was leaving the Democratic race to run as an independent earlier this month, the debate has swirled over whom he would hurt more, the four-times-indicted ex-president or the incumbent.

But an NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist National Poll released Tuesday offered an early prediction: Biden would beat Trump by 7 percentage points when Kennedy is factored in.

If the election were held today, Biden would snag 44% of the vote to Trump’s 37%, followed by Kennedy’s 16% with 3% undecided, according to the survey.

Kennedy, whose anti-vaccine views appeal to some conservatives, is simply siphoning off more votes from Trump than Biden.

With the political scion on the ballot, Biden loses 5 percentage points among Democrats while Trump loses 10 points among Republicans, according to the poll.

Kennedy, who’s gotten significant air time on Fox News and other conservative outlets, has been denounced by his own family, but come November 2024, he might just end up a darling for Democrats anyway.

“Although it’s always tricky to assess the impact of a third-party candidate, right now Kennedy alters the equation in Biden’s favor,” Lee M. Miringoff, director of the Marist College Institute for Public Opinion, said. “What this does speak to, however, is that about one in six voters are looking for another option, especially independents.”

The poll, conducted Oct. 11 among 1,313 American adults, shows Biden leading Trump by 3 percentage points in a head-to-head contest.

image.png.834486a447b24fada156e297a6b545fd.png

That's how Bill Clinton became president when he ran against both George H.W. Bush ('92) and Bob Dole ('96).  Ross Perot siphoned millions of votes, mostly from Bush. 

Also, to be fair, Bush's thousand points of light speech stung him especially after he raised tax rates after saying he wouldn't.

• ThereItIs 1

44 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Yeah, I would have had to use google too. I figured since the poster wanted to use the term Putins puppet he might have some knowledge about it, but probably not. I read the first article and predictably there was nothing there. He didn't yell enough at Putin for taking advantage of Obama's Crimea incompetence. Oooooo what a puppet. 

43 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Fixed that for ya champ

Are you googling articles too?

Edited by Calamity K
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm starting to get a little concerned about how easy it is for medium sized groups of people to storm the heart of my government, the US Capitol Building...

Well there are possible answers the question in the first tweet.  The Cannon Office Building is not the US Capital Building.  These protestors were not obstructing the official business of the US House and Senate.  It appears like they didn't assault law enforcement.  It appears that they didn't vandalize and steal stuff.

If the building was closed to the public, then trespassing is about all these protestors did.

Unlike the Jan. 6th morons, who interfered with official proceedings of the US House and Senate.  The Capital building was closed to the public on Jan 6th.  They assaulted law enforcement.  They vandalized.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Well there are possible answers the question in the first tweet.  The Cannon Office Building is not the US Capital Building.  These protestors were not obstructing the official business of the US House and Senate.  It appears like they didn't assault law enforcement.  It appears that they didn't vandalize and steal stuff.

I don't give a rat's heiney about the tweet itself or what it says.  I just wanted the video of it and it's a pain in the butt just to isolate the video.  I want to be careful about how much storage space I'm using on this server since I'm not the one footing the bill.  So I just prefer to put links up instead of uploading videos themselves.

You're correct about the office building though.  I always thought it was technically part of the Capitol building, but it isn't.

If the building was closed to the public, then trespassing is about all these protestors did.

I know.  It doesn't make me feel better about it though.  Even those offices are supposed to be protected. 

I'm just thankful that they didn't decide to also smear feces on the walls like whichever animal did before in the same room that past great people have sat and legislated in.  There are desks in there that were brought in from old Philadelphia that the forefathers sat at.  I believe some even carved their names on them as well.

Unlike the Jan. 6th morons, who interfered with official proceedings of the US House and Senate.  The Capital building was closed to the public on Jan 6th.  They assaulted law enforcement.  They vandalized.

Tell that to whoever made that tweet.  I don't argue about that day because it was so effed up in so many ways and there is still too much being covered up about it.  It's going to be some time until the full truth of that day comes out.

Edited by Sabrefan1

14 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

No ty, I'm good. 🙄

image.jpeg

It's pretty funny, but I was wondering how a guy could be clueless enough to wear something like that.....then I took a closer look and realized the word "eat" is obviously photoshopped.

My guess is that it originally said "stomp".

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It's pretty funny, but I was wondering how a guy could be clueless enough to wear something like that.....then I took a closer look and realized the word "eat" is obviously photoshopped.

My guess is that it originally said "stomp".

His skirt is pretty cool though.

Has a Pepsi holder built in.

• Haha 3