US Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

35 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

How it feels trying to get Republicans to understand something.

Youngkin squirming  because he really didn’t want to answer the question. Disgraceful. 

It must be hard sucking  the ball sack of, er supporting, Cheeto Hitler in plain view.  Doesn’t seem to faze some in these parts. 😎

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

It could be bigger than people realise.

When JT did it, 70% of Canadians were in support of the move.

It was a big reason the Libs got my vote that year. JT promised legalisation and electoral reform. I wanted both, he failed on ER obviously but it is cool that people that consume a drug way less harmful than Alc dont have to be considered criminals anymore. 

I will likely be buying some pot stocks tmr. 

Edit:

Found this.

68% support in the states for legalisation.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/405086/marijuana-views-linked-ideology-religiosity-age.aspx

Yep, good move Harris.

Yeah, I was just being a smartass....

This is probably a good move for Kamala....the anti-weed peopl;e weren't going to vote for her anyway and maybe this gets some of the apathetic folks off their couches....

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

This is probably a good move for Kamala....the anti-weed people weren't going to vote for her anyway and maybe this gets some of the apathetic folks off their couches....

Yeah, maybe tomorrow, or maybe....do you have any chocolate chip cookies or Haagen Dazs ice cream?.....Wait, what was the question? Sorry, what did I say? Never mind.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 7/17/2024 at 9:24 AM, Bob Long said:

tbh I'm getting tired of people telling me where to shop. I don't want to "side" my entire life. 

I think it's much more basic than that. Conservtives grab 2 monsters at sev on the way to work Libtards drink espresso doesn't matter if it's from tim's or if you can taste the barista's sweat in your perfectly crafted shot. Aint no body discussing the nuances of espresso at the monster truck rally. but their 100% voting conservative. 

Edited by Hammertime

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I think it's much more basic than that. Conservtives grab 2 monsters at sev on the way to work Libtards drink espresso doesn't matter if it's from tim's or if you can taste the barista's sweat in your perfectly crafted shot. 

A libtard wouldn't be caught dead at tim Horton's and their pathetic excuse for coffee.

The Batista's sweat on the other hand 🫦

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canorth said:

Shows where his mind is at. Already looking past the election to the next insurrection. 

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS—BECAUSE WE ARE BEING PLAYED

Have you noticed Trump has suddenly surged in the polls? 

Republicans are gaming the polls, and there may be a more sinister motive than you’re thinking: Leading up to Election Day, it will look like his victory is inevitable, but when he loses, it will fuel outrage that the election was stolen.

This is a prelude to Insurrection 2.0.

• Cheers 3

54 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I think it's much more basic than that. Conservtives grab 2 monsters at sev on the way to work Libtards drink espresso doesn't matter if it's from tim's or if you can taste the barista's sweat in your perfectly crafted shot. 

I make my own espresso, I guess that makes me centre.

3 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:
3 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Youngkin squirming  because he really didn’t want to answer the question. Disgraceful. 

It must be hard sucking  the ball sack of, er supporting, Cheeto Hitler in plain view.  Doesn’t seem to faze some in these parts. 😎

Also there are so many emigrants that the US population is doubled every month. He said 10 million a day. 

• Upvote 1

F-xigVraYAACXFu?format=jpg&name=large

Thing is, if almost half the country still backs him, maybe a lot of Americans have been convinced that they need a Fascist dictatorship right now. To get things back in order.  Which has a different meaning depending on who you are.  European countries have mostly all gone through their own.  Maybe America has to learn the hard way like they did?  

I hope not

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Trump tells the cult that FEMA is bad, so you have bands of armed self-appointed militias running around with assault weapons hunting FEMA. I wish I was making this up, and that I am not hearing banjo music in the background.

RUTHERFORD COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — A man is being charged after being accused of threatening FEMA workers in western North Carolina, according to the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office. At around 12:54 p.m. on Saturday, deputies got a report of a man with an assault rifle who made a comment about possibly harming FEMA workers providing Hurricane Helene disaster relief in the area of Lake Lure and Chimney Rock.

Rutherford County deputies alerted Lake Lure officers and other local agencies of the threat once they were made aware of it.

Investigators went to the location where the threat was made in Polk County, obtained a description of the suspect vehicle and shared it with other law enforcement. The suspect was later identified as William Jacob Parsons, 44, of Bostic. Parsons was taken into custody and charged with going armed to the terror of the public.

Deputies say that Parsons was armed with a handgun and rifle at the time of his arrest. Parsons was given a $10,000 secured bond. He has since made bond and has been released from custody. Investigators say that Parsons acted alone. This past weekend, FEMA announced that it was making “operational adjustments” due to safety concerns.

A FEMA spokesperson told FOX8 the following.

“FEMA continues to support communities impacted by Helene and help survivors apply for assistance. For the safety of our dedicated staff and the disaster survivors we are helping, FEMA has made some operational adjustments. Disaster Recovery Centers will continue to be open as scheduled, survivors continue to register for assistance, and we continue to help the people of North Carolina with their recovery.”

North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper’s office spoke on the safety concerns in a statement on Monday:

“FEMA along with other state, federal and local response workers are working around the clock to bring assistance to western North Carolina. We are aware of significant misinformation online and reports of threats to response workers on the ground and the safety of responders must be taken seriously. The Governor has directed the Department of Public Safety to identify with local law enforcement the specific threats and rumors and coordinate with FEMA and other partners to ensure safety and security as this recovery effort continues.”

end

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1