US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

From what I found there are charges of Covid misappropriation of funds on Walz's watch as governor. It won't help that is for sure.

Walz has a folksy deamenor which is reassuring. He has been re-elected 8X to various positions. I like how he presents but that doesn't necessarily mean much if he cannot control his purse strings. CNN is on the trail to flesh this story out. 

It is like Jimmy says look at the alternative in Trump. 

Bottom line is that I have ahigher comfort level with Harris/Walz. Foreign policy is my major concern, Ukraine/Israel. That said this race have a very weak group of Harris/Walz and Trump/Vance. No matter who wins half the country will be dissapointed. I do expect Harris/Walz to win. Perhaps the biggest outcome will be who grabs control of the GOP as Trump will finally fade into nothing. The GOP will have to move back to the center. 

I think Trump may yet pull off a win. People are fatigued in dealing with his crap, it's exhausting to even be a spectator from up here, I think too many people might be immune to it in the US. 

Add to that, the difficulty for a woman to actually get elected and my gut says buckle up for more Trump.

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think Trump may yet pull off a win. People are fatigued in dealing with his crap, it's exhausting to even be a spectator from up here, I think too many people might be immune to it in the US. 

Add to that, the difficulty for a woman to actually get elected and my gut says buckle up for more Trump.

Possible yes but I still have unfounded belief that more people are going to vote for Harris than those who say so out loud to their friends, family, and neighbours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cranston said:

Where does this "heard" thing come from? I never said that. The go to tactic of the left, sorry but it's true. 

Everyone knows what happens when words like "allows" and "discretionary" are used and lawyers get a hold of them but I will spell it out. Open borders. The bill is really quite laughable even without the crazy 5000 a day bs which on it's own would be full of holes. Of course the union reps endorse the bill because it increases membership to their welcome wagon activities. This bill was a pork bill through and through with the supposed 60 billion for Ukraine and 18 billion for Israel attached as a requirement on a 118 billion dollar bill. What a joke and and I'd say a bullet dodged but there's always another bullet coming.

I see Biden has started to curb the illegal inflow for free now with the election coming up, and Kamala is checking out walls all of a sudden omg.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/op-ed/philboas/2024/10/08/trump-biden-harris-border-apprehension-immigration/75568728007/

You uh....ever plan on addressing this mate?

13 hours ago, Warhippy said:

lmao ok gonna ask a SERIOUSLY hard question here for you.

When trump was in power ok.  When exactly was the border closed?  What caused said closure.  What were the average yearly numbers under trump while in office?  Finally, since the end of covid have the numbers been dropping or not?

Go on.  Give me dates and circumstances.  This should be amusing 

2 hours ago, Cranston said:

So you don't know if the border can reopen the next day? That's fine, neither do I but i can read the texts which have words like "discretionary" and I agree with the experts who say the bill will be ineffectual, not the ones who promote the bill. 

I said closed like when Trump was in office, that kind of closure was beginning to work. Here's the stats you wanted me to look up for you.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c0jp4xqx2z3o

Ahhh there we go.

So, you wanna tell me what the numbers were year by year under Trump?  How about WHAT happened when the border was actually closed?  What event was that?  How about what the cause of the massive influx post reopening was?  Or if the numbers have come down since their highs?

You wanna ddress these or you just wanna keep posting links and ignoring the cause the effect and the actual truth like your type always does

1 hour ago, bolt said:

The Democrats decision to erode democracy by not having a proper primary is coming back to haunt them.  Kamala and Walz are a terrible ticket; just wait until the allegations against Walz come out.  

LMAO I keep seeing you say this yet won't address how the republican primary was even more of a fucking joke.

Why?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/power/2023/10/16/republican-primary-larp/

https://www.vox.com/politics/2024/2/24/24080974/south-carolina-gop-primary-results-2024-trump-haley-trumpism

https://shepherdexpress.com/news/taking-liberties/the-fake-republican-primaries-were-over-before-they-began/

Edit*  Also, it's amusing as hell as to what you decide erodes democracy and what doesn't when you get asked about Trumps actions his CRIMINAL actions as stated by courts of law in the US.

Somehow the democratic primary is an erosion of democracy, but Jan 6th and the 2020 election lies are not in your world

Edited by Warhippy
  • ThereItIs 3

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Ahhh there we go.

So, you wanna tell me what the numbers were year by year under Trump?  How about WHAT happened when the border was actually closed?  What event was that?  How about what the cause of the massive influx post reopening was?  Or if the numbers have come down since their highs?

You wanna ddress these or you just wanna keep posting links and ignoring the cause the effect and the actual truth like your type always does

The Haitians ate them under my Presidency - Dotard.

3 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Did you notice that all the polls he posts, regardless of the thread, are all favorable to conservatives? 

Yes, but he REALLY cares about keeping things middle of the road which is why he said he is super invested in when I start posting things against Harris/Trudeau etc yet only posts the exact same stuff with the exact same slant because he is super middle of the road and has no bias

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yes, but he REALLY cares about keeping things middle of the road which is why he said he is super invested in when I start posting things against Harris/Trudeau etc yet only posts the exact same stuff with the exact same slant because he is super middle of the road and has no bias

It's easy to say "middle of the road" when you've got blinders on because you think you're splitting things down the middle when in fact your blinders have obscured the fact you're actually drifting off to the side.

But who am I to contest with "experts"?  

image.gif.95b3a4ff9bff2e359cdc404605850793.gif

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tried and found nothing. Why not post a link? 

Googled it. Apparently there are “allegations” that Walz had an inappropriate relationship with a minor on X.

The site also tried to but a virus on my phone for my trouble. So I’d recommend wearing a condom or get some vaccinations if you’re going to look into this garbage yourself. 

• Thanks 3
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Googled it. Apparently there are “allegations” that Walz had an inappropriate relationship with a minor on X.

The site also tried to but a virus on my phone for my trouble. So I’d recommend wearing a condom or get some vaccinations if you’re going to look into this garbage yourself. 

So Walz "allegedly had an inappropriate relationship witha  minor?

Is this bad now and a bombshell allegation that will cost them the election?

Just curious because I have about 73 links towards a certain orange individual in regards to minors and women in general and being inappropriate that I'd like to share with the class

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

There are some true stories of misappropriation of funds in Minnesota while Walz was governor.  He was not directly involved but people say 'He should have known!'.

The same people forget all the stuff that went on in Reagan's administration and how he was able to just say 'I didn't know'.

There is a lot to be said about taking the measure of the man. What they say they stand for but also what they actually did or did not do. At this point my take on Walz is positive. My take on Reagan was very positive. I think he was a good man and had American interests at heart. I think both of these man have/did. 

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So Walz "allegedly had an inappropriate relationship witha  minor?

Is this bad now and a bombshell allegation that will cost them the election?

Just curious because I have about 73 links towards a certain orange individual in regards to minors and women in general and being inappropriate that I'd like to share with the class

Not even allegations. Someone posted something on X. 

Coulda been Bolt himself for all we know 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ahhh.

So just a random twitter account with no credible facts or info but conforms to specific bias so must be true

Honestly I didn’t even get that far. Not going chase down some random bullshit that he couldn’t be bothered to post. 

3 hours ago, bolt said:

You can google allegations against walz to get your answer.  

Nope. Doesn't work that way here. You make an allegation, or imply an allegation, then it's up to you to do the work to provide evidence. You can't give other people your homework. It may have worked all seven years you spent in middle school, but not here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I posted an updated poll from NBC. It shows the race is tied. You do understand that Biden and even Hillary had big leads in the NBC polls in 2016 and 2020 right?  

@24K why don’t you explain to Hippy how Kamala needs to be at least 5 points ahead in order to win the electoral college?  

Edited by Elias Pettersson

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I posted an updated poll from NBC. It shows the race is tied. You do understand that Biden and even Hillary had big leads in the NBC polls in 2016 and 2020 right?  

@24K why don’t you explain to Hippy how Kamala needs to be at least 5 points ahead in order to win the electoral college?  

NBC poll only has 1000 respondents. That is laughable for a national poll where it typically hovers around 2800.

Not to mention sudden drop from Harris +5 to even make it suspect. 

I would not put a lot of stock on it.

But back to the point, Dem does traditionally need +5 in the national to win comfortably in the ec. Harris can still win with +2 but it is going to be tight. Also, demographic shift due to covid also kind of erased some ec advantage GOP had in that regard as many right leaning people moved from blue states to red states concentrating their votes in fewer red states like Florida and Ohio so Dem really do not need to be up 5% to win the ec anymore. But you would rather be up 5% if you were the dems. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Having lived in the US for multiple years I am well acquainted with all of this.

What I am interested in is how you always find the polls that only show your opinion whereas I always find polls that show the opposite.  But you've also made statements about the media yet are now using their polls to insinuate Harris being in more trouble than is factual. 

Just pointing that out