US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Cranston said:

An author's opinion. Noted.

Yes, I was looking for the purest factual info in answer to a posters request. I note author opinion in the text, but understand it will be full of half truth and omission.

I guess the real issue is how many migrants cross and are now resident in the US on the gov't tit between administrations. Surely it's a total Biden blowout.

This last part I already replied to.

A tweet that agrees with me lol?  The border patrol is endorsing Trump. It doesn't get any worse for your position than that. Internet phrases? What are you referring too?Anyway, maybe you wanted me to address the first part of your previous post so I brought it back up. 

My thought on concerns outlined in this vague concerns in this article are...Do your jobs and quit playing politics. I doubt this is anything but a bomb threat style hoax (from either side of the aisle) and aid workers should be willing to accept risk like this during disaster relief.

You think domestic terrorism is an acceptable risk during a disaster.  Wow.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Yes, I was looking for the purest factual info in answer to a posters request. I note author opinion in the text, but understand it will be full of half truth and omission.

I guess the real issue is how many migrants cross and are now resident in the US on the gov't tit between administrations. Surely it's a total Biden blowout.

A tweet that agrees with me lol?  The border patrol is endorsing Trump. It doesn't get any worse for your position than that. Internet phrases? What are you referring too?Anyway, maybe you wanted me to address the first part of your previous post so I brought it back up. 

My thought on concerns outlined in this vague concerns in this article are...Do your jobs and quit playing politics. I doubt this is anything but a bomb threat style hoax (from either side of the aisle) and aid workers should be willing to accept risk like this during disaster relief.

Not 15 hours before they endorsed him trump held a meeting with the border patrol council promising to increase pay and hire 10,000 new border agents after sinking the bi-partisan border bill which would have done essentially the same.

it's almost as if.  Maybe just maybe, this isn't actually adding up properly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-pitches-plan-hire-border-agents-opposing-bipartisan-bill-rcna175216

Former President Donald Trump said Sunday that if elected he would ask Congress to pass legislation boosting the number of border patrol agents — several months after he thwarted a bipartisan measure that included staffing increases.

The proposal would include the hiring of 10,000 new agents and a 10% raise for existing agents, as well as $10,000 for retention and signing bonuses, a Trump senior adviser said.

“I will be asking Congress immediately to approve a 10% raise,” Trump said at a campaign rally in Prescott Valley, Arizona. "We have a tremendous shortage because they haven’t been treated right."

U.S. Customs and Border Protection did not immediately respond to requests for comment Sunday.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Cranston said:

I get it now.  Democrats can do no good.  Republicans can do no wrong.  There is a pre-packaged response to any argument that says otherwise.

I'm going to just focus on these statements for now: My thought on concerns outlined in this vague concerns in this article are...Do your jobs and quit playing politics. I doubt this is anything but a bomb threat style hoax (from either side of the aisle) and aid workers should be willing to accept risk like this during disaster relief.

I'll ignore the first incomprehensible sentence. You are implying that either side could have done this.  Like in Springfield? Those bomb threats to the city hall and schools were just as likely from the left as the right?  Can you list the recent bomb threats that most likely came from the left? You are implying that it was the left played politics by voicing out and out lies concerning the work done by the White house and FEMA to come to people's aid?  And these new bomb threats are no biggie?  Just the cost of doing business? That the aid workers have not already willingly faced risk of personal harm as they worked to rescue people?  That the acceptable risks to hurricane relief should be flood waters, falling structures as they search for survivors, AND bomb threats?  

As I read and re-read that closing statement I am still left with the question: WTF are you talking about?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Trump Calls On Kamala Harris to ‘Pass a Test on Cognitive Stamina and Agility’ — Despite Not Releasing His Own Medical Records

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-calls-on-kamala-harris-to-pass-a-test-on-cognitive-stamina-and-agility-despite-not-releasing-his-own-medical-records/

So....

Fat

Orange

Dumpy

Lying

Waste

Tv

Camera

Like that?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

68 Percent of Economists Surveyed By Wall Street Journal Deem Trump Worse For Inflation Than Harris

https://www.mediaite.com/election-2024/nearly-7-out-of-10-economists-surveyed-by-wall-street-journal-deem-trump-worse-for-inflation-than-harris/

I question the credentials of the other 32. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Kamala Harris Rolls Out National Marijuana Legalization Plan, Pledging To Make It ‘The Law Of The Land’

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/kamala-harris-rolls-out-marijuana-legalization-plan-pledging-to-make-it-the-law-of-the-land/

This should help her get the jorb. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I get it now.  Democrats can do no good.  Republicans can do no wrong.  There is a pre-packaged response to any argument that says otherwise.

I'm going to just focus on these statements for now: My thought on concerns outlined in this vague concerns in this article are...Do your jobs and quit playing politics. I doubt this is anything but a bomb threat style hoax (from either side of the aisle) and aid workers should be willing to accept risk like this during disaster relief.

I'll ignore the first incomprehensible sentence. You are implying that either side could have done this.  Like in Springfield? Those bomb threats to the city hall and schools were just as likely from the left as the right?  Can you list the recent bomb threats that most likely came from the left? You are implying that it was the left played politics by voicing out and out lies concerning the work done by the White house and FEMA to come to people's aid?  And these new bomb threats are no biggie?  Just the cost of doing business? That the aid workers have not already willingly faced risk of personal harm as they worked to rescue people?  That the acceptable risks to hurricane relief should be flood waters, falling structures as they search for survivors, AND bomb threats?  

As I read and re-read that closing statement I am still left with the question: WTF are you talking about?

By gum, I think you have the right of it. He was just following dear leader’s orders.

IMG_1546.png

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Satchmo said:

IMG_1890.jpeg

• Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Kamala Harris Rolls Out National Marijuana Legalization Plan, Pledging To Make It ‘The Law Of The Land’

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/kamala-harris-rolls-out-marijuana-legalization-plan-pledging-to-make-it-the-law-of-the-land/

This should help her get the jorb. 

It should definitely get her the snowboarder vote....

Pretty sure she already had Bill Maher and Willie Nelson....

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It should definitely get her the snowboarder vote....

Pretty sure she already had Bill Maher and Willie Nelson....

It could be bigger than people realise.

When JT did it, 70% of Canadians were in support of the move.

It was a big reason the Libs got my vote that year. JT promised legalisation and electoral reform. I wanted both, he failed on ER obviously but it is cool that people that consume a drug way less harmful than Alc dont have to be considered criminals anymore. 

I will likely be buying some pot stocks tmr. 

Edit:

Found this.

68% support in the states for legalisation.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/405086/marijuana-views-linked-ideology-religiosity-age.aspx

Yep, good move Harris.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, Satchmo said:

SPR release was good.

I'll ignore the first incomprehensible sentence.

But you didn't ignore it did you?

You are implying that either side could have done this.  Like in Springfield? Those bomb threats to the city hall and schools were just as likely from the left as the right?  Can you list the recent bomb threats that most likely came from the left? You are implying that it was the left played politics by voicing out and out lies concerning the work done by the White house and FEMA to come to people's aid?  And these new bomb threats are no biggie?  Just the cost of doing business? That the aid workers have not already willingly faced risk of personal harm as they worked to rescue people?  That the acceptable risks to hurricane relief should be flood waters, falling structures as they search for survivors, AND bomb threats?  

I will ignore the bolded and don't know what's difficult to understand about the last statement one but here's help. If I'm sitting in a schoolroom I leave when there's a bomb threat. If I'm busy saving lives and there's a bomb threat, I ignore it. 

17 minutes ago, Cranston said:

SPR release was good.

But you didn't ignore it did you?

I will ignore the bolded and don't know what's difficult to understand about the last statement one but here's help. If I'm sitting in a schoolroom I leave when there's a bomb threat. If I'm busy saving lives and there's a bomb threat, I ignore it. 

ok.  I think it was more unavoidable than good.

Yes, I did.

The bolded bit referred to your statement 'Do your jobs and quit playing politics'.  Is having a rational fear of being blown up a way of playing politics?

Now we know how you would react to a bomb threat.  That's up to you.  If you haven't noticed, what I and others have commented on is how you are belittling the presence of bomb threats, and refusing to see the connection between Trump's lies concerning FEMA and the bomb threats to FEMA.  As far as I know, FEMA has no history of bomb threats.  Trump uses FEMA as a means to discredit his political opponent and voila!  Bomb threats and armed thugs.  Now that's playing politics. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Because its bullshit and not a good description of what's actually going on.

Now, investigate the nonsense that Republicans are doing in Georgia.   That should be the biggest story in America right now.

Trump is a lying sick fat ass. What are the recent ones he’s encouraging? The Dems are letting people in who are eating pets. Waltz is gay. It’s crazy shat Trump supports. 

• Vintage 1