US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

10 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

???

Not sure what’s hard to understand about a rebuttal with quotes from 2016  to your statement that “For all his flaws in 2016 at age 70 Trump was far better at this (public speaking/interviews/exc) than she is now.” 

• Cheers 1

I think I'm more worried about December and January than I am about November.

Republican vice-presidential candidate JD Vance refused five times to say if he believes former President Donald Trump lost the 2020 election during part of an hour-long interview with The New York Times.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/11/politics/jd-vance-trump-2020-election/index.html

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

So, I was just pointing out to that other poster ...60mins f'ing around with their edits doesn't equate that Harris lies like Trump.

That poster seemed to imply that the criticism isn't fair. It is.Trumps level of 'lying' is incredibly worse than Harris or most other politicians. Everyone knows this, even his most hardcore supporters. 

Trump supporters don't think he is a worse liar than Kamala, Joe or any Democrat politician you can name. They think Trump is nuts, but is by far the best choice for what's left of the fabric of the country.

IMO, on your pretty good points...

- Trump has waffled on his abortion stance, he is proud of doing away with RvW. Kamala saying she 'believes' he would do a national ban, isn't a lie, it's what she believes he will do. Just cause he said he wont...well, again, he lies more than he changes his drawers.

I'm not aware of him ever calling for a national ban. Everyone waffles on abortion, even Dems can't agree on the late term. Leave it to the states is the clear platform and that is what should be critiqued. 

- I think he does support project 2025, too close to too many people involved

She should express it that way as well.

- Well, he's racist. He is.

Ok. Everyone is a racist then. Show me a time he ever disparaged a minority group. The only time it happened was his alleged  joke 40 years ago about wanting a jewish accountant instead of a black one. Nee

So, I dont know if he called them 'fine' people but... wasn't there that time he mentioned something like 'good people on both sides' when referrring to the 'jews will not replace us' tiki-torch kids?

He was absolutely clear that he was not referring to the tiki-torch carriers, in real time.

Edited by Cranston

6 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Trump supporters don't think he is a worse liar than Kamala, Joe or any Democrat politician you can name. They think Trump is nuts, but is by far the best choice for what's left of the fabric of the country.

I'm not aware of him ever calling for a national ban. Everyone waffles on abortion, even Dems can't agree on the late term. Leave it to the states is the clear platform and that is what should be critiqued. 

She should express it that way as well.

Ok. Everyone is a racist then. Show me a time he ever disparaged a minority. The only time it happened was his alleged  joke 40 years ago about wanting a jewish accountant instead of a black one.

He was absolutely clear that he was not referring to the tiki-torch carriers, in real time.

We all have our opinions.  Funny how you never mention your opinion on this:

Treasury Employee Investigated for Jan ...

@Cranston

Regarding  Project 2025

Project 2025 was authored by numerous people connected to TRUMP and the QOP.  It was also organized and funded by The Heritage Foundation.  The Heritage Foundation.  Heard of it.  It is an integral part of the conservative movement in the USA.  They provide lists (along with the Federalist Society) for judicial nominations for QOP presidents and will again if TRUMP gets elected POTUS.  They also provide draft legislation to House and Senate members.  Sometimes that legislation gets introduced with few changes.  Legislation that if passed, would likely get a TRUMP signature.  There are plenty of legislative ideas in Project 2025 that are absolutely terrible.  

It's the judicial line where TRUMP will have the most power, and Project 2025 will provide a blueprint on the types of judicial decisions that will go their way.  Just look at the crap that was released when Roe went down.  Plus, Alito and Thomas can retire knowing TRUMP will just put a younger, more conservative version of them on the bench giving a solid conservative majority for decades to come.  The Heritage Foundation (along with the Federalist Society) will provide the judicial lists.  That won't be good for the average person or the planet.  

• Vintage 3
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

@Cranston

Regarding  Project 2025

Project 2025 was authored by numerous people connected to TRUMP and the QOP.  It was also organized and funded by The Heritage Foundation.  The Heritage Foundation.  Heard of it.  It is an integral part of the conservative movement in the USA.  They provide lists (along with the Federalist Society) for judicial nominations for QOP presidents and will again if TRUMP gets elected POTUS.  They also provide draft legislation to House and Senate members.  Sometimes that legislation gets introduced with few changes.  Legislation that if passed, would likely get a TRUMP signature.  There are plenty of legislative ideas in Project 2025 that are absolutely terrible.  

It's the judicial line where TRUMP will have the most power, and Project 2025 will provide a blueprint on the types of judicial decisions that will go their way.  Just look at the crap that was released when Roe went down.  Plus, Alito and Thomas can retire knowing TRUMP will just put a younger, more conservative version of them on the bench giving a solid conservative majority for decades to come.  The Heritage Foundation (along with the Federalist Society) will provide the judicial lists.  That won't be good for the average person or the planet.  

Thomas isn't Conservative but just a bought judge.  

7 minutes ago, bolt said:

Trump is done with this magnificent ad.

Thanks Bolt.  I hadn't seen that one before.  Pretty good ad to counter those who believe Jesse Watters' recent statements.

“It’s not the party of virtue, security — it’s not the party of strength — it’s definitely not the party of family. And to be a man and then vote for a woman just because she’s a woman is either childish — that person has mommy issues — or they are just trying to be accepted by other women,” Watters said. “I heard the scientists say the other day that when a man votes for a woman, he actually transitions into a woman.”

What about voting for the person you think will do the best job?  That seems to be what the guys in the ad are saying in an attempt to counter all the man shaming being done by alpha male magas.

13 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Thanks Bolt.  I hadn't seen that one before.  Pretty good ad to counter those who believe Jesse Watters' recent statements.

“It’s not the party of virtue, security — it’s not the party of strength — it’s definitely not the party of family. And to be a man and then vote for a woman just because she’s a woman is either childish — that person has mommy issues — or they are just trying to be accepted by other women,” Watters said. “I heard the scientists say the other day that when a man votes for a woman, he actually transitions into a woman.”

What about voting for the person you think will do the best job?  That seems to be what the guys in the ad are saying in an attempt to counter all the man shaming being done by alpha male magas.

If you are easily swayed to not vote for a woman you're a simp. Or one of those fish that live in a cup.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bob Long said:
38 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If you are easily swayed to not vote for a woman you're a simp. Or one of those fish that live in a cup.

Voting for someone a smart woman like Tulsi Gabbard vs a dumb woman like Kamala Harris are two different things.  That ad was horrifically bad.

Edited by bolt

5 minutes ago, bolt said:

Voting for someone a smart woman like Tulsi Gabbard vs a dumb woman like Kamala Harris are two different things.  That ad was horrifically bad.

Sure, dumb. Do you have anything close to her level of education?

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, bolt said:

The textbook definition of smart is not 'Bolt likes what they say', nor is the textbook definition of dumb 'Bolt doesn't like what they say'.

12 minutes ago, bolt said:

lol.  I can only imagine the rabbit hole a person has to have gone down to call someone with Harris' resume dumb, yet still support people like MTG, Melania, Loomer and think they're credible or intelligent

• Cheers 4

14 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yes I have. I literally said he's too old for this in the post you quoted.

Man, TDS has really destroyed any possibility of legitimate conversation in this thread. Trump killed a homerun election victory (post assassination attempt) by rambling. He can't control himself. He craves praise, he operates for himself & others praise. America doing well off is 2nd to people praising him. He's a narcissist through & through. Is that okay for you?

Now just like Trump, her brain doesn't function properly. And unlike Trump/Biden she doesn't have age to blame. She is awful. I'm not coming into this thread praising Trump, yet any criticism of Kamala is treated as if your a Trump supporter.

She's bad. I don't know what else to tell you. She's had so much runway to improve & she still can't formulate proper sentences off script.

She's either mentally lacking (like Trump) or a puppet that can't give answers off script because she stands for nothing, but you'd think if it was the latter she'd have been coached enough to give passable responses. So the logical conclusion is it's either the former or a combo of both. Ultimately she's just bad at this.

This race on both sides is worse than 2016 & 2020 imo

I just wanted to step in to this conversation because unlike a couple of other truly lost souls in here, you seem to be somewhat coherent and can actually step away from the cult for a minute and admit that Trump is a POS.

But that's not to say I also find your bent towards MAGA talking points somewhat disturbing. 

side note: I've always thought that Trump Derangement Syndrome was much better applied to Trump supporters.  You got to be absolutely deranged to think Trump is fit for office.

Its just silly to say things like Harris is mentally lacking.  Based on her impressive career accomplishments. I can't believe you actually believe that.

But, I for one, understand what you are getting at when you said in a previous post that:

"Trump is 78 she is 59. For all his flaws in 2016 at age 70 Trump was far better at this (public speaking/interviews/exc) than she is now. "

I agree.

If you judge a public speakers success at wooing an audience, keeping them entertained. Not afraid to go 'off the cuff' at times, and just be yourself, even if "yourself" is someone using incendiary lies to stir up the crowds. And so ingratiate themselves to the crowd that it becomes a love fest.

He was all those things at age 70.  Easy to compare the clips from back then to now. Now he's a babbling mess, but back then, he still knew how to market product, himself being the biggest one. It is his one great gift.

He was way way better than Hillary at public speaking. She was terrible at it. And so didn't even attempt it much in her campaign, while Bernie was packing stadiums.  I'm positive this disparity in speaking skills was a big factor in Hillarys loss.

Now I think that Harris is a big improvement on Clinton.  She can command a stage at times.  She also is way way better at calling out Trump for his POS behaviour than Clinton.  But that is to be expected as she is a former AG and prosecutor.

But I do find her speeches, interviews, and debates almost too much like a prosecutor talking to a jury.  Repeating the key points of the case over and over. 

I also think she, or probably more the DNC and campaign, have told her to stick to the script, and the key talking points. Repetition works.  Just ask Trump. No matter how boring its getting to the rest of us that have heard the same lines over and over. i don't think she's too dumb to come up with differently worded or more complex answers, its just that she is following the advice from others in her party on what works best in an election.  She, like Hillary is not a natural public speaker in large venues, she is used to confined court rooms.

That is a pet peeve of mine with her.  I wish she'd even just rearrange some of the wording in her scripts.  Make it at least sound more natural. But I do think she is one brave woman,.... brave human.  She is faking it till she makes it if she has to.  Whatever it takes to bleach out this shit stain on her country.

• Like 2