US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Trump wants a national abortion ban. Trump supports project 2025. Trump called racists fine people. 

I dont agree with him on these points. 

Did she mention these things on 60mins? I didnt see the interview. 

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont agree with him on these points. 

Did she mention these things on 60mins? I didnt see the interview. 

Me neither. I was thinking she said these in the debate.

He doesn't agree with these points either, they are lies.

Edited by Cranston

12 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Trump wants a national abortion ban. Trump supports project 2025. Trump called racists fine people. 

Trump did play a big role in changing women's rights. He does support project 2025, it's all written by his peeps based on things Trump has openly supported at different times, and he has supported racists. Not sure why you'd try to argue otherwise when this is all public record and/or in his own words. 

But all this aside, it's really Trump being managed by Putin that should bother people.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Cranston said:

So, I was just pointing out to that other poster ...60mins f'ing around with their edits doesn't equate that Harris lies like Trump.

That poster seemed to imply that the criticism isn't fair. It is.Trumps level of 'lying' is incredibly worse than Harris or most other politicians. Everyone knows this, even his most hardcore supporters. 

IMO, on your pretty good points...

- Trump has waffled on his abortion stance, he is proud of doing away with RvW. Kamala saying she 'believes' he would do a national ban, isn't a lie, it's what she believes he will do. Just cause he said he wont...well, again, he lies more than he changes his drawers.

- I think he does support project 2025, too close to too many people involved

- Well, he's racist. He is. So, I dont know if he called them 'fine' people but... wasn't there that time he mentioned something like 'good people on both sides' when referrring to the 'jews will not replace us' tiki-torch kids?

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

His debates in 2016, both Republician primary & against Clinton won him the election. Is TDS this strong?

I'm surprised that your stunned by that. How do you think he won then? A fringe minority voted for him? Russia hacked the election? 

Im not debating his compulsive lying, but in 2016 he was like a comedian running circles around the tired old politicians.

I'm surprised this is even controversial. So again then how did he win? A minority vote in a democracy doesn't exist (or does it)

Nah, Killery doing classic Vigneault strategy of 'sitting on the lead' caused Dotard to win.  She took it for granted certain Blue battleground grounds states would go for her & she neglected to campaign much there.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

So, I was just pointing out to that other poster ...60mins f'ing around with their edits doesn't equate that Harris lies like Trump.

That poster seemed to imply that the criticism isn't fair. It is.Trumps level of 'lying' is incredibly worse than Harris or most other politicians. Everyone knows this, even his most hardcore supporters. 

IMO, on your pretty good points...

- Trump has waffled on his abortion stance, he is proud of doing away with RvW. Kamala saying she 'believes' he would do a national ban, isn't a lie, it's what she believes he will do. Just cause he said he wont...well, again, he lies more than he changes his drawers.

- I think he does support project 2025, too close to too many people involved

- Well, he's racist. He is. So, I dont know if he called them 'fine' people but... wasn't there that time he mentioned something like 'good people on both sides' when referrring to the 'jews will not replace us' tiki-torch kids?

Classic "both sides" argument.

It's like comparing a turd like Sean Avery who to my knowledge never hurt anyone on the ice (except via insults & little slashes here & there) vs a guy like Brad Marchand to physically tried to hurt you on the ice.  Both turds but one on another whole level (made worse in that other player didn't need to play that way to be a star player - eg., look at the rat today).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Was the last time Dan Rather or last month, or last year? Maybe as the wind blows? End justifies the means. Fair enough to criticize Trumps lies but not so on the other side? 

No lies Bouds.   Just a tv show doing what a tv show does and then being chastised for doing so.

30 minutes ago, Cranston said:

He doesn't agree with these points either, they are lies.

Candidates say a lot of things at election time.  Sometimes you have to look at the people in close proximity to the candidate and listen to what they are saying or have said.

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Well said, It's sad 'imo' that Kass had to pull out the old TDS dig.

Literally calling people deranged for their opinions is an easy way to put one's head in the sand and dismiss pretty sound opinions.  

MSM causes TDS which leads to PTSD over the CIA. Thats what I'm learning. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No lies Bouds.   Just a tv show doing what a tv show does and then being chastised for doing so.

No it is not just a TV show. It claims to be a trustworthy news outlet. I have always liked 60 Minutes but will I believe them as much next show? Are we descending into Gerry Springer? Yes, an exaggeration to make a point. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

MSM causes TDS which leads to PTSD over the CIA. Thats what I'm learning. 

Maybe SK is upset RFK was SOL and ended up being DOA? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Candidates say a lot of things at election time.  Sometimes you have to look at the people in close proximity to the candidate and listen to what they are saying or have said.

True. This is why Trump will lose. Trump has ran 3X now and people are turning their backs on him. Constant negativity and no serious plan. Harris who could generate no support when she campaigned againt Biden for the nomination in 2020 is a desperate hope for many. Her record is not reassuring but I wish her well. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

No it is not just a TV show. It claims to be a trustworthy news outlet. I have always liked 60 Minutes but will I believe them as much next show? Are we descending into Gerry Springer? Yes, an exaggeration to make a point. 

You seem to know about the editing.

Did they put in an earlier response to a different question?

Or did they pick a different response to the same question?

it's not uncommon for interviewers to allow people have a 'do over', re-do their answer, which would make this a bit of a 'nothing burg' but I dont think that is the case here, however can you confirm?

Just now, Boudrias said:

They are doing what they have done for what? 50 years?  But now that Harris is involved the virtuous outrage has risen.  Where has it been all this time?  Seems a bit selective to me.

It calls itself newsmagazine btw.   Magazines are traditionally glossy.

Still relevant,  but as the news changes from week to week ,  we tend to forget issues yet to be investigated by the DOJ.

not like Trump has a short list of accusations against him ..   no one can compare to his list.

• Like 1

Jim Cornette:  "I wouldn't trust a word coming out of his mouth even if he had his tongue notarized"

Now Jim was talking about somebody else but it's a statement equally attributable to Herr Vonn Sh*tsGisPants (Jim has no love for the MAGA 🤣).

Filtered/edited/whatever.  Dotard is a 100% grifter.  That is plainly obvious.  Doesn't mean Harris can sit in the "Seige Perilous" seat but only one person could.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cranston said:

Trump says what master tells him to say. Including the three things you mentioned here. 

IMG_2446.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

True. This is why Trump will lose. Trump has ran 3X now and people are turning their backs on him. Constant negativity and no serious plan. Harris who could generate no support when she campaigned againt Biden for the nomination in 2020 is a desperate hope for many. Her record is not reassuring but I wish her well. 

I hope you are correct, but the polling is still way too close for comfort. I still think he has a chance to win.